Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

can someone explain some things on the new path?

We are not Duolingo, we cannot solve any problems directly, but we can provide community-based advice.

ElmerRamone
United States of America

can someone explain some things on the new path?

Post by ElmerRamone »

I've realized that the free version of the new path is a bit different than the paid version. Does anybody out there know what exactly is going on? I looked on youtube for answers but just got more confused. Apparently, paying users can click on the cartoon characters for extra skill tests. And what are the clunky things in the path that look like ATM's? I've tried to click on them but nothing happens. What are they for? Are there other differences as well? Thanks.

John Little
Brazil

Re: can someone explain some things on the new path?

Post by John Little »

Do you mean these chest things?

[attachment=0]Screenshot_20220916-052321.jpg[/attachmentDo you mean these?

Attachments
Screenshot_20220916-052321.jpg
Screenshot_20220916-052321.jpg (190.59 KiB) Viewed 1896 times

John661162

luciennet
France

Post by luciennet »

Don’t have to be a paying customer. I am free & a beta user - and that is probably what you are seeing is features that are being tested and in different stages of roll out (if they are deemed valuable).

For me the characters have three empty stars under them; when you get far enough along the path the characters go from grey to colours and can be selected. It opens up a mini game of match madness or rapid review (costs 50 gems to play) and presumably can only do it 3 times on each character to fill in the stars as completed.

Personally I never do these activities. They are not part of the required path.

Along the path are also chests that give some gems when you get to them.

ElmerRamone
United States of America

Post by ElmerRamone »

Maybe it's app vs web? I'm a web user and don't deal in gems. My characters don't have any stars beneath them. And I've never seen these daily challenges that you've posted.

Return to “Duolingo”