Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

New path impact on Duome

This is for Duome related issues only, about the Progress pages, about the Forum itself.
ATTENTION : For Duolingo issues, write to Duolingo support.

Klempner von Beruf
Israel

New path impact on Duome

Post by Klempner von Beruf »

I have a 1600 day streak and my overall motivator was gathering crowns and competing globally. Despite Duolingo claiming that the crowns will not be lost, I’ve dropped so far from 10720 crowns to 10711 while completing over a dozen circles.
Will Duome fix the way crowns are counted?

duome

Re: New path impact on Duome

Post by duome »

There are exactly 10711 crowns in the data received by Duome - can you tell me more about the missing ones? What language pair, what skills?

Klempner von Beruf
Israel

I have multiple languages. I can even send you a screenshot which shows me with 10715. Before that I had 10720. This is all since I was updated to the new path. I’m sure that if you check in a day or two, I will have even fewer crowns. I studied Latin from English, then English from Russian, then Spanish from English and now Swedish from Arabic. I can reply again once more crowns are docked.

Fnirk1
Sweden

Post by Fnirk1 »

I don't believe it has with the new path, which I don't yet have - but for me crowns also fluctuate up and down for no obvious reason.
I too learn several languages, but I don't see how that impact the crown count.
For example my course English from Russian, which I haven't have worked with for over a week, suddenly dropped from 603 to 592.
For now I'am about 30-40 crowns down from a couple of days ago, even though I usually earns at least around 10 crowns per day.
I have even checked that the number of crowns displayed on Duome is the same as the total on Duome, so I believe the problem is with Duolingo.

:sweden: N :gb: C1 :ru: B2 :fr: :es:B1 :de: :it: :netherlands: A1

SweNedGuy
Belgium

Post by SweNedGuy »

It is possible to see your 'old style' tree on https://www-internal.duolingo.com/learn
You see how your crowns are distributed over the skills for each language tree.
That information corresponds to what is imported in DuoMe.

Using the path affects how new crowns are assigned to the former skills. I have no idea about crowns lost during the transition, but I assume it is possible. The new units don't correspond to former skills. Trophies are lost, especially those on L1 to L3. DuoMe still marks the owls, since all skills have crowns assigned to them. Yet on the path some sections are still gray.

Speaking :netherlands: :fr: :uk: :es: Learning :de:(B2-) :it:(B1) Image :sweden: :portugal: Image (A)

Klempner von Beruf
Israel

The old tree. What a sight for sore eyes. Thank you!

sandygaletoo
United States of America

Post by sandygaletoo »

I am confused, I see my old path on Duome, but it does not appear to be updated. It looks like I have done nothing since receiving the new Path. I have changed my profile to Public, but there is no recent activity shown. Is this a problem with the way Duolingo tracks the new path? What happens if I do an activity through Duome? Is the activity recognized by Duolingo?

sandygaletoo
Native: :us:
Learning: :de: :fr:

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

sandygaletoo wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:10 pm

I am confused, I see my old path on Duome, but it does not appear to be updated. It looks like I have done nothing since receiving the new Path. I have changed my profile to Public, but there is no recent activity shown. Is this a problem with the way Duolingo tracks the new path? What happens if I do an activity through Duome? Is the activity recognized by Duolingo?

Old path, do you mean old tree? My tree on https://www-internal.duolingo.com/learn syncs with Duome's tree which links to the main Duolingo site. The path and the tree don't sync. It won't list anymore crowns earned.

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

sandygaletoo
United States of America

Post by sandygaletoo »

[Old path, do you mean old tree? My tree on https://www-internal.duolingo.com/learn syncs with Duome's tree which link to the new Duolingo tree. The path and the tree don't sync. It won't list anymore crowns earned.]
[/quote]

Oh, I did mean the tree. Thank you for your help and for confirming that the two do not synch.

The https://www-internal.duolingo.com/learn page looks exactly like my tree was the day before I was changed to the Path, no updates/changes. So, if I am understanding correctly, progress will synch (without crowns) if I use this page to do the exercises but will not synch if exercises are done from the Duolingo web page or app. Sorry to be so obtuse/OCD. My learning system just no longer makes sense to me ...

sandygaletoo

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

[mention]sandygaletoo[/mention] I think I'm a bit confused. I corrected my comment. The new path and the tree do not sync. However the main Duolingo site does sync to the tree if you know the links for the lessons you want to do on the tree. internal.duolingo.com doesn't have a sentence extension so that is why I use Duome's links which use the main Duolingo's lessons where you can do sentence discussions via Duome. Tree for example I hope I'm not too confusing.

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

sandygaletoo
United States of America

Post by sandygaletoo »

Corinnebelle wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:23 pm

@sandygaletoo I think I'm a bit confused. I corrected my comment. The new path and the tree do not sync. However the main Duolingo site does sync to the tree if you know the links for the lessons you want to do on the tree. internal.duolingo.com doesn't have a sentence extension so that is why I use Duome's links which use the main Duolingo's lessons where you can do sentence discussions via Duome. Tree for example I hope I'm not too confusing.

No worries Corinnebelle, I understand. Especially after seeing your example.

I think it is me. I am just discombobulated because I recently returned to the US and am in culture shock. Studying German had been my anchor, even though I have not been studying as much. I do study every day, but many other things are taking up my time during this time of adjustment. It seems that DL just threw fuel on the fire of my disjointed life.

sandygaletoo

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

[mention]sandygaletoo[/mention] I'm sorry! I hope you'll be able to get things together soon.

Explorer
Portugal

Post by Explorer »

Is internal.duolingo still active? I was completing my Latin tree in this "internal mode" but it seems that it doesn't work anymore. I already finished the legendary path, but I still had things to do with the old tree.

🇬🇧 🇪🇸 🇵🇹 🇫🇷 🇩🇪 | Learning: 🇯🇵 |

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

[mention]Explorer[/mention] Just checked out mine. The tree is there, but lessons don't load. Still got animations though! Just had to turn off motivations on the Duome tree. If lessons are taken away from our access via Duome, I will consider quitting Duolingo.

Darvince

Post by Darvince »

The links in the www-internal tree do not work for me right now. However, mistakes practices for those of us who have Plus right now seem to be broken for many people. They currently do not work for me, or for a friend, on either the internal view or the path view. So, I am hopeful that it might not be that the links in www-internal were broken intentionally.

EN Native | ES Intermediate | RU Less than A1 :lol:

EranBarLev
Israel

Post by EranBarLev »

Yesterday I tried to do a lesson from Duome, but it didn't work. It just redirected me to the Duolingo home page. However, the https://www-internal.duolingo.com/learn still worked for me yesterday.

🇮🇱N 🇬🇧C1 🇪🇸B2 🇵🇹B1 🇫🇷B1 🇸🇦A1 🇷🇺A1

SansEspoir
Norway

Post by SansEspoir »

the Internal/tree from duome isn't working for me today either.
Having to spend twice the amount of lingots/gems in order to turn the swedish tree legendary is annoying me. Maybe it's time to just quit Duolingo now. :x

DuoMe Profile Learning 🇮🇹/Image + 🇩🇪, with the most focus on 🇮🇹 for now.
Working on repairing the 🇳🇴 🇸🇪 🇩🇰 Legendaries after the 2023 updates, but not sure how to complete it all since I'm out of gems due to refusing to pay for the Snake :mrgreen: as long as a kind soul keeps me in their family plan Image

Darvince

Post by Darvince »

The mistakes practices are working for me again, which means I am now confident that they broke the links from www-internal on purpose.

EN Native | ES Intermediate | RU Less than A1 :lol:

Return to “Troubleshooting Duome”