Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

The most astounding fact

Explorer
Portugal

The most astounding fact

Post by Explorer »

I just wanted to share this with you

🇬🇧 🇪🇸 🇵🇹 🇫🇷 🇩🇪 | Learning: 🇯🇵 |

Davey944676
Great Britain

Re: The most astounding fact

Post by Davey944676 »

Even more astounding is that all that astoundingness is just what we understand right now...so far...

What new wonders will we understand tomorrow? Or next year? :)

🇬🇧 British Native....Learning Polish 🇵🇱, Russian 🇷🇺, Romanian 🇷🇴, Ukrainian 🇺🇦, French 🇫🇷, Welsh :wales:

Explorer
Portugal

Post by Explorer »

I first saw this video when I was in college. I felt overwhelmed by finals and thought I wasn't smart enough to pass with flying colours. It changed the way I see the world and the way I see myself.

Dana_Dany Danuta
Poland

Post by Dana_Dany Danuta »

Hi, [mention]Explorer[/mention], thank you for this interesting video! :)

The universe is in us ... That is literally the most beautiful piece of knowledge we can know at this time.

I really like looking at the sky at night and observing the stars. I know I'm part of one of them.
It's true that "I am part of the universe" ... and more importantly ... "The universe is within me"!

(in Polish)
To pobudza moją wyobraźnię i daje do myślenia! (▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿)

Native language: 🇵🇱 Duolingo levels

Be smart and write poems. :D

Explorer
Portugal

Post by Explorer »

Pale Blue Dot is a photograph of the Earth taken on February 14, 1990, by the Voyager 1 space probe from a distance of about 6 billion kilometers (3.7 billion miles). Our planet appears as a tiny dot among bands of sunlight.

Carl Sagan wrote:

From this distant vantage point, the Earth might not seem of any particular interest. But for us, it's different. Consider again that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there... on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.

John Little
Brazil

Post by John Little »

Explorer wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:05 pm

..... I felt overwhelmed by finals and thought I wasn't smart enough to pass with flying colours.....

Pah! The very thought!

:)

John661162

John Little
Brazil

Post by John Little »

Screenshot_20221130_154903.jpg
Screenshot_20221130_154903.jpg (20.28 KiB) Viewed 418 times

Earth rise over the moon seen from Artemis

John661162

Explorer
Portugal

Post by Explorer »

Every known language emerged, flourished, and will eventually perish on that tiny blue speck suspended in the vastness of space. Every word of hate, and every word of love... Everything that has ever been said, and everything that is yet to be said.

Jade.S.Exner
Albania

Post by Jade.S.Exner »

The power of words! 🙊🦜📢🎙️🎭☎️✒️📝💬🔊🎵🎶🔝🆙🆒

Return to “Random Thoughts”