Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Spanish Golden Owl

We are not Duolingo, we cannot solve any problems directly, but we can provide community-based advice.

Christywi
United States of America

Spanish Golden Owl

Post by Christywi »

I was switched from the traditional tree to the new snake on November 14th . All i had to do was the last 4 units 208-211. I just finished Unit 211 in Spanish and ALL of the skill sets are golden. I was surprised that a golden owl wasn´t forthcoming.

Since there are no other skill sets to be learned how can I get my golden owl. Duome says I am only at 96% because I had some practice lesons that are less than 5 XP. That´s not possible because I have always done XPs with at least 10.

Help me - I am stymied.

Christywi

duome

Re: Spanish Golden Owl

Post by duome »

Christywi-tree-duome-eu.png
Christywi-tree-duome-eu.png (50.04 KiB) Viewed 585 times

These are the missing skills according to the Tree tab on your Duome Progress page.
Clicking on the dots below skill titles will take you to these skills from the old layout.

The problem I seem to have right now is that even though I can proceed to parcticing such skills, my results won't be saved for me and none of these skills would be updated. If it's a temporary issue, we may still have a chance later on, otherwise our trees are stuck like this and we'll probably have to abandon the old stats at some point when all hope is lost.

That sadly is the way it is since Duome totally relies on the data provided by Duolingo, and if the data is broken, we cannot do anything about it except a few occasions when it's possible to estimate or recalculate some numbers.

upd: my last attempt was actaully accepted and the results were finally saved, yet it didn't work for me for a couple of days before today.

Christywi
United States of America

Post by Christywi »

Thank you for your help. I don´t know how to access my progress page. I don´t see that progress is a subdirectory. Can you provide exact link? I keep getting an error message.

Christywi

01tmJ8kb

Post by 01tmJ8kb »

Christywi wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 7:53 pm

Thank you for your help. I don´t know how to access my progress page. I don´t see that progress is a subdirectory. Can you provide exact link?

https://duome.eu/Christywi/progress

:gb: N :de: A1 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 A1 :fr: A1

Christywi
United States of America

Post by Christywi »

Thank you. I'm now at the old tree that has had 7new skill sets added since I was converted automatically to the new paradigm. I have done a few lessons and see that Duolingo is giving me xp and extending my streak. I don't understand why Duolingo is offering this option through duome. Seems odd.

duome

Post by duome »

Duolingo isn't offering anything but the raw data, so Duome is able to take this data and recreate the old tree - for those who cannot quite cope with the change Duolingo imposed on us. A huge thanks for the data nonetheless...

Enzfj2
Ukraine

Post by Enzfj2 »

First time I was forcedly switched to the snake, I observed that it skipped 14 German skills, and the progress on the snake was marked on Duome as getting to L2 (red) — from L0 on the initial (recently extended) tree, while I already had all the tree up to the end at L1 (blue), and while I were doing lessons from the snake, I observed that my crown count was lower, i.e. the crowns for the skills which were mapped to the snake unit I was doing were zeroed, and I had to redo the same skills from L0 instead of from L1.

When it was possible to return to the tree thanks to www-internal, I finished the same German tree to L3, but noticed that the snake didn't show any progress and stuck more or less at the same place where I quitted it.
When recently www-internal was inoperative for some time, I did lessons from Duome tree to L3 and higher—which are unaccessible from the snake at all!—but lost about 100 crowns in total (German and French courses). Funny that just an attempt to do a lesson on www-internal partly restored the crown count, and when www-internal was back, all my crowns were back, too (perhaps less 1 or 2).

My theory is that the tree status was mapped onto the snake only once, at the moment of transition, and later, even if the instructive lessons were done from the tree, but repetitions and check-points not, it doesn't count, and if you return to the snake, you'll lose the crowns and have to restart everything from zero (L0).

Christywi
United States of America

Post by Christywi »

Thank you for the very thorough walk through of your experience with the switch to the snake. It puts my experience into more of a global perspective. I have been only dealing with Spanish and very close to the end of the tree. Or so I thought.

bsigmon
United States of America

Post by bsigmon »

I'm confused on the solution to this. Do I click on the dots under the unfinished portions of the tree at https://duome.eu/bsigmon/progress and then do the lessons that way? If so, how do I know when I'm done? My current theory is to do a dot until it doesn't give me 10 XP. Is this correct? BTW, this is for German, I'm not close to completing Spanish.

Return to “Duolingo”