Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

pre-design routes are dead?

We are not Duolingo, we cannot solve any problems directly, but we can provide community-based advice.

buho

pre-design routes are dead?

Post by buho »

So, I just tried to do lessons at www-internal.duolingo. com and noticed that it's broken.

All the pre-design routes(e.g.: /skill/es/Harvest) redirect to /learn.
I suppose their(duolingo's) transition to new design is complete.

Gentianopsis
Czech Republic

Re: pre-design routes are dead?

Post by Gentianopsis »

buho wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:46 pm

So, I just tried to do lessons at www-internal.duolingo. com and noticed that it's broken.

Yes, many of us have noticed that too and there are multiple discussion forums about it here on Duome recently. :-(

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

We are not robots, while we might do "better" stats wise on an AI designed route, we actually enjoy learning more on our own pathway!

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

SansEspoir
Norway

Post by SansEspoir »

It's horrible, the snake isn't as good :cry:

DuoMe Profile Learning 🇮🇹/Image + 🇩🇪, with the most focus on 🇮🇹 for now.
Working on repairing the 🇳🇴 🇸🇪 🇩🇰 Legendaries after the 2023 updates, but not sure how to complete it all since I'm out of gems due to refusing to pay for the Snake :mrgreen: as long as a kind soul keeps me in their family plan Image

trackerwannabe
United States of America

Post by trackerwannabe »

A couple of workarounds are described here and here.

buho

Post by buho »

trackerwannabe wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:19 pm

A couple of workarounds are described here and here.

unfortunately, both don't work.
now I think it's time to let go. 1500 day streak means nothing if I'm not learning at all.

trackerwannabe
United States of America

Post by trackerwannabe »

buho wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:15 pm

unfortunately, both don't work.

That is unfortunate. I wonder why they work for some of us, and not for others...

Could it be that it works for some trees (e.g. English -> French) and not others?

It'd be nice if some method could be found that would would work for you. That's one impressive streak to discard!

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

[mention]buho[/mention] I'm sorry for you! I'm not sure how this works. I wish there was a way that worked for you too!

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

buho

Post by buho »

[mention]Corinnebelle[/mention], [mention]trackerwannabe[/mention], I've tried everything. from joining a classroom(schools.duolingo.com) to downgrading apps.

maybe it's a sign telling me to grow out of this habit of being spoonfed by Duolingo.
there isn't a dearth of Spanish resources. what's better, I am starting to like busuu(thanks to your recommendations!). it is like a mature version of duolingo.
perhaps I'll come back to duolingo some other day, when it's a bit more likeable.

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

[mention]buho[/mention] All the best! Sometimes Duolingo fixes some of the problems that arise with new learning interfaces. :)

[mention]buho[/mention] Here's more ideas about escaping the snake or using it minimally.

Return to “Duolingo”