Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

French Internet Slang Abbreviations and Acronyms

Moderators: MoniqueMaRie, dakanga

trackerwannabe
United States of America

French Internet Slang Abbreviations and Acronyms

Post by trackerwannabe »

I ran across a list of 21 French Internet Slang Abbreviations and Acronyms, which might be potentially useful.
I use only a handful of them in English, but they could be useful for understanding messages written by others.

Warning: There's crude language in that list. (It includes French equivalents of—for example—WTF, IDGF, BS, MILF, and FML.)

Anglo-American (English): Native // Français (French): Intermediate // Deutsch (German): Beginner

Destal
France

Re: French Internet Slang Abbreviations and Acronyms

Post by Destal »

"MBAB" is used in the French version of American Pie, but I've never seen or heard anyone use it IRL. We would rather use "MILF".

Saperlipopette!

Re: French Internet Slang Abbreviations and Acronyms

Post by Saperlipopette! »

Le langage SMS

Here's a list of thirty SMS phrases from Français avec Pierre & Hello Franch to go along with the other list. There's an overlap of a dozen words with the list from Vidalinga. I couldn't resist putting a link to some French chansons, where the title of the song was related to the SMS phrase.

![](

SMSFrançais
TKNe t’inquiète pas
JPPJ'en peux plus
ASKIPÀ ce qu’il paraît
CHUISJe suis
NIMPN'importe quoi
OKLMau calme
TMTCtoi même tu sais
JTMJe t'aime
BGbeau ou belle gosse
TOFphoto