Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Duolingo Annual Language Report

We are not Duolingo, we cannot solve any problems directly, but we can provide community-based advice.

Saperlipopette!

Duolingo Annual Language Report

Post by Saperlipopette! »

The Global Language Report for Duolingo is out and so are the individual stats. I've given the link for the global report & you can get your stats from the app profile page (the silhouette of the little girl' face) or the news feed. I did check the web but it's SOL there.

I have some observations about the stats:

• They fixed the years XP totals. Previous year's reports stopped at 99,999 for the year.
  • XP inflation was out of control this year.
  • Duo says they have 50 million monthly users so top .1% puts you in a group of 50,000.

I turned off the weekly report a long time ago because they compared 5 days worth of activity to your two previous seven day totals. I assume it's still that way even though I told them they ought to multiply the 5 days total by 7/5 for comparison purposes. Je pense que cet avis est entré par une oreille et est sorti par l'autre.

I think it is at least worth the effort to look at your stats & glance through the annual report. Ukraine is a big part of the report, but that's to be expected: Duolingo has donated significant resources to the relief effort there.

Last edited by Saperlipopette! on Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John Little
Brazil

Re: Duolingo Annual Language Report

Post by John Little »

Apparently I am very special and I've done very well. In all probability, you've all done very well (thank you Mr Grace)

John661162

-aks-

Post by -aks- »

Here are some funny arithmetics :
I got Top 2% for 34108 XP and 14% for 2534 XP
In my book that means the base (bottom 100%) is 348 xp and 29xp respectively or 1710xp for your case ( 170878 / (100-0.1) )
Clearly, Duolingo uses different XP weight categories, to make you feel better, no matter how little XP you got.

🇺🇸🇷🇺🇪🇸

Saperlipopette!

2023 Duolingo Annual Language Report

Post by Saperlipopette! »

The 2023 Annual Report is out and so are the stats. Get 'em while you can...

John Little
Brazil

Post by John Little »

Are we all top 1 percenters?

John661162

John Little
Brazil

Post by John Little »

The Hells Angels proudly boast that they are part of the 1% of motorcyclists who are bad.

John661162

SansEspoir
Norway

Post by SansEspoir »

Well, even minimal effort makes you a good learner it seems. I have struggled so much with my motivation this year thanks to the SnakePath.
I'd post the pics, but since they take up a lot of space, I think I'll just list the interesting stats here.

XP Gained:
2022: 42182
2023: 15808 - and that is with a much harder focus on legendaries which gives more xp per lesson

Minutes Spent:
2022: 5395
2023: 2167

Words Learned:
2022: 3706
2023: 546 - funny, because it doesn't feel like I've learned anything at all from duolingo this year. Instead any gains I've made have been from the other websites.

Top Learner Percentage:
2022: Top 1%
2023: Top 4%

Weeks and Leagues:
2022: 7 weeks in Diamond
2023: 2 weeks in Obsidian

I'm not sure how long I can stay motivated for this. I'm not learning much anymore, and I think the fact that they claim I learned anything at all this year is because I cheated my way out of the italian course, when the lessons on the Duome Tree was still working.

DuoMe Profile Learning 🇮🇹/Image + 🇩🇪, with the most focus on 🇮🇹 for now.
Working on repairing the 🇳🇴 🇸🇪 🇩🇰 Legendaries after the 2023 updates, but not sure how to complete it all since I'm out of gems due to refusing to pay for the Snake :mrgreen: as long as a kind soul keeps me in their family plan Image

uralicnomad
Hungary

Post by uralicnomad »

-aks- wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:57 am

Duolingo uses different XP weight categories, to make you feel better, no matter how little XP you got.

Glad I'm not the only one thinking this, I'm baffled at the thought of being in the top .01 percent of learners overall and my specific language, With 30 weeks in diamond, I'm struggling to stay in the league every week against all these people gaining 5000+ points

Jacko079
United States of America

Post by Jacko079 »

Here are my results:

IMG_1991.jpeg
IMG_1991.jpeg (83.55 KiB) Viewed 1926 times

Learning: Italian and Arabic.

