Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

365 day streak, maxed eight of ten achievements... and goodbye.

dstepl
United States of America

365 day streak, maxed eight of ten achievements... and goodbye.

Post by dstepl »

I just completed my 365-day streak, doing a different language every week or two; honestly I think switching often helped me stick with it, even though one week doesn't seem like long enough to really get the feel of a language or course.

That being said, with the new and already widely-hated redesign right around the corner, I don't think I'm sticking around any longer. I have gold in all the achievements* except Legendary (I hate competitive play in general) and Photogenic (never felt the need for a profile pic tbh) and I honestly don't feel motivated to continue, even though I have enjoyed some of the courses- Finnish and Indonesian were hidden gems.

I'm switching over to LingoDeer and won't be looking back.

*I'm surprised completing a tree- in this case Finnish and Navajo- isn't an achievement. Mind you, I would have only reached the first level of such an achievement. And anyway, I had already maxed most of the achievements before starting my one-language-a-week project.

IceVajal
Germany

Re: 365 day streak, maxed eight of ten achievements... and goodbye.

Post by IceVajal »

[mention]dstepl[/mention], congrats to your streak! I understand you move on to Lingodeer, but why not stick around here? This forum is for language lovers and not just for Duolingo-ists!

N :de: - B2 :us: - Beginner :ru: (Busuu: B1) - :netherlands:

MoniqueMaRie
Germany

Post by MoniqueMaRie »

Maybe you can give us some information once you have gained enough experience with LingoDeer. Maybe others will also be looking for a new app in the next few months

Native :de: / using :uk: / learning :fr: :cn: :it: / once learnt Image / trying to understand at least a bit :poland:

ElmerRamone
United States of America

Post by ElmerRamone »

"That being said, with the new and already widely-hated redesign right around the corner,"

What is this referring to?

01tmJ8kb

Post by 01tmJ8kb »

ElmerRamone wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:21 am

"That being said, with the new and already widely-hated redesign right around the corner,"

What is this referring to?

Read this thread:
viewtopic.php?t=2948-big-changes-coming ... n-near-you
So far I personally haven't been affected, but I imagine my days with Duolingo are numbered. :(

:gb: N :de: A1 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 A1 :fr: A1

John Little
Brazil

Post by John Little »

Having followed the link and read the blurb I can see it sounds interesting. But if you are part way through and used to the system, it could be annoying.

John661162

Return to “Achievements”