Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Legendary lessons after the snake

We are not Duolingo, we cannot solve any problems directly, but we can provide community-based advice.

Corinnebelle

Legendary lessons after the snake

Post by Corinnebelle »

I am wondering how to do legendary lessons after the snake?

I got one of my gold lessons to give me legendary by typing in 31 at the end. All the legendary lessons have different codes. How do I figure out the right code for the lesson to do legendary? My latest gold lessons don't let me do legendary. Earlier ones do.

Maybe Duolingo and the snake didn't quite sync and I just need to another lesson first. I don't know.

Update: The later appears to be the case.

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

John Little
Brazil

Re: Legendary lessons after the snake

Post by John Little »

How did you find out/work out the "31" bit? And where do you put it?

John661162

Thomas.Heiss
Germany

Post by Thomas.Heiss »

[mention]John Little[/mention]

I guess the Web Url lesson number is meant by Corinnebelle in the browser, the last number at the end.

For the earlier/last gold Unit there is the "Level Up" button:

https://www.duolingo.com/lesson/unit/xx/level/11

It's several times 11 in my Portuguese course and it matches the count of all circles, stories and chests.
But I always see that purple Level-Up text there?!? Later units beyond 49 (of 75) are locked/grey.

Maybe Legendary Unit tests need to be specifically written or enabled by programmers or course maintainers??

..(...)..

For a normal circled lesson: I don't see it on Chrome Dev.

Starting Lesson 6 of 8 on Infinitive only shows as the Url:

https://www.duolingo.com/lesson

You probably can see all the Api calls in the Firefox Developer Tools Network tab.

What course and Unit is it? Hebrew? All newly added Units 43 to 54?

Does that Unit have 30 circles/stories/chest so the next logical number would be 31?

How about the others you can't access?

[mention]MatOzone[/mention] generates those thread Course Unit overviews which always include some fancy numbers in it:

viewtopic.php?t=8424-hebrew-from-englis ... a-54-units

The Goal is the total number of all items per Units (including chests and stories for other languages).

[mention]Corinnebelle[/mention]

Just add these lesson numbers and Chests from the above Hebrew overview thread for later Units and you should be good.

I understand that the Goal count is always different for Hebrew Units.

Last edited by Thomas.Heiss on Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

:de: Native | :us: Upper-B2 (BritishCouncil) | ImageL25 (Duo) / A2 (6+y, McGraw-Hill) - Learning (Busuu): :fr: (A1 McGraw-Hill) | :brazil: (interm.)

Thomas.Heiss
Germany

Post by Thomas.Heiss »

Thomas.Heiss wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:53 pm

For the Portuguese course:

I can confirm that Unit 62 is the last one which has circles that point to real Spiritual, Business and Politics lessons.

Rest of Units 63-75 only contain (locked/grey) "Personalized practice" circles.

If that's the same case for your later units I somehow could understand why no Legendary Next Level up button is offered there.

Maybe it comes later with another update.

Do these "Personalized practice" circles without the barbell icon just level up crowns on the L1- L3 tree or go higher to L4-L5 crowns?

File a bug report, point to this thread and ask staff.
They probably will never reply if you don't use the Plus/Super support option.
But at least make them aware.

They maybe should better explain it on the blog.
Ha, I'm guilty.
Didn't even read their first path/snake article :-)
Don't want to. Will just get them hits (view count).

:de: Native | :us: Upper-B2 (BritishCouncil) | ImageL25 (Duo) / A2 (6+y, McGraw-Hill) - Learning (Busuu): :fr: (A1 McGraw-Hill) | :brazil: (interm.)

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

Update: The Duome circles don't match exactly the Duolingo circles. I was able to get legendary in another circle now. I had to do one more lesson after it had turned golden and then it let me do legendary. Sometimes Duome doesn't show I did another lesson although it lists it in raw data. I'm still happy with my Duome tree even if it isn't perfect.

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

javier.lisbonam
Spain

Post by javier.lisbonam »

Corinnebelle wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:32 am

Update: The Duome circles don't match exactly the Duolingo circles. I was able to get legendary in another circle now. I had to do one more lesson after it had turned golden and then it let me do legendary. Sometimes Duome doesn't show I did another lesson although it lists it in raw data. I'm still happy with my Duome tree even if it isn't perfect.

