Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

The World Atlas of Language Structures Topic is solved

Subforums: Achievements · Random Thoughts · Discussions
I'm learning... select your target language from this list

Moderator: Basler Biker

gmads
Mexico

The World Atlas of Language Structures

Post by gmads »

The World Atlas of Language Structures (WALS) is a large database of structural (phonological, grammatical, lexical) properties of languages gathered from descriptive materials (such as reference grammars) by a team of 55 authors.

This looks like a very interesting resource to learn about languages (e.g. Spanish, Russian), or to learn about the many elements that conform a language (e.g. Chapter Order of Subject, Object and Verb).

There is also an Interactive Reference Tool (WALS program). The interactive database will also contain additional information on languages (genealogical classification, alternative names) and on each language-feature pair (bibliographical reference, example sentence).

:hash:  ㆍenglish ㆍgeneral ㆍinteresting

Last edited by gmads on Wed May 10, 2023 4:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

🦎  Amazonia is now becoming a carbon source.  🦎
Elysium - Master of the rainforest

🇲🇽 :us:  ·  :it: 🇧🇷  ·  :ru: 🇦🇪

Corinnebelle

Re: The World Atlas of Language Structures

Post by Corinnebelle »

They have a lot of cool maps of the various properties of different languages.

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

Return to “I speak English”