Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Duo latin has changed

Moderator: Explorer

Forum rules

About the Latin Forum

Runner bean
Great Britain

Duo latin has changed

Post by Runner bean »

There is a new format on Duo sessions, unfortunately I no longer have the chance to revisit my old lessons, which was a useful way of keeping my Latin topped up. The "cracked" medals were a good way to revisit.
Now I only have the legendary buttons available which is expensive in terms of points. Once completed I will be locked out of those too.
Is there any way around this? What is happening to the Latin course, will it be extended in the future? It seems to have stopped dead.

GrahamW
Canada

Re: Duo latin has changed

Post by GrahamW »

[mention]Runner bean[/mention] I think you must have been moved from the good old Duo tree structure to the new path structure. I was unaware of this impending doom, sorry "change", until recently. From what I've read about it, I share your concerns. I was very happy with the Duo tree structure, which I thought distinguished it from other language learning apps.
Anyway, there was a new Latin course structure noted here:
viewtopic.php?p=24890-latin-from-englis ... its#p24890
I asked what it was, but my question went unanswered. I'm now sure that that post gave the structure of the new path structure for Latin. Is that what you have?
If so, what does the corresponding Duome progress page look like? What data is shown in the Duome Raw data?
BTW, this post is probably more appropriate for the Latin forum, so I expect that a mod will move it there at some point.

🇨🇦 > :it: :fr: :es: Image :de: Image 🇬🇷 :brazil: 🇨🇳

Explorer
Portugal

Post by Explorer »

[mention]Runner bean[/mention] It's not just the Latin course. Duolingo has changed all the courses to suit them to the new "One Path" layout.

Regarding the possibility of adding new content I think it's very unlikely. At least not in the foreseeable future. Unfortunately this course has been neglected for a long time.

🇬🇧 🇪🇸 🇵🇹 🇫🇷 🇩🇪 | Learning: 🇯🇵 |

NicolasOresme
United States of America

Post by NicolasOresme »

I just recently had the misfortune to be switched over to the new Latin duolingo course.

Am I simply missing the place to click, or does it no longer have the vocabulary or grammar study notes in the guidebook? All that seems to be present are a handful of key phrases.

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

[mention]NicolasOresme[/mention] The course notes can still be found on Doume. There should be unit notes now instead of for individual skills. I understand they may still be in the process of putting them in place.

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

Stasia
Poland

Post by Stasia »

Also, the old tree with tips is still available at: https://www-internal.duolingo.com/learn

Native: :poland:; Fluent: :es:, :us:; Getting there: Image; Intermediate: :fr:; Beginner: :ukraine:

NicolasOresme
United States of America

Post by NicolasOresme »

Thanks, guys! Very helpful.

Return to “Latin”