I experienced this as well on my French from English course. I tried to give it an explanation in my mind, and this is what I think that happened.
In the app (at least on my Android), the skills/circles became 6 lessons at some point quite a while ago, but in the web version they kept being 5 lessons to a skill/circle. So I think that they kind of "unified" the app and web number of lessons while they were implementing the changes for the snake.
As I was finishing turning my tree golden, around the time the snake started to be rolled out for some people (but not for me yet), some skills on the web started to have a 6th lesson, which, if I don't remember it wrongly, didn't show graphically on the web version (I'm not explaining myself very clearly here, what I mean is that the skills/circles on the web version still looked as if there was 5 lessons to a circle, but clicking on it you could do a 6th lesson, and actually had to do it if you wanted to be able to do legendary lessons on that skill).
When I finished to turn my tree golden, I started to turn it to legendary, and by that time, I already got the snake, so I used the workaround of the duome tree, and then I actually had to do 6th lessons on many skills that I had turned golden long time ago before I could start doing legendary lessons on it.

John Little
Brazil

Post by John Little »

Do you still have to "pay" in gems or in ingots?

John661162

javier.lisbonam
Spain

Post by javier.lisbonam »

John Little wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:35 pm

I use mainly a computer, and using the duome tree (clicking on each skill circle), duolingo would take 10 lingots for every legendary lesson while I had some, but when I ran out of lingots, I could still do these legendary lessons without "cost"

JudieLC
United States of America

Post by JudieLC »

javier.lisbonam wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:08 am
John Little wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:35 pm

I use mainly a computer, and using the duome tree (clicking on each skill circle), duolingo would take 10 lingots for every legendary lesson while I had some, but when I ran out of lingots, I could still do these legendary lessons without "cost"

Interesting. I'd been holding off on doing lessons that way cause I thought I'd run out of lingots and would no longer be able to do them.

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

[mention]javier.lisbonam[/mention] That may be why my lessons don't always show up as completed on the Duome tree. I will keep experimenting to see if I just need to do a few extra lessons to get to legendary. The more practice the better.

[mention]John Little[/mention] I was too far down the tree when the lingot business started.

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

[mention]duome[/mention] Is this the reason lessons aren't always registering on the tree? At first I thought it was the connection, but it appears to be one extra lesson per level for each skill. Except for legendary.

Thomas.Heiss
Germany

Post by Thomas.Heiss »

@corinnebelle

Another A/B test?
I still have the extra review lessons on the old 5.52.5 Android app while the skill is already marked as complete on the Web and I got the additional crown there while the last is remaining.

Unfortunately, we can't complete all lessons on the web and do the extra review lesson on the app.
The penultimate lesson must already be executed on the mobile app to get the one extra lesson and keep the skill marked as open
(doing all lessons on the Web will mark it as finished otherwise).

JudieLC
United States of America

Post by JudieLC »

Thomas.Heiss wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:47 am

@corinnebelle

Another A/B test?
I still have the extra review lessons on the old 5.52.5 Android app while the skill is already marked as complete on the Web and I got the additional crown there while the last is remaining.

Unfortunately, we can't complete all lessons on the web and do the extra review lesson on the app.
The penultimate lesson must already be executed on the mobile app to get the one extra lesson and keep the skill marked as open
(doing all lessons on the Web will mark it as finished otherwise).

Interesting. I did not know that.

I prefer doing lessons on the web, to be honest. But I end up doing a lot on the app to acquire gems so I have them available to use.

Also, the challenges mostly seem to be on the app.

And it’s easier for me to type in Arabic on the app.

Deleted User 5745

Post by Deleted User 5745 »

[mention]Corinnebelle[/mention] Have you considered using the app? The legendary skills just follow each section sequentially.
Absolutely no problem doing them there. 😊

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

Raymond-The-Cat wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 3:23 pm

@Corinnebelle Have you considered using the app? The legendary skills just follow each section sequentially.
Absolutely no problem doing them there. 😊

I only use the web, but suppose I could use an app simulator.

Return to “Duolingo”