Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

August challenge

We are not Duolingo, we cannot solve any problems directly, but we can provide community-based advice.

Sukisue
Spain

August challenge

Post by Sukisue »

I don’t understand the August challenge. The challenge is to complete twenty quests but a quest isn’t defined.
Any ideas?

Deleted User 114

Re: August challenge

Post by Deleted User 114 »

What quests do you have to complete to get the August badge? I’m guessing the friend quest, and the daily quests.

I finished my friends quest with a friend before today, so that it isn’t counted so far.

Sukisue
Spain

Post by Sukisue »

I’ve completed 3 of the August quests like you; those were my three daily tasks and I’ve already completed the friends quest.
I’m confused because I’ve got about 8 friends who’ve already completed the August challenge. I don’t see how they have completed 20 quests.

MoniqueMaRie
Germany

Post by MoniqueMaRie »

Normally, the monthly challenge is fulfilled when you have reached 1000XP.
Many of my friends also achieve this on the first day of the month. However, I have not yet had any notification of their success today.

Native :de: / using :uk: / learning :fr: :cn: :it: / once learnt Image / trying to understand at least a bit :poland:

Sukisue
Spain

Post by Sukisue »

They seem to have changed the challenge for this month. I’ve got more than 1,000xp today and still have only got 3 of the 20 quests, achieved through reaching my daily quests.
It doesn’t seem to be related to XP this month.

duome

Post by duome »

I have the usual 1000XP challenge for August.

Sukisue
Spain

Post by Sukisue »

Oh so that would explain why my friends have achieved the August challenge. Looks like I’m part of a test; I can’t achieve mine for several days as I can only do 3 quests a day. Thanks for your replies!

Drymice

Post by Drymice »

My father has that challenge, but I always just have the 'earn 1000 xp.'

I'm as dry as a mouse and don’t use this anymore.

DirtyHarri3
United States of America

Post by DirtyHarri3 »

I noticed today that the xp has been reduced for hard practice, it's a lot harder to get the 1000xp now so soon in the month

CeltWhiteWillow
Canada

Post by CeltWhiteWillow »

I had the usual 1,000 pts required, which I always complete by the first or second of the month. I updated Duolingo in the App Store yesterday and now I have this new challenge with quests and I have lost my August badge. So now I have less than two weeks to complete these challenges. Very disappointing that updating the app resulted in my badge disappearing.

John Little
Brazil

Post by John Little »

DirtyHarri3 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:48 am

I noticed today that the xp has been reduced for hard practice, it's a lot harder to get the 1000xp now so soon in the month

I've noticed that the XP award keeps changing. I googled and got the impression they do it they think you are cheating by doing easy lessons for high xps.

I got fed up and set my profile to private. Much better for actual learning

John661162

LaDonna1010
United States of America

Re: October challenge

Post by LaDonna1010 »

I know someone has probably asked and answered my question already…however, I can’t find it no matter how I have searched for it.

I have titled my question with “October Challenge”, but it could be titled with ANY of the months available and my question would likely be answered. Ok, so it is now October 2, 2022…a new month, therefore a new monthly challenge. I am currently working along in Chinese mostly. I remember when the monthly challenges first began. My mobile app on my iPhone was lagging. This particular day my Duo app on my phone froze up. As I was clicking/touching various things to figure out if it was Duo being stuck or my phone itself. As I was clicking exit or something similar I remember a window popping up about there being a new badge that could be earned for a monthly challenge. Unfortunately, where I was clicking the exit button before the window popped up I also exited out of that window before getting the chance to read how the monthly challenges could be met. It reads for my October Challenge I need to complete 30 quests. I’ve noticed that some “friends” that I have are completing this in 1 day. So far I have yet to figure it out to complete mine in 1 day also. I am currently working on 1100 consecutive days so it is not due to the fact that I am not on Duo frequently. The only way I have been able to complete the challenge is by getting 3 quests completed by doing each of the 3 daily challenges to give me 3 quests completed. Even so, it would take me 10 days. I can also get an extra badge done by completing the friends quest every few days.

So, what am I not seeing or doing that could help me complete the Monthly Challenge in a shorter amount of time. When I have searched the Monthly Challenge on this forum I have not see the same windows on my screen. I am also a beta user as well (if that matters). I usually complete about 5000-20,000 XP per league and I am in the Diamond League for the 17th week. I have competed also in the Finals for the Diamond Tournament but afterwards was placed back in the Diamond League. It would be nice if I knew or could understand all of that as well, but…if I could grasp what the possible quests to complete the monthly challenges are first that would be a great starting point for me to understanding how that works first!

Any help would be appreciated!

TammiP
United States of America

Post by TammiP »

My October challenge is still the 1000 XP type. Although I have the new format.

LaDonna1010
United States of America

Post by LaDonna1010 »

How do you know the “type” you have to meet the Challenge? I wish I could open the various ways of seeing things like some have noticed. Maybe Chinese 🇨🇳 or my beta testing interferes with seeing things like that? Ugh…it seems every month I am questioning…what are the various ways to do this? It reads I need to complete 30 quests, but as I mentioned earlier most days I can only get 3 by meeting my daily challenges. Sometimes my competitive spirit just bothers me! LOL I feel as though it’s a “to-do” on my list that is just pending for half a month. It just makes me bonkers! LOL Thanks for your reply TammiP 🤪

TammiP
United States of America

Post by TammiP »

LaDonna1010 wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:29 am

How do you know the “type” you have to meet the Challenge? I wish I could open the various ways of seeing things like some have noticed. Maybe Chinese 🇨🇳 or my beta testing interferes with seeing things like that? Ugh…it seems every month I am questioning…what are the various ways to do this? It reads I need to complete 30 quests, but as I mentioned earlier most days I can only get 3 by meeting my daily challenges. Sometimes my competitive spirit just bothers me! LOL I feel as though it’s a “to-do” on my list that is just pending for half a month. It just makes me bonkers! LOL Thanks for your reply TammiP 🤪

Mine hasn't changed. It's still the old 1000xp thing. I didn't know there was a new one with quests until I saw this post. My Duolingo updated to the new path style but the monthly challenge is still the same.

