Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

¡De nada! (en → es)

Moderators: Stasia, xillegas

sentence bot 🤖

¡De nada! (en → es)

Post by sentence bot 🤖 »

¡De nada!

en: You are welcome!

Duolingo forum topic: https://forum.duolingo.com/comment/447598

gmads
Mexico

Re: ¡De nada! (en → es)

Post by gmads »

Esta entrada está de más... original.

🦎  Imagination is the only weapon in the war with reality.  🦎
Antinomy - Imagination

🇲🇽 :us:  ·  :it: 🇧🇷  ·  :ru: 🇦🇪

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

[mention]gmads[/mention] Please note this is a Duolingo duplicate, not the fault of Duome to link to the separate sentence discussions.

https://forum.duolingo.com/comment/447598

https://forum.duolingo.com/comment/413219

This appears to be the case with the rest of the sentences that are doubles. It is a good idea to link them together, because then people can view the information from the sentence discussions from Duolingo on both sentences.

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

gmads
Mexico

Post by gmads »

Corinnebelle wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:54 pm

@gmads Please note this is a Duolingo duplicate [...]

https://forum.duolingo.com/comment/447598

https://forum.duolingo.com/comment/413219

No, it is not a Duolingo duplicate, as you may confirm by yourself by just looking at the referred links:

1. "You are welcome!" → Translation:¡De nada! (comment/447598)

2. "¡De nada!" → Translation:You're welcome! (comment/413219)

The first one is eng → spa, while the second one is spa → eng.

[...] not the fault of Duome to link to the separate sentence discussions.

I haven't blamed Duome, nor Duolingo, I'm just indicating that the entries in Duome are duplicate. To me the problem is on the extension, not on Duome, therefore, the extension would need to be checked.

Regarding the series of threads that I have mentioned are duplicate, well, the forum monitor just needs to correct the titles, that's it.

It is a good idea to link them together, because then people can view the information from the sentence discussions from Duolingo on both sentences.

No, it is never a good idea to have duplicate titles. They should be different. They should agree with the title of the referred Duolingo entry.

Antinomy - Imagination

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

[mention]gmads[/mention] Okay, so there are two separate sentences on Duolingo with the same meaning, both in the English-Spanish course, one from Spanish to English and the other from the English to Spanish. I know half the information on the these sentences ends up on language of a sentence and another on the other. I am not sure how [mention]luo-ning[/mention] configured his extension to work.

Possibly a better description of the problem would be helpful in identifying the problem in a report.

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

gmads
Mexico

Post by gmads »

Corinnebelle wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 8:50 pm

I am not sure how @luo-ning configured his extension to work.

Possibly a better description of the problem would be helpful in identifying the problem in a report.

Me neither :D However, I don't think there isn't much else to add or describe, as the issue is quite straight-forward:

1. There are two Duolingo entries, one for the English sentence, "You are welcome!" (entry 447598) and another to the Spanish sentence, "¡De nada!" (entry 413219).

2. Just as it has been doing it for the all the Duolingo sentences, the extension should create a Duome forum thread with the correct title and correct translation, just as it appears in Duolingo. However, in this, and a few other cases I also have found (1, 2, 3), the extension creates two different threads but with the same title and translation:

1)
viewtopic.php?t=6584-de-nada-en-es
¡De nada! (en → es) << this should be es → en
Post by sentence bot » 22.08.27, Sat, 04:08:53
¡De nada!
en: You're welcome!
Duolingo forum topic: https://forum.duolingo.com/comment/413219

2)
viewtopic.php?p=33706-de-nada-en-es
¡De nada! (en → es) << this should be You're welcome!
Post by sentence bot » 22.08.27, Sat, 04:08:23
¡De nada! << this should be You are welcome!
en: You are welcome! << this should be es: ¡De nada!
Duolingo forum topic: https://forum.duolingo.com/comment/447598

I think Duolingo must have recently changed something in its inner format that is affecting the extension.

Apart from the problem being discussed here, I have also found entries without the Duolingo referring URL and without the translation: 1, 2, 3 :!:

:hash:  ㆍenglish ㆍgeneral ㆍdebate ㆍduome

Last edited by gmads on Wed May 10, 2023 4:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

Antinomy - Imagination

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

Apart from the problem being discussed here, I have also found entries without the Duolingo referring URL and without the translation: 1, 2, 3 :!:

I understand the Duome extension was setup to also cover sentences that don't have sentence discussions on Duolingo. This might be the case here. If you can take screenshots of the same sentence in Duolingo, the sentence discussion in Duolingo and the sentence discussion in Duome that is missing the link to the Duolingo sentence discussion, it would be helpful to show there is a problem. Also there is a bug report feature that can be used with extension which might shed more light for [mention]luo-ning[/mention] on the subject.

gmads
Mexico

Post by gmads »

Corinnebelle wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 6:38 pm

I understand the Duome extension was setup to also cover sentences that don't have sentence discussions on Duolingo. This might be the case here. If you can take screenshots of the same sentence in Duolingo, the sentence discussion in Duolingo and the sentence discussion in Duome that is missing the link to the Duolingo sentence discussion, it would be helpful to show there is a problem.

I Didn't know that. Looking for them in Duolingo seems like a guessing game.

Antinomy - Imagination

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

@gmads Of course, like hunting for a needle in haystack! :ugeek: But if you happen to create one of these sentence discussion on Duome using the extension and you notice an error, than feel welcome to document the problem if you wish.

EranBarLev
Israel

Post by EranBarLev »

🇮🇱N 🇬🇧C1 🇪🇸B2 🇵🇹B1 🇫🇷B1 🇸🇦A1 🇷🇺A1

Return to “Sentence discussions”