Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Duolingo Blog: A guide to your shiny new Practice Hub - UPDATE Topic is solved

We are not Duolingo, we cannot solve any problems directly, but we can provide community-based advice.

fremanolas

Duolingo Blog: A guide to your shiny new Practice Hub - UPDATE

Post by fremanolas »

This new Duolingo Blog entry appeared in my feed reader. However, currently it's not visible on blog.duolingo.com. Maybe they unpublished it because it needed another review. Anyway I thought it's interesting and I'd publish it here:

:!: UPDATE :!: The updated version of the article finally got published and it contains a key change with regards to who can access the feature. :cry: Read my comment below and read the article on Duolingo Blog here. :!: UPDATE :!:
(What you see below :arrow_down: is the unpublished version of the article)

At Duolingo, we believe that practice does indeed make progress, and we’re always looking for creative ways to help learners review material and build on those skills as they progress along their learning journey! That’s why we’re so excited to launch the new and improved Practice Hub, a dedicated tab for reviewing previous material in a variety of engaging ways.

You can find the Practice Hub tab by clicking on the barbell image at the bottom of your home screen (on iOS only for now, but coming soon to Android!) At the top of the hub, you’ll notice two targeted review sessions that rotate daily, and below, a place to review Mistakes and Stories on-demand, whenever you want! You’ll earn different XP depending on your practice activity.

When we designed the Practice Hub, we wanted it to focus on relevant, recent material. All of the practice content is based on your recent personal activity in regular Duolingo lessons. We’ve also provided opportunities to focus just on speaking and listening, which are two skills that learners often tell us they want to improve. We’re so excited for learners to start exploring this dedicated practice space, but we know you might have a few more questions! Read on for everything you need to know about navigating your new Practice Hub:

How often does the Practice Hub refresh or add new material to review?
Every day, the two practice modules at the top of your Practice Hub will refresh and offer new, targeted practice sessions.

On any given day, you might see:
🎯 Target Practice, where you’ll focus on reviewing a specific topic, like Travel
🗣 Perfect Pronunciation, featuring 10 speaking exercises
👂 Listen-Up, featuring 10 listening exercises
⏮ Unit Rewind, highlighting a set of exercises from a recent unit

There will also be a section for your collections – a library of personalized content for practicing on-demand at any time. This includes mistakes review and re-reading Stories.

Is the Practice Hub the only way to review material on Duolingo?
Not at all! Practice is actually built into your new learning path—we use spaced repetition to ensure that you’re reviewing concepts regularly by placing specific practice levels along the path. You can also redo a previous gilded lesson or Story on the path directly. But if you want Duolingo to simply tell you what to review, Practice Hub is a great tool for doing so.

Can the Practice Hub help you advance towards Monthly Quest goals?
Yes! Lessons in the Practice Hub are, well, lessons. A Listen Up module will help you complete a Daily Quest around listening practice, XP earned will help you hit your daily XP goal, and so on, depending on what Daily Quests you have on your plate!

Can I review Stories in the Practice Hub?
Yes! Stories can be reviewed on the path directly, or you can access your full Stories library by going to the Collections section of the Practice Hub.

What’s next for the Practice Hub?
We’re working hard to bring Practice Hub to Android and Web learners. We’ll also be working on a few new practice modes—keep an eye out for them next year!

Last edited by fremanolas on Sat Oct 15, 2022 10:27 am, edited 8 times in total.

EN :de: :netherlands: :sweden: :es: :fr: :norway: :taiwan:

buho

Re: Duolingo Blog: A guide to your shiny new Practice Hub

Post by buho »

did you guys get new layout yet? I'm still on old one and am quite happy with it.

seeing this blog saying that this stuff will only be available in 2023, I guess I have more time with old layout.

fremanolas

Post by fremanolas »

buho wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:04 pm

seeing this blog saying that this stuff will only be available in 2023, I guess I have more time with old layout.

According to the blog the new practice hub should be available earlier on all platforms, only those new practice modes will come out next year.

Practice hub would give the opportunity to access all the stories even on the new paths, this would definitely be an improvement for those who missed easy access to the stories.

BethHall20
United States of America

Post by BethHall20 »

I have somewhat recently acquired access to the new practice hub. I don't have that Bookmark collection, so maybe that is something rolling out later.

What they don't tell you in the article/blog referenced above is that most of that practice hub seems to be for Super users only. Around the time I reached my 365 day streak, I had a temporary Super user trial. After the Super trial ended, the only part of the practice hub that seems to work for me is the stories. It lets you repeat a specific story each day for 20XP, but the stories list doesn't show the XP like the website does. And the list of stories is only those you have encountered already in the learning path, which in my case is MANY levels (approximately 20) below where I am on the web version. Which for me is a problem because I like to end the day with XP in multiples of 10, so I often pick a story to get me there. I really hope the rollout of the new learning path to the web version in November doesn't remove direct access to the stories page. It's bad enough the new path only teaches you 3 crown levels.

Although most of the practice hub seems to be Super-user only, I found you can still do general practice for hearts by clicking on the heart icon at the top right of the home screen.

Relearning 🇪🇸

fremanolas

Post by fremanolas »

BethHall20 wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 7:06 am

What they don't tell you in the article/blog referenced above is that most of that practice hub seems to be for Super users only.

You're right. That's why the above version I only saw in my feed reader never got published.

I just had another look, and :!: two days ago they've finally published an updated version of the article ! :!: :o

It now states:

:cry:

Here you can read the newly published article on Duolingo Blog! :ugeek:

Return to “Duolingo”