Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

How to see current day's xp in Android app?

We are not Duolingo, we cannot solve any problems directly, but we can provide community-based advice.

bach
Germany

How to see current day's xp in Android app?

Post by bach »

Once I've exceeded my daily goal, the only way I can find to see my current day's XP is to go to the league tab, and click on my name. That shows a graph but not the number.

Is there any better way to see it?

Saperlipopette!

Re: How to see current day's xp in Android app?

Post by Saperlipopette! »

The cup icon on the app shows you whether you met your daily goal. I prefer using the web for that info, either:

• Duome

• Replace Duolingo with your user id
    • hit the raw tab
  • Duolingo on the web in desktop view. A beautiful chart of XP progress for the week, including the XP vs your daily goal

FurbyZeKat
Switzerland

Post by FurbyZeKat »

I would prefer to have the number of lessons done.

XP became irrelevant.

N French C1 English B2 German B1 Esperanto L Turkish

bach
Germany

Post by bach »

I'd prefer a lesson count too, now that you mention it

LICA98
Finland

Post by LICA98 »

doesn't it show up if you click on the streak number?

John238922
Australia

Post by John238922 »

Not on the Android app.

LICA98
Finland

Post by LICA98 »

John238922 wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 9:44 am

Not on the Android app.

so what is this then?
![image](https://user-images.githubusercontent.c ... 94c390.png)

FurbyZeKat
Switzerland

Post by FurbyZeKat »

LICA98 wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 6:28 pm

so what is this then?

It looks what I had sometimes ago, but my current Android version does not show that anymore. And also it shows a useless gem counter instead of crowns.

LICA98
Finland

Post by LICA98 »

FurbyZeKat wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 8:57 pm
LICA98 wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 6:28 pm

so what is this then?

It looks what I had sometimes ago, but my current Android version does not show that anymore. And also it shows a useless gem counter instead of crowns.

what does the current version look like then?

FurbyZeKat
Switzerland

Post by FurbyZeKat »

LICA98 wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:44 am

For me, as a super user, with the black mode I have on the top bar :

• language flag
  • gem counter: on tap it displays the "market"
  • streak counter: on tap it displays 1) my current streak, my 1000 days next milestone, my streak freeze. In the middle of the screen there is a calendar and finally my current streak challenge.
  • heart with unlimited sign.

On the bottom bar I have :

• home
  • profile. The stats show streak, total XP, total crowns and max words learned. All of these are absolutely useless when you learn multiple languages.
  • heart to practice mistakes
  • chest that shows daily quests. One of my quest is "earn 50 XP" and I have 50/50 (I have in fact 56 XP today).

The only place where I can see how much XP I get per day is to open the web application on a PC, or display it in computer mode on the smartphone, where the daily XP gains for the week are shown.

I must add that it is pretty stable for a while now, some months ago it used to change a bit every day.

Saperlipopette!

Post by Saperlipopette! »

The first Quest should at least be your daily goal. If it's not, I'd fill out a bug report.
![](

The monthly XP progress gives out a month to date total, but you can't see well what you've earned for the day.
![](

The streak screen doesn't have much useful information for us. I think its one use is going back in time to see if you used streak freezes.
![](

The web has the info. Even if you're on a phone, you can still go into Google & bring this up.
![](

Duome also has daily XP totals.

bach
Germany

Post by bach »

The first Quest should at least be your daily goal. If it's not, I'd fill out a bug report.

My daily goal is 50, but the "daily quest" number changes every day, to anywhere from 10 to 50.

That prompted me to change my daily goal back to 50, only to find that it's still 50.

Alexia
India

Post by Alexia »

Hello guys

Navigate to the profile or progress area of the Android app to view your current day's XP. Look for a daily overview or a breakdown of your XP. If it is not displayed, investigate the settings or contact support for assistance. Consider adding a remark along the lines of: "Enjoying the app, but finding it difficult to track daily XP."top followA section dedicated to daily progress would be beneficial for individuals like myself! :D 8-)

Deleted User 10504

Post by Deleted User 10504 »

LUCA98 asked

This is what I see on Android:

As others have commented, there is no additional information - just your streak.
And this is what I see in a Windows 10 desktop browser:

The only way I can determine my daily progress -- whether in crowns, lessons, lexemes, words, or (Heaven forbid!) gems/ points is via duome -- one reason I am grateful for this site. Thank you, Maxime, for helping where Duolingo is remiss.

Native :us: / Proficient :de: / Passable :fr: / Gold Tree but Horrid :it: / Worked Hard But Stuck :ru: / Dabbler :greece: :kr: / Bucket List :es: / Wish List :iceland:

SweNedGuy
Belgium

Post by SweNedGuy »

On DuoMe you see your XP graph versus one random peer with roughly the same total (in light gray) over four weeks.

In order to see the number of lessons, you need to check the raw data (2 weeks) and count lessons. Lessons are less obvious than they used to be, since only the lessons counting for an old-school skill are explicitly marked as such (with a little language flag). All other lessons now have a cryptic label such as 'personalized practice' / 'Unit review' or 'Practice / Story'. Some of those contribute to the path while others don't.

The Duolingo weekly statistics e-mail shows the XP total, the number of lessons, the number of active days and the time spent per week. There used to be a 'new words' count, but it has been abandoned. Instead your weekly XP total and number of lessons are benchmarked against all users.

On the Duolingo website, I rarely see my XP graph: nor by checking my name on the leaderboard, not even when checking my profile.
The only way seems to be checking any league participant where my XP graph is given as a benchmark. It is well visible in dark mode (reverse video) and hardly visible in normal light mode.

Speaking :netherlands: :fr: :uk: :es: Learning :de:(B2-) :it:(B1) Image :sweden: :portugal: Image (A)

Return to “Duolingo”