Saperlipopette!

Post by Saperlipopette! »

The features that you get depend on your device and other factors. If you signed up to be a beta tester then you get more of these test features. In some way we're all beta testers because Duo implements weekly changes without really testing them. I use the app on an Android and this is my monthly quest:

![](

Ever since the monthly quest appeared, this had been my challenge. I get what they give me. It is pretty easy to get 1000 XP. For the last year & and a half I usually complete the challenge in a few days. Most of the people I follow have the same challenge & I would say a good 2/3 of them complete the monthly challenge in a few days. Some complete it in a day. A few don't complete the monthly challenge until late in the month. My opinion is that the monthly challenge is too easy & thus not too relevent. Also in my opinion I believe Duolingo will eventually migrate the monthly challenge to complete thirty daily quests instead of 1000 XP.

Since last week I have been getting Daily quests. I get three a day and I get a few gems when I complete each one. So far I complete them and get new ones & nothing else depends on completed quests. If my monthly challenge were to complete thirty quests I would complete the challenge in ten days. It would be more of a challenge but in the end it wouldn't be much of a challenge. Yet it might be more relevant because completing a quest-base challenge means doing regular work on Duolingo. I believe Duolingo will change the standard monthly challenge of 1000 XP to a quest-base challenge.

![](

For two months I have been getting a friend quest. Duolingo wrote a Blog on Friend Quests so I suppose that is where to go to get more info on them. The quests are different each week. They've been manageable & so far we have completed each one. The rules seem to be that anything done on the app counts toward the friend quest and anything on the web does not.

![](

The other thing I get is: if I complete a lesson between 6am and 11:59 am I get a 15 minute double XP timer that I can use between 6pm and 11:59 pm. If I complete a lesson between 6pm and 11:59 pm I get the double XP timer that I can use between 6 and 11:59 the next day. If I clear my Duolingo cookies & log out I lose what I earned.

The final challenge I have is ten lessons a day. Duolingo sends out a notice to followers if you don't regularly complete ten lessons in a day & then one time, you do. I don't want my followers to get such I message so I do at least ten lessons every day. This includes practice lessons & new lessons & lessons done on the web.

This means my followers get one notice every month about me for completing the monthly challenge. They get a notice if my streak hits a milestone which is every hundred days. If it were my choice, they would get the second notice and a notice when I complete the en-fr course.

Wunderkerze
Germany

Post by Wunderkerze »

Am I wrong or did the former "Daily Goals" disappear completely now? In the beginning of my course, I set mine to 50 XP a day. Now, I often get a "Daily Challenge" that wants me to achieve 30 XP a day. I didn't manage to find where my XP are tracked now as soon as I got more than this.
Of course, there is the monthly challenge. Theoretically, I could start my daily Duolingo exercises with looking at the XP there and work until I get 50 XP more than that. But what can I do once I completed the monthly challenge?

Saperlipopette!

Post by Saperlipopette! »

I can't find the daily goal & daily XP on the app, but what I do is log into Duolingo on the chrome browser. (www.duolingo.com/learn). I make sure I'm in desktop site mode (the hamburger icon gives the drop-down menu where daily goal is displayed. See ex 3 for the options including Desktop Site checked) Go to exhibit one below & see a copy of my main page & on the right is the really handy XP progress chart. You aren't gonna get those menus on the right if you don't have desktop site mode activated.

Another place to look for XP and lessons done is your Duome. Replace the Duolingo id with your Duolingo user name in this link. Then hit the raw button. Exhibit Two has a sample Duome page.

Imagine how great the Duome page would be if, instead of very general information about what you've done, it had specifics! Duome used to have that, but with the new Duolingo tree came changes in policy in the publicly available information on our accts. Also specifics were never given for new Duolingo features & challenges and for the general practice button (even though ninety percent of those general practices are sixteen questions from one previously done skill, and of the ten percent remaining most of those replace 2-6 questions with ones from skills you have in L0 and L1.). Duo's policy is "Trust us with the practice you're getting because Birdbrain rulz."

The second part is that your first daily goal in the Quests should be your daily XP goal. If it isn't, I would file it as a Bug Report. The Quests are new & we know how Duo is with beta tests. They had the new Duolingo tree in Beta test all summer, but the first week the released it to most of the general public they were inundated with demands to allow users to practice completed lessons, and they rushed to put that in. Why they didn't figure this out in beta testing is still one of the grand mysteries of Duo.

What I'd first do is check the daily goal on the web (click your photo, then settings and edit daily goal.). The web has goals in XP per day and the app has them in time per day. I count four daily goals on the app and five on the web so that's another reason why I'm suggesting the web.

Exhibit One

![](

Duome (ex 2)

![](

Exhibit Three

![](

Return to “Duolingo”