Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

LingoPie Spanish

Moderators: xillegas, Stasia

HikingHeather

LingoPie Spanish

Post by HikingHeather »

Has anyone used LingoPie Spanish and have any thoughts or recommendations on it or anything similar? It seems like it could be a promising tool to add but I'm not sure if it's worth the price. Is there a good variety of programming? Is this programming made specifically for LingoPie or do they use already existing shows and caption them for their tool?

🇪🇸

wayfarer

Re: LingoPie Spanish

Post by wayfarer »

I'd never heard of it so I just checked out the website. I can't actually find anything to tell me how much it costs, not without sigining up for a trail anyway, and I hate enforced registration before I'm sure.

The idea sounds good in theory - I find this kind of contextual learning useful, but I'm not sure I'd want to pay much for it because I don't know how much time I'd have to use it. If it were cheap enough I might give it a go - but I can't find pricing details.

HikingHeather

Re: LingoPie Spanish

Post by HikingHeather »

According to a review I saw posted in 2021, it was @12/month or $65/yr (single), $100/yr (family). May have changed a bit but I assume it's still somewhere around there. Which for me is pretty reasonable for a year IF the content is good.

Another one I've considered but not jumped into yet is LingQ for reading practice. I've tried the free version and could see the utility of it, just not sure I want to go all in yet.

🇪🇸

Return to “Resources”