Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

1000's of points in a single day?

We are not Duolingo, we cannot solve any problems directly, but we can provide community-based advice.

est omen
Croatia

1000's of points in a single day?

Post by est omen »

How??

Corinnebelle

Re: 1000's of points in a single day?

Post by Corinnebelle »

[mention]est omen[/mention] Hi! Welcome to Duome!

Might I suggest the following link for more information on this subject.

viewtopic.php?p=3121-xp-farming-xp-bot- ... 0 xp#p3121

Such things as Duo boost, stories, double xp and timed practice and legendary in certain combinations can give you many xp on the app.

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

Enzfj2
Ukraine

Post by Enzfj2 »

You can do a story in less than 5 min—they're very tolerant to mistakes—and get 30 XP on a desktop (web), say 360 XP in an hour, and 3 hours a day is not so big a deal. And if you're doing different stories, you even can learn something in process.

LICA98
Finland

Post by LICA98 »

Enzfj2 wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:48 pm

You can do a story in less than 5 min—they're very tolerant to mistakes—and get 30 XP on a desktop (web), say 360 XP in an hour, and 3 hours a day is not so big a deal. And if you're doing different stories, you even can learn something in process.

also the lightning rounds on the app are up to 40XP (and if you doing them for a language you know well but haven't done the duo tree it's gonna be very basic stuff)

FurbyZeKat
Switzerland

Post by FurbyZeKat »

I'm at match madness level 9 in the app, for three more days I could do many times 60xp or 120 with a XP boost, you can easily get two of them everyday.

Of course, this is useless, unless you want to get the legendary achievement.

XP are fine when they support your learning by giving you a symbolic reward that boosts your motivation, but when they become your main goal it is utter nonsense.

N French C1 English B2 German B1 Esperanto L Turkish

Steve579062

Post by Steve579062 »

It seems to me that you end up cheating yourself. I never realised how competitive I was until I started to climb the ladder. Having said that, I also like to motivate my " friends" by giving extra bonus points and leaving them the chance to complete challenges with me.

The greatest prize is the gift you give to yourself. It suddenly hits you......wow, I know the answers.

I'm using language to keep my old brain working.

PtolemysXX
Uganda

Post by PtolemysXX »

Steve579062 wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 8:03 pm

(...) I also like to motivate my " friends" by giving extra bonus points and leaving them the chance to complete challenges with me.

Nice!

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

Meli578588 wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 5:19 am

All languages are to be loved.

I agree! :)

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

FurbyZeKat
Switzerland

Post by FurbyZeKat »

est omen wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 10:57 pm

How??

As I already responded, 1000XP is fairly easy, but recently I saw a post on FB with a diamond league snapshot : the 1st having 117000xp, the 2nd 101000xp and the 3rd 70700! The 4th had "only" 15600xp.

The guy in the 3rd position said that he was more or less spending his whole day on Duolingo...

So it looks like you can make 16000+ xp a day if you dedicate your life to it :roll:

N French C1 English B2 German B1 Esperanto L Turkish

Apsa25
Poland

Post by Apsa25 »

I could easily get over 700 xp on 15 minutes. When I got the first several skills of the tree to the legendarny level, then on android the „hard practice” was 45xp if you did it errorless - 90xp with the double xp bonus (which you can get twice a day on android) or even 100xp if you had the happy hours with extra 5xp per lesson (10xp with the bonus).
Then, if you worked on a language that has a different alphabet, first skills are designed to teach the letters and are very simple. Plus with other alphabet the „difficult” translation ta the end of a lesson can still be done with a word bank and not by typing the answer. So you could do a lesson in around a minute and get up to 100xp. The time needed to load the lesson and then to wait for it to close caused some delay but I was still able to do something like 8-9 lessons before my bonus ended.
All that being said, I remember reaching over 2000xp on a single day just by doing 15xp lessons; it was before even the crown system was introduced. I was just motivated to review the language I learned in school before going abroad.

