Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

B1 level

Moderators: Stasia, xillegas

Puunina

B1 level

Post by Puunina »

Hello everyone.

Does enyone know which duolingo levels in spanish course(new tree) are equivalent to b1 level? Is there any oficial data source?

Puunina

Re: B1 level

Post by Puunina »

Thank you so much.

It seems B1 starts at 89 and B2 at 166.

Jim945085
United States of America

Post by Jim945085 »

That is for French. This is the Spanish forum. Do you know where the info is for Spanish?

Thanks in advance

Thomas.Heiss
Germany

Post by Thomas.Heiss »

The info is given on the right side on schools.duolingo.com when you're on a teacher account and you've created a Spanish classroom.

I have the info from the Assign register tab and drop down list but only for the old tree design (section #6 starts B1), sorry.
I have no plans to switch to the new path design in the settings.

Maybe a path ES user like [mention]dakanga[/mention] is already registered as a teacher, too.

:de: Native | :us: Upper-B2 (BritishCouncil) | ImageL25 (Duo) / A2 (6+y, McGraw-Hill) - Learning (Busuu): :fr: (A1 McGraw-Hill) | :brazil: (interm.)

Thomas.Heiss
Germany

Post by Thomas.Heiss »

Hello all,

I came across three existing ES courses of different path length (207, 211, 220 units) in the resource sub forum:

viewforum.php?f=213-resources

Is also visible here: https://ardslot.com/duolingodata.html

So the exact starting point for B1 and B2 will vary depending on which course you got assigned and how material got realigned or expanded.

I noticed in the French path data that [mention]dakanga[/mention] listed part 1 and part2 for each B level.
Previous old tree design shows B1 from section #6 to section #9 in the school classroom, so that's 4 sections only for B1!

So obviously there can't be one single answer which is valid for everyone.

:de: Native | :us: Upper-B2 (BritishCouncil) | ImageL25 (Duo) / A2 (6+y, McGraw-Hill) - Learning (Busuu): :fr: (A1 McGraw-Hill) | :brazil: (interm.)

dakanga

Post by dakanga »

I am so thankful for you being in this community [mention]Thomas.Heiss[/mention] .

Including being appreciative of this analysis.

Thomas.Heiss
Germany

Post by Thomas.Heiss »

My school classroom information finally got migrated from the tree sections to the units.
The new path/snake was already forced onto me on 04. January 2023 (but I won't use it for my finished Portuguese tree).

Applies to: Spanish course with 211 units.
According to Duolingo definitions:

B1

• B1 starts at Unit 89: Form the past tense, talk about romance
  • First B1 stories (in unit 89: Janet's Play, This Isn't Working)

B2

• B2 starts at Unit 166: Describe people you know, express regret
  • B2 stories: None (as of 15. January 2023)

I don't see a separation of the B1 or B2 content into 2-3 parts so we would know which content maps to B1.1, B1.2. Same for B2. Same schools actually make use of B1.3 too.

For the other two Spanish course versions (different unit length) it will be slightly differently.

Return to “Spanish”