Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Rachels's English on YouTube

ElmerRamone
United States of America

Rachels's English on YouTube

Post by ElmerRamone »

I didn't know where to post this, so here it is. I don't like to rain on anyone's parade, but I think a word of caution might be helpful for any English learners about this YT channel. The host gives advice about English pronunciation, but it's often wrong. I think she listens to random people give Ted talks or other speeches and then takes their pronunciation as gospel. I've seen some of the examples she shows and they're not shining examples of the English language. U.S. English is variable and what you're going to hear depends on what part of the country you're in. Maine doesn't sound like Alabama, etc. I think telling people to mispronounce things by dropping certain sounds is unhelpful. People get sloppy. Learn how to speak correctly before you get sloppy too. I think saying things accurately will help people from everywhere understand you better. It's better to over- pronounce than under-pronounce, especially at first.

Return to “Discussions”