Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Chinese course word list too small?

Moderator: PtolemysXX

DavidWheel01

Chinese course word list too small?

Post by DavidWheel01 »

Some users have learned over 2000 words with the Chinese course but thousands of us are stuck at 1932 lexemes. Though I achieved the Golden Owl, my actual word list is stuck at 1022 words. Is there a tip or hack for this?
David

Explorer
Portugal

Re: Chinese course word list too small?

Post by Explorer »

[mention]DavidWheel01[/mention]

I guess the divergence is due to previous updates of the course. Some units are added and others removed over time. For those who started the course a long time ago the number of words may be higher. Somehow the old record is kept for them.

It may also be because there are two different active versions of the course at the same time. One group of users has "version A" and another group has "version B". Before introducing any important update, Duolingo usually runs such tests with certain groups of users randomly.

🇬🇧 🇪🇸 🇵🇹 🇫🇷 🇩🇪 | Learning: 🇯🇵 |

DavidWheel01

Post by DavidWheel01 »

Thank you for that response as it explains some of the discrepancies.

Why then is there a Badge for 2000 words in a single language just hanging there like a carrot on a stick that the newer users can’t achieve? Perhaps a Unit 58 could be added to include additional useful words.
David

Explorer
Portugal

Post by Explorer »

DavidWheel01 wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:11 pm

Why then is there a Badge for 2000 words in a single language just hanging there like a carrot on a stick that the newer users can’t achieve? Perhaps a Unit 58 could be added to include additional useful words.

Duolingo doesn't take that into account when designing a course. In fact, many courses don't have so many words. But I wouldn't worry too much about that anyway. Chinese is quite a popular language, so it's almost certain that the content will be expanded sometime in the future.

🇬🇧 🇪🇸 🇵🇹 🇫🇷 🇩🇪 | Learning: 🇯🇵 |

Return to “Chinese (Mandarin)”