Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

300 day streak!

Corinnebelle

300 day streak!

Post by Corinnebelle »

300 days :!: Yay! :o

300 days.jpg
300 days.jpg (18.41 KiB) Viewed 749 times

I am nearly finished my course! :D Hopefully before the new path hits me! 8-)

:idea: Hope your streaks continue and grow long! All the best with your streaks! :idea:

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

MoniqueMaRie
Germany

Re: 300 day streak!

Post by MoniqueMaRie »

Hi [mention]Corinnebelle[/mention]

Congrats!

Obviously you don't "work" on weekends. 300 days therefore correspond to approximately one year.

Native :de: / using :uk: / learning :fr: :cn: :it: / once learnt Image / trying to understand at least a bit :poland:

Deleted User 1929

Post by Deleted User 1929 »

Congratulations [mention]Corinnebelle[/mention]! 🥳
Keep up the good work!

Explorer
Portugal

Post by Explorer »

Parabéns [mention]Corinnebelle[/mention]!

How would you rate your course in Duolingo? Would you recommend it to someone who wants to start learning Hebrew from scratch?

🇬🇧 🇪🇸 🇵🇹 🇫🇷 🇩🇪 | Learning: 🇯🇵 |

Deleted User 114

Post by Deleted User 114 »

Bravo! 🎉

Congrats on getting close to finishing your course also!

..Renad
Oman

Post by ..Renad »

Congrats! [mention]Corinnebelle[/mention]

This is an amazing achievement . . ✨

وترى ظُروفَ الأمسِ صارت بلسَمًا
وهي التي أَعيَتْك حينَ تعسّرتْ

رِنــاد

Dana_Dany Danuta
Poland

Post by Dana_Dany Danuta »

Hi, [mention]Corinnebelle[/mention]!

Good job! :D

⭐ Congratulations on your great achievement, keep it up!!! ⭐

Here's to wishing you another 300 days. :)

Native language: 🇵🇱 Duolingo levels

Be smart and write poems. :D

Meli578588
Italy

Post by Meli578588 »

What a streak !

Wow, Congratulations 🎈🎉@Corinnebelle
On your 300 days of learning ! 🙂🙂

Last edited by Meli578588 on Mon Oct 02, 2023 12:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Dovili22
United States of America

Post by Dovili22 »

Wow! Congrats!!!!!
Amazing performance!

D o r a

Drymice

Post by Drymice »

Congrats

I'm as dry as a mouse and don’t use this anymore.

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

Thank you every one!

Dana_Dany Danuta wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:11 pm

Here's to wishing you another 300 days. :)

Thanks!

Meli578588 wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:50 pm

Wow, Congratulations 🎈🎉[mention]Corinnebelle[/mention]
On your 300 days of learning ! 🙂🙂

🎈

Thank you Meli!

Jacko079 wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:31 am

Bravo! 🎉

Congrats on getting close to finishing your course also!

Thank you!

Explorer wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:53 pm

Parabéns [mention]Corinnebelle[/mention]!

How would you rate your course in Duolingo? Would you recommend it to someone who wants to start learning Hebrew from scratch?

Good question! The thing is I started the course before they added the characters so I couldn't say. I definitely think it is geared a lot more to beginners than it was before. It's not beginner friendly as the Yiddish course. They have lessons on the characters as well as the character course. [For more about characters see here I know I'm pretty confusing, but [mention]EranBarLev[/mention] has some good tips about the characters.]

I struggled a lot for the first months. It was hard! But Hebrew is a hard language to learn and as a my first foreign language I tried, it was going in the deep end. I knew a few words in Hebrew already which helped. I just did the lessons until I knew them. This was back in the time of strengthen.

The Hebrew course has a disadvantage that the major languages don't have. It is not TTS so individual words don't have audio. You get a sentence and it is fast for a beginner. But then you don't have to worry about cartoons and all those "weird" voices! They are native speakers who did the recordings. You can get the audio through Memrise Duolingo words or Anki. Most sentences have transliterations in the discussion.

It starts out simple and builds on that. There is 446 lessons in the course and you will get a good dosing of grammar. It's a first tree and has some mistakes. [See here ] Not all alternative answers are accepted. Skills aren't 4 lessons long. One is 11. The first lot of verbs will be overload. But it is thorough, I think, in teaching you all the different verb tenses. It is not a course I have zoomed through. I tried to push myself and got overwhelmed. Took a break. One person said this is a university level course. I'm not sure about that, but you do learn words about a lot of things. Needless to say there are not a lot of pictures and you won't get all those new exercises in the other languages.

There aren't a lot of free Hebrew courses so I definitely think one should give it a go with Duolingo. If it gets too hard for you come back later...

Are you interested in Hebrew?

lama.03 wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:31 pm

Congratulations [mention]Corinnebelle[/mention]! 🥳
Keep up the good work!

I will!

MoniqueMaRie wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:53 pm

Hi [mention]Corinnebelle[/mention]

Congrats!

Obviously you don't "work" on weekends. 300 days therefore correspond to approximately one year.

You are correct! Yes, taking time off is crucial to me being able to do my lessons! :)

Thanks!

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

Explorer
Portugal

Post by Explorer »

Corinnebelle wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:27 am

I am. I'm interested in many languages, and Hebrew is certainly one of them. The problem is that a human life is not enough to learn everything I would like to learn. Knowing that I am going to die in ignorance of so many things grips my heart and consumes my head day and night.

🇬🇧 🇪🇸 🇵🇹 🇫🇷 🇩🇪 | Learning: 🇯🇵 |

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

Explorer wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:28 pm
Corinnebelle wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:27 am

I am. I'm interested in many languages, and Hebrew is certainly one of them. The problem is that a human life is not enough to learn everything I would like to learn. Knowing that I am going to die in ignorance of so many things grips my heart and consumes my head day and night.

Don't let it consume you too much, or you'll lose the time you have thinking about the time you have!

I will be doing a review of the Hebrew course and my experience when I finish the Hebrew course on the Hebrew forum. So if you are interested in more stay tuned.

ElmerRamone
United States of America

Post by ElmerRamone »

Wow, that sounds like a pretty difficult course. Very nicely done! Keep it up!

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

ElmerRamone wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:16 am

Wow, that sounds like a pretty difficult course. Very nicely done! Keep it up!

Thank you very much!

Return to “Achievements”