Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

questions, quesitons

Will709432

questions, quesitons

Post by Will709432 »

Probably get banned for asking so many questions but so far this is the best place for me to get the answers I need. Everywhere else just seems to confuse me further.
Anyway hope this doesn't p-off the mods too much.

Which is more natural?

Det var knappt jag kunde tro det
or
Jag kunde knappt tro det

I saw it written the first way in a book and am wondering why. Once again some subtlety about the use of det var I seem to be missing.

Crahdol
Japan

Re: questions, quesitons

Post by Crahdol »

They're both equally natural to me.

Det var... might be more common in literature, but it would by no means sound strange or unnatural. Maybe a hint of story-telling.

Compare to Det var en gång... , which is the Swedish equivalent to "Once upon a time..."

Vänliga hälsningar/Best Regards/よろしくお願いします
Crahdol
| 🇸🇪: Native | 🇬🇧: Fluent | 🇯🇵: N5 |

Will709432

Re: questions, quesitons

Post by Will709432 »

Thanks again. Indebted.

I tried posting on Reddit /Svenska quite a few times but my posts never appear on there. Even my messages asking why are ignored. :? It seems you have to be a friend of the moderators or something to receive preferential treatment on that site in order to be seen. Maybe they want coin :lol:

*** appears it has something to do with their karma system.

Return to “Frågor och svar”