Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

DuoLingo Dictionary URL

Ask, and we'll consider your request. Provide an accurate description of what you would like to do/have, and we'll consider implementing it, if this is technically possible.

Jaggleberry

DuoLingo Dictionary URL

Post by Jaggleberry »

Hello,

I don't know if this is a good place for this question but I've been trying to find the URL used to access DuoLingo's dictionary via an API script. It used to be

Code: Select all

https://d2.duolingo.com/api/1/dictionary/hints/<source>/<target>?tokens=<words>

but that link doesn't seem to work anymore.

@duome any chance you might have this information as you seem to have the translations on your 'Words' tab inside the span titles, e.g.:

Code: Select all

<span class="wA" title="[asoko] (over) there">あそこ</span>

For a couple Duo-related projects I'm working on I'm currently using another language translation API service but the problem is that some of the translations they provide are not the same translations that DuoLingo uses.

I was told not to scrape Duome for this data or I would just do that from time-to-time.

Thank you.

Corinnebelle

Re: DuoLingo Dictionary URL

Post by Corinnebelle »

Duolingo removed their dictionaries last July. Whether this still works I don't know.

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

Return to “Requests new Duome features”