Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Do we need a new area for random comments Topic is solved

Steve579062

Do we need a new area for random comments

Post by Steve579062 »

This is bound to be in the wrong area. ( sorry admin).

I have just seen an update from Duolingo about the characters mouth movements. It seems these individual little people with speak to us.
Nothing to do with learning. Nothing to do with updating the lessons.
Forget forums and learner interaction. No let's just make it more like a game.

Utter B/s

Thankfully I pay nothing so I am not allowed to complain.

Maybe we need a RANT section

And breathe......it's been a long day. :geek:

I'm using language to keep my old brain working.

01tmJ8kb

Re: Do we need a new area for random comments

Post by 01tmJ8kb »

There's already a Random Thoughts section here. Feel free to make use of it!

:gb: N :de: A1 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 A1 :fr: A1

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

Moved to random thoughts. This for all and sundry topics that don't fit in a language or discussions. They don't even have to relate to language learning. :)

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

GrahamW
Canada

Post by GrahamW »

Personally, I would hope/expect that topics in the Random Thoughts forum would relate in some way to language learning. After all, it's a subforum of the "Languages" forum. If it really is a subforum for completely random thoughts unrelated to language learning, then I'd prefer that the Duome team create such a forum as a subforum of a forum other than "Languages" (so I can unsubscribe from it). If I'm interested in topics other than language learning, there are lots of places I can go on the internet for that.

🇨🇦 > :it: :fr: :es: Image :de: Image 🇬🇷 :brazil: 🇨🇳

John Little
Brazil

Post by John Little »

:x

GrahamW wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:27 am

...... If I'm interested in topics other than language learning, there are lots of places I can go on the internet for that.

True. But I confess to being terribly guilty of going off topic in any forum. Its just nice to banter with people you get to know and like. And you are unlikely to meet the same people here in other forums.

Edit: and you can pick and choose the threads you read.... Or not. :)

John661162

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

[mention]GrahamW[/mention] I moved this because it wasn't just a request. It actually had a topic. If you think we need another area for random thoughts you are welcome to request one in requests. Personally this forum is a mix of languages and whatever people have on their minds. We wanted a forum like this for those times when we wanted to chat about things that weren't Duolingo related. You saw those things often disappearing on Duolingo's so now we have a place for where the other part of the forums are devoted predominantly to languages and this forum is for those random thoughts. Languages is meant to meant the language the topics are written in or the one being discussed, it doesn't necessarily mean it has to do with learning the language.

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

Return to “Random Thoughts”