Deleted User 10504

Post by Deleted User 10504 »

I have never clicked the Share button at Duolingo, but I am curious what the Reward is. Anyone?

Native :us: / Proficient :de: / Passable :fr: / Gold Tree but Horrid :it: / Worked Hard But Stuck :ru: / Dabbler :greece: :kr: / Bucket List :es: / Wish List :iceland:

Jacko079
United States of America

Post by Jacko079 »

patfinegan wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:09 am

I have never clicked the Share button at Duolingo, but I am curious what the Reward is. Anyone?

The reward is a special status update symbol. In my case I was told I was a “superstar learner”, that that was my unique learning style. I suppose the symbols vary to each different learning style.

IMG_1992.jpeg
IMG_1992.jpeg (34.62 KiB) Viewed 1860 times

Learning: Italian and Arabic.

MoniqueMaRie
Germany

Post by MoniqueMaRie »

John Little wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:49 pm

Are we all top 1 percenters?

Sure. And I am soooo proud of it :lol:

The statistic said that I had worked on French, Italian and four other languages, not even listing them. Yes, I know why

New years resolution for next year: do so much Polish that the Duolingo statistics list it at the end of the year. But now without sentence discussions the course leaves me helpless...

Native :de: / using :uk: / learning :fr: :cn: :it: / once learnt Image / trying to understand at least a bit :poland:

Meli578588
Italy

Post by Meli578588 »

I must be invisible . I received no annual report.

Where did everyone get this , please ?

MoniqueMaRie
Germany

Post by MoniqueMaRie »

Meli578588 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:00 am

I must be invisible . I received no annual report.

Where did everyone get this , please ?

Got it both on Duolingo and by e-mail like last year

Native :de: / using :uk: / learning :fr: :cn: :it: / once learnt Image / trying to understand at least a bit :poland:

Meli578588
Italy

Post by Meli578588 »

Thank you @MoniqueMaRie
🙂
They must have skipped me over. I’ve never seen any annual report.

Edit: It must be because I am using my phone.
I’ll check my laptop. ( For Duolingo ) Thanks again !
Nothing in my email ..

John Little
Brazil

Post by John Little »

Meli578588 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:11 am

Thank you @MoniqueMaRie
🙂
They must have skipped me over. I’ve never seen any annual report.

Edit: It must be because I am using my phone.
I’ll check my laptop. ( For Duolingo ) Thanks again !
Nothing in my email ..

Have you checked your "junk" (no pun intended)

John661162

eI000yo

Post by eI000yo »

Trend is similar to last year, XP inflation continues.
I collected 78 images and created a spreadsheet and graph.
Percentages are based on XP.

My conclusions:

• Hardly 100,000 accounts earned 11% of the XP but 6% of the time spent on the platform.
  • The other accounts to complete a million got a quarter of the XP and used a quarter of the time as well.
  • 5 million more earned 37% of XP but used almost half the total time on DL.
  • And 90 million accounts got another quarter of the XP and 20% of the minutes.

Best regards!

Meli578588
Italy

Post by Meli578588 »

@John Little , @MoniqueMaRie ,
Thank you ! I found it on my laptop ; per Duolingo. :)

I’ll check spam etc., in email. Curious why it wasn’t sent there , as well.🙂

Deleted User 4833

Post by Deleted User 4833 »

I didn't get "Share for a reward" anywhere. Just "share stats". And no status symbol.

MoniqueMaRie
Germany

Post by MoniqueMaRie »

JudieLC wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:55 am

I didn't get "Share for a reward" anywhere. Just "share stats". And no status symbol.

Same for me

Explorer
Portugal

Post by Explorer »

🇬🇧 🇪🇸 🇵🇹 🇫🇷 🇩🇪 | Learning: 🇯🇵 |

Return to “Duolingo”