Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Night owl chest

We are not Duolingo, we cannot solve any problems directly, but we can provide community-based advice.

zplus2
Slovakia

Night owl chest

Post by zplus2 »

Hello,
Does everybody have the option to get a Night owl chest? :ugeek:

I usually do my morning lessons and get the Early bird chest.
My friend showed me yesterday her Night owl chest :idea:

So today around 7 p.m. I used the Early bird chest and did 3-4 lessons.
But no Night owl chest reward for me. Why? :oops:

Is it limited to android (iPhone here), users over a 365-day streak, or beta users only...?
Or do I need to set up/approve something?

Thanks for your time :)

Meli578588
Italy

Re: Night owl chest

Post by Meli578588 »

I don’t have a night owl chest. Never heard of it.
Hopefully someone who knows will answer here shortly. 🙂

FurbyZeKat
Switzerland

Post by FurbyZeKat »

zplus2 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:40 pm

Does everybody have the option to get a Night owl chest? :ugeek:

Hello, on Android I have

• the Early Bird Chest that is awarded if I do a lesson between 5:00am and noon
  • the Night Owl Chest that is awarded if I do a lesson between 5:00pm and midnight

N French C1 English B2 German B1 Esperanto L Turkish

Stasia
Poland

Post by Stasia »

FurbyZeKat wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:12 am

Hello, on Android I have

• the Early Bird Chest that is awarded if I do a lesson between 5:00am and noon
  • the Night Owl Chest that is awarded if I do a lesson between 5:00pm and midnight

Same here, I have the same. The chest gives always gives me 15 minutes of double XP.

Native: :poland:; Fluent: :es:, :us:; Getting there: Image; Intermediate: :fr:; Beginner: :ukraine:

zplus2
Slovakia

Post by zplus2 »

Meli578588 wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:06 am

You suppose to get it when you do a lesson after 5 or 6 p.m.
I did 3-4 lessons after 7 p.m. just to be sure but did not get it and I don’t know why.

LICA98
Finland

Post by LICA98 »

tbh I never understood how the chests work, it always says that your chest is gonna be available in X hours as if you're supposed to remember to come and pick it later 🙄 tho it's hardly anything valuable so I don't really care about it

Dana_Dany Danuta
Poland

Post by Dana_Dany Danuta »

Hello, @zplus2!

I have these chests on the app on my phone. I get 15 minutes of double XP and I like it!

They themselves offered me this opportunity, so I'm taking advantage of it! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Last edited by Dana_Dany Danuta on Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Native language: 🇵🇱 Duolingo levels

Be smart and write poems. :D

FurbyZeKat
Switzerland

Post by FurbyZeKat »

LICA98 wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:47 am

tbh I never understood how the chests work, it always says that your chest is gonna be available in X hours as if you're supposed to remember to come and pick it later 🙄 tho it's hardly anything valuable so I don't really care about it

You have to claim the chest, usually by tapping your gem counter.

As for the when, it's really straighforward, Duo wants you to learn twice a day :

• if you learn in the morning you'll get the bonus when you learn in the evening
  • if you learn in the evening, you'll get the bonus when you learn in the morning
  • if you learn both in the morning and in the evening, you'll get two bonuses a day.

Of course, these XP are worthless, they are just there to encourage your gamer brain :-D

N French C1 English B2 German B1 Esperanto L Turkish

Meli578588
Italy

Post by Meli578588 »

zplus2 wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:00 am
Meli578588 wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:06 am

You suppose to get it when you do a lesson after 5 or 6 p.m.
I did 3-4 lessons after 7 p.m. just to be sure but did not get it and I don’t know why.

Thank you much. I will check this out.

I will look for it now and try and follow all the tips and directions on this thread. 🙂

Stasia
Poland

Post by Stasia »

Meli578588 wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:33 pm

Thank you much. I will check this out.

I will look for it now and try and follow all the tips and directions on this thread. 🙂

Don't be too disappointed if it turns out you do not have this option - some people do, some people don't. Oh the logic of Duolingo which wants you to compete in leagues but denies a level playing field for everybody. :ugeek:

Native: :poland:; Fluent: :es:, :us:; Getting there: Image; Intermediate: :fr:; Beginner: :ukraine:

lrai
United States of America

Post by lrai »

I have never heard of this option but then I only do duo on my laptop so there are probably lots of bells and buzzers I don't get. I do my daily lesson and stick to my own routine and that works for me. As for chests, mine is still with me morning and night...LOL

lrai
what's your legacy
Image 🇨🇳 🇷🇺 Learning Yiddish, Chinese, Russian

bestbit
Netherlands

Post by bestbit »

My friend has both special chests on android, but for me (iphone) I only have the early bird chest. No night owl for me... Any ideas...?

JudieLC
United States of America

Post by JudieLC »

bestbit wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:59 pm

My friend has both special chests on android, but for me (iphone) I only have the early bird chest. No night owl for me... Any ideas...?

Mine just showed up a couple of weeks ago, even though I've been doing "night owl" lessons for years.
I think you just have to wait for them to roll it out to you.

bestbit
Netherlands

Post by bestbit »

Interesting..! Thanks for the info! I'll have to wait for the meantime then. I wonder what the conditions are to getting the chest l😬

Wendylajolla
United States of America

Post by Wendylajolla »

I have 3 iPhones. Today Night Owl showed up on one of them- but not the others.

JudieLC
United States of America

Post by JudieLC »

I think I've only ever gotten a night owl chest one time.

VincentViz1
Italy

Post by VincentViz1 »

Night Owl just shoed up for me as well. It happened the day after I reached Level 6 (50 lessons after 10pm) on the "Nocturnal" achievement, though I suppose that could be a coincidence.

Wendylajolla
United States of America

Post by Wendylajolla »

Now it is on all of my iPhones

Alibour
France

Post by Alibour »

I got Night owl chest for the first time this week and get it now every day (on my phone). Nothing to do with "nocturnal" as I do not exercice after 10 pm :-)

uralicnomad
Hungary

Post by uralicnomad »

It's so strange that people don't have the night owl chest, it was rolled out to me over a year ago (on android app)

I'd love to hear the duo logic for this.

JudieLC
United States of America

Post by JudieLC »

I always use the Early Bird Chest. Maybe they don't show you the Night Owl Chest if you use the Early Bird?

Stasia
Poland

Post by Stasia »

JudieLC wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:07 pm

I always use the Early Bird Chest. Maybe they don't show you the Night Owl Chest if you use the Early Bird?

I get both (on the July 2022 version of the Android app), so on the days when I have time to do some lessons both in the morning and in the evening, I get 30 minutes double XP daily (Night Owl to be used by noon/Early Bird to be used in the evening). :geek:

JudieLC
United States of America

Post by JudieLC »

Stasia wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:02 pm

I get both (on the July 2022 version of the Android app), so on the days when I have time to do some lessons both in the morning and in the evening, I get 30 minutes double XP daily (Night Owl to be used by noon/Early Bird to be used in the evening). :geek:

I should be so lucky. ;)

Alibour
France

Post by Alibour »

I don't hink so as I always had Early Bird, which I used , and I ended - 8 months later - having Night Owl Chest :roll:

JudieLC
United States of America

Post by JudieLC »

My Night Owl Chest appeared on my app while I was offline for the first days of Passover.

lrai
United States of America

Post by lrai »

Judie:

Happy Passover to you

lrai
what's your legacy
Image 🇨🇳 🇷🇺 Learning Yiddish, Chinese, Russian

JudieLC
United States of America