Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

bonus skills (flirting and proverbs)

PtolemysXX
Uganda

bonus skills (flirting and proverbs)

Post by PtolemysXX »

The attached spreadsheet contains all sentences from the two bonus skills "Flirting" and "proverbs" of the English->Italian course. Those skills appeared on my internal-duolingo tree one day without any action on my side. I can see the skills on the duome's progress page but not on my older android duolingo app that inhibits the "snake"...

update 2023-02-06: added a few more sentences.

Attachments
EN-italian bonus skills Rev.1.xls
(22.5 KiB) Downloaded 45 times
Last edited by PtolemysXX on Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thomas.Heiss
Germany

Re: bonus skills (flirting and proverbs)

Post by Thomas.Heiss »

One can try the three bonus skills by using the IT abbreviation:

viewtopic.php?p=41613-where-are-my-paid ... ics#p41613

It's interesting to carefully check the given word hints or sentence discussions.

Bonus skills are back on Android app 5.52.5.
Maybe in yours too?

A user might have had to buy the bonus skills before, so I'm not sure if the direct skill URLs are working if they are not included in the tree.

The old Android app completely left them out while I wrote my comment, also the skills were gone in the Pt->En course in the Lingot shop.
Now they're back. Don't ask me...

Last edited by Thomas.Heiss on Sat Feb 11, 2023 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

:de: Native | :us: Upper-B2 (BritishCouncil) | ImageL25 (Duo) / A2 (6+y, McGraw-Hill) - Learning (Busuu): :fr: (A1 McGraw-Hill) | :brazil: (interm.)

PtolemysXX
Uganda

Post by PtolemysXX »

Thomas.Heiss wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:33 am

Bonus skills are back on Android app 5.52.5.
Maybe in yours too?

I use 5.68.4 but am unable to locate the skills there . On internal Duolingo they clearly show up in the first section (that was the only way i could access the legendary exercises - from duome / progress i could only do the basic level - two lessons with exact the same contents).

Thomas.Heiss wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:33 am

A user might have had to buy the bonus skills before, so I'm not sure if the direct skill URLs are working if they are not included in the tree.

There are only few sentences in those skills, you are definitely not going to learn flirting to a satisfactory level ;) . Thus before paying anything for the bonus think twice...

gmads
Mexico

Post by gmads »

PtolemysXX wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:47 pm

The attached spreadsheet contains all sentences from the two bonus skills "Flirting" and "proverbs" of the English->Italian course.

The flirting lesson included a few others like:

🦎  Imagination is the only weapon in the war with reality.  🦎
Antinomy - Imagination

🇲🇽 :us:  ·  :it: 🇧🇷  ·  :ru: 🇦🇪

PtolemysXX
Uganda

Post by PtolemysXX »

Thank you [mention]gmads[/mention] . I added your sentences to my spreadsheet above. I tried to get to the skills again to check if I can see more sentences, but the link from duome redirects me to the snake and gets lost there. Do you know where the bonus skills are in the snake? It seems that Duolingo does not want me to learn more flirting. Too bad, I'll have to cancel my flirting trip to Verona this coming Summer :( .

gmads
Mexico

Post by gmads »

PtolemysXX wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:28 pm

Thank you @gmads . I added your sentences to my spreadsheet above. I tried to get to the skills again to check if I can see more sentences, but the link from duome redirects me to the snake and gets lost there. Do you know where the bonus skills are in the snake? It seems that Duolingo does not want me to learn more flirting. Too bad, I'll have to cancel my flirting trip to Verona this coming Summer :( .

You're welcome.

Duo must have taken them out because children should not be allowed to go flirting around! :D

Non cancellare il tuo viaggio! È meglio dimenticare il gufo verde e imparare su altre pagine ;)

Antinomy - Imagination

PtolemysXX
Uganda

Post by PtolemysXX »

gmads wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:33 pm

Non cancellare il tuo viaggio! È meglio dimenticare il gufo verde e imparare su altre pagine ;)

Well, thinking of a "plan B" - I have a whole lot of relevant phrases in the Czech course "for free". Charles Bridge in Prague might be a good place to put them into practice :)

gmads
Mexico

Post by gmads »

PtolemysXX wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:43 am
gmads wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:33 pm

Well, thinking of a "plan B" - I have a whole lot of relevant phrases in the Czech course "for free". Charles Bridge in Prague might be a good place to put them into practice :)

Excellent choice! One of the most beautiful cities in the world. You'll certainly do great there!

☁️🌫🌫☀️🌫🌫🌫☁️
🏤🌳💒 / | \ 🏫⛪🌳
_ _ 🚋 _ _ _ 🚴‍♂️ _ _ 🚗 _ _
🌳🏡 /🚖 |  \ 🏠🌳

Antinomy - Imagination

gmads
Mexico

Post by gmads »

PtolemysXX wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:47 pm

The attached spreadsheet contains all sentences from the two bonus skills "Flirting" and "proverbs" of the English->Italian course. Those skills appeared on my internal-duolingo tree one day without any action on my side. I can see the skills on the duome's progress page but not on my older android duolingo app that inhibits the "snake"...

update 2023-02-06: added a few more sentences.

Un'altra frase per la tua collezione:

A proposito, ho visto il foglio dei proverbi (non l'aveva visto prima) e manca questo:

Antinomy - Imagination

Return to “Italian”