Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

XP only 50 XP instead of 90 XP Topic is solved

We are not Duolingo, we cannot solve any problems directly, but we can provide community-based advice.

Lerche90005
Germany

XP only 50 XP instead of 90 XP

Post by Lerche90005 »

on 2022-07-29 I got only half XP for each practice. Can you correct it for me?
actually I should get 1600XP for the 28 practices instead of 830XP.
Thanks for helping me

panyamnyenyekevu
Ukraine

Re: XP only 50 XP instead of 90 XP

Post by panyamnyenyekevu »

Lerche90005 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:34 am

on 2022-07-29 I got only half XP for each practice. Can you correct it for me?
actually I should get 1600XP for the 28 practices instead of 830XP.
Thanks for helping me

We would certainly like to correct that problem for you but this forum, unfortunately, at this time, has no direct connection or control over duolingo itself. I’m sorry you weren’t rewarded the xp you deserve but I hope that doesn’t stop you from soldiering on in your language learning.

🇺🇦

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

Might I suggest a bug report? Duolingo might be able to help you that way. Including screen shots or other evidence is helpful to bolster your claim.

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

GrahamW
Canada

Post by GrahamW »

I noticed in the past 24 hours that the XP awarded had seemed to be lower than in the recent past. I assumed that this was Duo testing out a possible change. However, I noticed today that it's actually lower than what Duolingo reports at the end of each exercise, which would seem to indicate a bug rather than something that Duo intended to do.
Having said that, with all the changes over the last few of years, XP has completely lost its meaning as a measure of progress in a language that it once had. I suppose Duo sees it as a motivational tool, and perhaps that's OK if it works. However, XP now simply seems to be a measure of how well one can play "Duolingo The Game" rather than the work one has put into "Duolingo The Language Learning App". Whatever floats Duo's boat ...

🇨🇦 > :it: :fr: :es: Image :de: Image 🇬🇷 :brazil: 🇨🇳

Lerche90005
Germany

Post by Lerche90005 »

thanks to all! Duolingo wrote me that they will take care.

duome

Post by duome »

panyamnyenyekevu wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:35 pm

...this forum, unfortunately, at this time, has no direct connection or control over duolingo itself..

As if it could be the opposite at some other time in the future, but the idea itself sounds weirdly satisfying :P

Seriously though, it would be too much responsibility to have a direct connection and control anything.

panyamnyenyekevu
Ukraine

Post by panyamnyenyekevu »

duome wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 7:20 am
panyamnyenyekevu wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:35 pm

...this forum, unfortunately, at this time, has no direct connection or control over duolingo itself..

As if it could be the opposite at some other time in the future, but the idea itself sounds weirdly satisfying :P

Seriously though, it would be too much responsibility to have a direct connection and control anything.

Make [mention]duome[/mention] ceo of duolingo! 😉

🇺🇦

dakanga

Post by dakanga »

Luis Van Ahn has said recently (12 days ago)

Hi everyone, I'm Luis! You may not realize that I read this subreddit every day :) I'm happy to answer any questions you may have!

ref

So if you have something that hopefully may be read, and could be responded to by Duolingo, that might be the place to do it :

at

https://www.reddit.com/r/duolingo/

Return to “Duolingo”