Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

New version of Duolingo Norwegian

Moderator: SansEspoir

StageTech
United States of America

New version of Duolingo Norwegian

Post by StageTech »

A couple days ago I had a window pop up about "new and improved" Bokmål.
After having gone through a few lessons and reviews -- yuck!!
I wish I could go back and not have these "new changes". They are most likely aimed at the school groups using this as a language course -- particularly grade school and maybe middle school
How can ANYONE think that a list of five sentences and their translation adequately replaces all the written information and the vocabulary lists of the previous "Tips" that almost always was between 2 and 5 pages of information?

The new format does not make it easy to find a way to comment back to Duolingo -- does anyone have any suggestions how to give them feedback that they have made a really bad mistake?? If they want to keep this format for schools, ok -- but let us adults have the more extensive format previously available.

weerwater

Re: New version of Duolingo Norwegian

Post by weerwater »

StageTech wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 1:09 pm

A couple days ago I had a window pop up about "new and improved" Bokmål.
The new format does not make it easy to find a way to comment back to Duolingo -- does anyone have any suggestions how to give them feedback that they have made a really bad mistake?? If they want to keep this format for schools, ok -- but let us adults have the more extensive format previously available.

The most important part missing since last year's amputations, is the grammar discussion.
The recently introduced zigzag trail, does not change this as far as I can see.
Archived commenting that appears to be 'to the point' is still shown with a lot of the sentences of the course. But all of them have been, and have remained 'de-activated'.
The report function however, is still active. So you can use it. Just what exactly will follow after sending such a report, remains to be seen.

What I also noticed is the huge amount of extra sentences that have been added. I really hope Duome will prove to be the place to come to, for getting all that new stuff discussed. Good luck on the zigzag!

There's just one thing that is going to annoy me a lot, I'm sure. And that is that boohoo owl, remembering my mistakes from previous exercises. It appears these sentences now keep coming back, even when you already entered a different skill, and days later too ;-)

Nik Petroskoista
Russia

Post by Nik Petroskoista »

I completely agree with StageTech. The most annoying thing to me is that many new words, word combinations and sentences have appeared on control Legendary level that haven't been introduced previously in the course. To give the answers in these exercises it's necessary to look for the appropriate information in the Internet all the time. And this wasn't needed earlier, before this new interface was forcefully uploaded. The course that we studied previously had the good speed of giving new words and grammar, and it was broken suddenly and there's a great wish to get things back.

anamorphism

Post by anamorphism »

it's just because they haven't spent the time/money to create guidebook content for norwegian yet.

i wouldn't hold my breath that they ever will, but if you study a language that duolingo actually invest money into (english, spanish, french, german, japanese), then you can get an idea of what's actually supposed to be in those guidebook pages.

liv
Norway

Post by liv »

It may be that the languages that did not have an inhouse staff working on them and therefor never had tips on the app version just were left with these sentences. I study Russian on Duo and it is impossible to figure out what is going on just by reading these sentences. So finding tips somewhere here and working with grammar books generally is how I get around it

Return to “Norwegian (Bokmål)”