Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Timed exercises

We are not Duolingo, we cannot solve any problems directly, but we can provide community-based advice.

cgkisner
Germany

Timed exercises

Post by cgkisner »

I have tried many “timed” exercises. I’m very fast and seldom miss a word. However, I’m unable to complete the exercise in the time allotted. These exercises seem to be impossible to complete.

Q: Are others having this problem?

Thomas.Heiss
Germany

Re: Timed exercises

Post by Thomas.Heiss »

Lightning round or Ramp Up challenge?
Or match madness?

That's normal.
They're supposed to be designed as to pull the Gems out of your pocket or to move you quickly into a Super paying subscription.

viewtopic.php?p=42097-some-ideas-to-mak ... ing#p42097

:de: Native | :us: Upper-B2 (BritishCouncil) | ImageL25 (Duo) / A2 (6+y, McGraw-Hill) - Learning (Busuu): :fr: (A1 McGraw-Hill) | :brazil: (interm.)

Steve579062

Post by Steve579062 »

Try using both hands. I do find them difficult because the words move about. Can't see me every getting above 70 words.

I'm using language to keep my old brain working.

JudieLC
United States of America

Post by JudieLC »

Since I have a free trial of Super for the next couple of days, I've been doing the timed exercises that appear alongside the Snake. Not sure what to call them or if they have a special name.

There are Rapid Review exercises and Match Madness exercises. I never did these particular exercises as a non-paying participant, because you have to pay gems to try them and it never seemed worth it. They are free to try if you have Super, so I'm trying them.

The Rapid Review is easy, and so far I'm able to fill in all three stars on each one. The Match Madness is just as impossible as when it appears as a challenge when you look at the Leaderboard. I can always fill in the first star, but after that I run out of time. You have to pay gems for Timer Boosts and Row Blasters. It looks to me like you'd have to pay gems for them even if you have Super. No way am I wasting my gems on that.

Maybe if I was actually going to pay for Super, I'd spend my gems on Timer Boosts and Row Blasters, I don't know. But I'm not planning to pay, so I'm saving my gems to do Legendaries and stuff like that once my free trial runs out.

Saperlipopette!

Rapid Review

Post by Saperlipopette! »

Rapid Review

Recently I've had Rapid Review pop up. Sometimes I'll do a practice lesson on the app, and this thing shows up.

It's addictive once you get started. I played thirty times today, getting seven XP but not finishing. All the questions were from this skill, all thirty times:

6.17 Office

1 . encore plus, ne pas, depuis, responsabilité, emploi
2 . chacun, encore, parler, propre, ancien
3 . chic, rangé, produit, livraison, ne plus
4 . déménager, réussite, gêner, actuellement, remarquer
5 . vérité, confiance, bien réussi, supporter, nulle part

The dictations were the killer. You have to type something like this:
Paul s'occupe de la livraison des produits.

It's not a long sentence, but it's long enough to type from scratch. You have to do 2-3 of them. Time always runs out and I'm not paying gems.

On really cheesy thing about it is that each counts as a completed lesson for FQ. Seems like a really easy way to complete FQ challenges

I suppose league players, premium subscribers, and IOS users have had this for a while. I just got it. I don't know what to think of it. I wasted enough time on it today.

I don't even know how I got it. It just pops up after completing a lesson...

Renfield
China

Post by Renfield »

I avoid match madness. I don´t think it helps in learning the language. It is a competition and might be addictive for some, but I doubt it means progess in your abilities.
Lightning rounds on the other hand I see as an exercise and I think the help in learning.
I also try to avoid hunting for xp. Double xp or not has no bearing on my learning progress, so I try to ignore the double-xp-rewards.
I did the diamont tournament once and even bought some timer boosts to finish in the top ten ... but I won´t do it again I think.
It would have made more sense taking the time to look up new words in a dictionary an do the normal lessons thoroughly.
Only my two cents.

Deutsch: "native". English: I´m gettin along. Chinese: Learning. Swedish: just started.

Return to “Duolingo”