Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Duo removed the league standings from the homepage?

We are not Duolingo, we cannot solve any problems directly, but we can provide community-based advice.

LICA98
Finland

Duo removed the league standings from the homepage?

Post by LICA98 »

so apparently from now on you can no longer see the league standings from the main page and instead have to click on a separate leaderboards page 😡 who the f thought this was a good idea 👎🏽
![image](https://user-images.githubusercontent.c ... 7b45d5.png)

Steve579062

Re: Duo removed the league standings from the homepage?

Post by Steve579062 »

It makes me wonder if this is programmers competing with each other rather than working together.
I've seen it on so many apps. Google is a great one for " this is working but what happens if I tweak this " ?
I even have a name for it " muskified" !

I'm using language to keep my old brain working.

b05aplmun.ca
United States of America

Post by b05aplmun.ca »

LICA98 wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:28 pm

so apparently from now on you can no longer see the league standings from the main page and instead have to click on a separate leaderboards page 😡 who the f thought this was a good idea 👎🏽

Possibly someone who thought the leagues maybe ought to be de-emphasized a bit - something many participants have thought since leagues were started.

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

Seems like they've upped the ante between players with adding an XP comparison chart.

XP.jpg
XP.jpg (11.43 KiB) Viewed 480 times

Not sure how long that has been on there now. Seems like I rarely visit a profile now. Well it's not accurate anyway. I didn't do a lesson on Saturday and I did some on Wednesday. Don't know what they're doing!

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

AlexanderN844702
Canada

Post by AlexanderN844702 »

If you like seeing leagues on the homepage, then it’s a bad thing. If you don’t like seeing leagues on the homepage, then it’s a good thing. I’m a little bit of both. (Guess they have to replace the stories tab with something)

• AlexanderN844702 (currently hosting the 2023 Duolympics)
SansEspoir
Norway

Post by SansEspoir »

I kind of hope this is an effort for them to intergrate the experience across all platforms, so that it won't matter if I do a lesson on my iPad, android phone or computer website, because that is long overdue.

But who am I kidding? This is the For Profit company DuoLingo we're talking about. They don't do anything that benefits the user anymore.

DuoMe Profile Learning 🇮🇹/Image + 🇩🇪, with the most focus on 🇮🇹 for now.
Working on repairing the 🇸🇪 🇩🇰 Legendaries after the 2023 updates, but refusing to pay for the snake makes it hard :mrgreen: as long as a kind soul keeps me in their family plan Image. 🇳🇴 Legendary is finally completed again.

LICA98
Finland

Post by LICA98 »

Corinnebelle wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:04 pm

Seems like they've upped the ante between players with adding an XP comparison chart.

XP.jpg

Not sure how long that has been on there now. Seems like I rarely visit a profile now. Well it's not accurate anyway. I didn't do a lesson on Saturday and I did some on Wednesday. Don't know what they're doing!

this has been available on the app for a long time

and it looks like they just have the dates messed up on the web... this is how it looks like there ![image](https://user-images.githubusercontent.c ... 6adc6d.png)
but on the app everything is right
![image](https://user-images.githubusercontent.c ... da1d29.png)

buho

Post by buho »

[mention]Steve579062[/mention], I can assure you developers don't have much say in these matters. it's always the pesky managers(and the likes).

Return to “Duolingo”