Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

French shows or news

Moderators: MoniqueMaRie, dakanga

kortmorningstar
United States of America

French shows or news

Post by kortmorningstar »

Hey everyone! Does anyone know of any live or streaming services online that carry French shows or news? I’m looking to work on listening comprehension in immersion programs. Thank you for your help and suggestions!

Stasia
Poland

Re: French shows or news

Post by Stasia »

kortmorningstar wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:03 am

Hey everyone! Does anyone know of any live or streaming services online that carry French shows or news? I’m looking to work on listening comprehension in immersion programs. Thank you for your help and suggestions!

On some free streaming services you can find Euronews in French. Some Euronews Français programs are in French, others in other European languages with French subtitles.

Then there is TV5Monde... if you can get it to work (there are "geographical restrictions" etc).

Tubi free streaming service has some French movies (which you can usually watch with English subtitles), although the process of finding something you will consider watchable can be time consuming. (All foreign language films are lumped together and not classified by language nor genre, but if you register, the algorithm will eventually learn what you like and start putting what you might be interested in on the top).

Le Monde and Le Figaro are newspapers, but both include some short videos, and these do not seem to have geographical restrictions.

Native: :poland:; Fluent: :es:, :us:; Getting there: Image; Intermediate: :fr:; Beginner: :ukraine:

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

I think this one is French? It's a good story about a girl who leads a band of kids to escape the Nazis.

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

OrangeSaluki
France

Post by OrangeSaluki »

I use an android app called Radio Française, which offers several news stations from France. There are many choices, so one can easily find one of interest. I also watch France 24 via an app on my phone and Google TV.

Return to “Questions”