TheChronotope
Great Britain

Post by TheChronotope »

Meli578588 wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 5:19 am

so now, all of a sudden your in love with this language ? […] All languages are to be loved.

This is true! I speak several languages, and each one elicits its own, unique love. For example, I had wanted to study Russian since high school. At uni, I signed up for Elementary Russian but the pedagogy and classroom environment were so stressful that it created this psychological wall around the language. Everything felt formidable, nothing made sense, I couldn't find my footing. I dropped out within a week. Fast forward to last spring, when I re-discovered Duolingo. I started the Russian course then and had the same mental block as before. At the same time, I signed up for another elementary course at a local university…and again dropped out within a week. It was clear to me that the problem was psychological, somehow, so I decided to stick to learning the alphabet on my own, switch to Polish, and come back to studying the language later, when the timing was right. I spent the summer speaking basic Polish then unexpectedly immersing myself in self-directed study of Italian, ahead of a trip to Italy. The way I approached these languages taught me a lot about how I learn best: on my own, surrounded by reading and listening material that interests me. In November, while on sick leave, I woke up one morning with this ravenous hunger to speak Russian, so I began the Duolingo course in earnest and sailed through twenty lessons as if nothing could be more natural. Then I skimmed through my abandoned Russian grammar book from the previous spring and realised that I knew everything in the first two chapters. And now I…can't get enough of Russian. Rereading my post, I sound a bit eccentric and obsessive, but –– I came back to Russian after understanding myself better. My love for this language is…orchestral…like being reunited with a childhood sweetheart and discovering that you are soulmates still.

juana860082
Mexico

Post by juana860082 »

This seems impossible for a week, not even a week. We started on Tuesday and it is now Saturday.
The head of my league has 528266 XP.

How is that even possible? It is not motivating, to say the least. He must have bots or some sort of program working 24/7. For we mere mortals, this is deeply discouraging. Duolingo should fix this problem.

juana860082
Mexico

Post by juana860082 »

FurbyZeKat wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:19 am
est omen wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 10:57 pm

How??

As I already responded, 1000XP is fairly easy, but recently I saw a post on FB with a diamond league snapshot : the 1st having 117000xp, the 2nd 101000xp and the 3rd 70700! The 4th had "only" 15600xp.

The guy in the 3rd position said that he was more or less spending his whole day on Duolingo...

So it looks like you can make 16000+ xp a day if you dedicate your life to it :roll:

The top two on my group this week have over 300,000 and over 500,000. It is Saturday. We started on Tuesday. 100,000 per day!

Yoong1eKangTerry
United States of America

Post by Yoong1eKangTerry »

By not progressing far in the Chinese course and doing the practice hub speaking exercise in Chinese you can get 20xp every 3 seconds, at best if you speak perfectly, and 6 seconds at best if you just click through it.

See here:
viewtopic.php?t=25005-how-to-get-the-mo ... or-leagues

Native:🇺🇸(English)| Novice Mid: 🇪🇸(Spanish)|Beginner:🇰🇷(Korean)

Woluwe
Belgium

Post by Woluwe »

Someone in my Diamond League had over 13.000 XPs only two hours after the new competition had started and then over 31.000 a few hours later. This must be some kind of bot and it is completely discouraging for those people who are doing the exercises fast and without many errors. I had over 1300 XPs in the same first two hours, while this joker had ten times that amount. There must be a lot of cheating going on here and Duolingo organisers should do something about it.

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

Woluwe wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:05 am

Someone in my Diamond League had over 13.000 XPs only two hours after the new competition had started and then over 31.000 a few hours later. This must be some kind of bot and it is completely discouraging for those people who are doing the exercises fast and without many errors. I had over 1300 XPs in the same first two hours, while this joker had ten times that amount. There must be a lot of cheating going on here and Duolingo organisers should do something about it.

@Woluwe We aren't Duolingo, at Duome. However you can consider sending in a bug report about users who appear to be cheating through their website.

Return to “Duolingo”