Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

500 Days Streak! Topic is solved

Deleted User 133

500 Days Streak!

Post by Deleted User 133 »

Alright people, you know what it is! "Make way for Prince Ali...vated?"
Sorry, couldn't resist.

Anyway, I don't really have much to say about this achievement, so I will just sit back and answer any of the questions that you may have. Hit me.

500 day streak.png
500 day streak.png (89.88 KiB) Viewed 1219 times
..Renad
Oman

Re: 500 Days Streak!

Post by ..Renad »

Oh this is a really amazing achievement . . 💫

good luck . . [mention]Alivated[/mention]

وترى ظُروفَ الأمسِ صارت بلسَمًا
وهي التي أَعيَتْك حينَ تعسّرتْ

رِنــاد

Dana_Dany Danuta
Poland

Post by Dana_Dany Danuta »

Hi, [mention]Alivated[/mention]!

🌟 Congratulations on this achievement! 🌟

Great job and keep it up! 🎉

Good luck on your onward journey! :)

Native language: 🇵🇱 Duolingo levels

Be smart and write poems. :D

MoniqueMaRie
Germany

Post by MoniqueMaRie »

Congratulations

....and in Spanish exactly 30000 XP. Did you also aim for this spot landing?

Native :de: / using :uk: / learning :fr: :cn: :it: / once learnt Image / trying to understand at least a bit :poland:

Deleted User 133

MoniqueMaRie wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:55 pm

Congratulations
....and in Spanish exactly 30000 XP. Did you also aim for this spot landing?

Danke schön.
I definitely did. 30k XP is the milestone for the 25th (last) level of a course, so I timed that on the same day for dramatic effect, haha.

Dana_Dany Danuta wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:47 pm

Hi, [mention]Alivated[/mention]!

🌟 Congratulations on this achievement! 🌟

Great job and keep it up! 🎉

Good luck on your onward journey! :)

..Renad wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:18 am

Oh this is a really amazing achievement . . 💫

good luck . . [mention]Alivated[/mention]

Thank you for your kind words. 🌺

Deleted User 1929

Post by Deleted User 1929 »

Congratulations on that big achievement! 🥳💛

May I ask how good your Spanish skills were when you first started and how much you could improve through Duolingo?

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

So I just checked on the translator jumble board to see which languages you are studying. Language 1 is Spanish. Language 2 is German.

Are you able to have conversations in Spanish? How far down the tree are you? I know the Spanish tree is rather long!

This looks like your Duome page. It says you're in Morocco. Do you get a lot of Spanish people in Morocco? If you're not tired of questions, I'm curious, what's it like living in Morocco?

You have an L5 tree in Arabic! You have actually studied more French than German. And have also tried a couple more languages. That's quite an accomplishment. Do you feel this has been a good use of your time and you will have tangible benefits from it, besides kudos from the owl?

Congratulations on your attainment! That's about a year and third streak! :) All the best in continuing to attain your goals. :D :idea:

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

Deleted User 133

Corinnebelle wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:06 pm

Do you get a lot of Spanish people in Morocco? If you're not tired of questions, I'm curious, what's it like living in Morocco?

The Spanish impact on Morocco is concentrated mainly in the northern regions, where Spain has two of its autonomous cities (yes, on Moroccan territories.) Therefore, the Spanish interaction in those regions is fairly high. A couple of years ago, before COVID-19, people of both countries could cross the frontiers and interact on a personal basis with each other all the time, under certain regulations. Moreover, Morocco is Spanish tourists’ biggest destination outside the European Union. So although in shorter numbers, you can still come across Spaniards in many touristic cities. Taking all that into consideration, in addition to the close proximity of the two countries, Morocco does get a lot of Spanish people.

Now, to be frank with you, I would rather not discuss the living situations of Morocco here because there is no way that I can cover that without profoundly delving into politics. It's just that much, um, complicated. Moreover, I don't really live in Morocco anymore and the location on my Duome profile is stuck there since Duolingo hid that option some years ago without any prior notice.

Are you able to have conversations in Spanish? How far down the tree are you? I know the Spanish tree is rather long!

lama.03 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:51 pm

May I ask how good your Spanish skills were when you first started and how much you could improve through Duolingo?

When I started learning Spanish for the first time, I felt like I knew more than a newbie should. I think I was an A2 before even starting, perhaps because of the clash of cultures. I just had to improve my spoken skills, and we all know that Duolingo is not the optimal tool for that. So it's fair to say that Duolingo didn't help me improve much in terms of what I needed. I never felt any challenge doing the Spanish lessons: I knew all the vocabulary and understood everything. Watching YouTube videos proved to be more effective. Currently, I'm interacting with the people firsthand. I can more or less keep up with the conversations, understand a great part of what people say to me, and manage to express myself adequately. If only they could speak a tiny bit slower... Spaniards...

You have an L5 tree in Arabic! You have actually studied more French than German. And have also tried a couple more languages. That's quite an accomplishment. Do you feel this has been a good use of your time and you will have tangible benefits from it, besides kudos from the owl?

Concerning French, my archenemy, well, let's just say that I and baguette go back a long way. In fact, it might just be the language I studied the longest, but not necessarily successfully, merde. In contrast, my Arabic is pretty advanced. I had to self-learn it through and through. I tried to learn more languages throughout the years and actually got ahead with some, like Portuguese and Japanese. However, German is next on my priority list after Spanish.

If you are asking if learning languages has been a good use of my time and has benefited me in any way, then a simple yes would be an understatement; I think of this process as a self-investment. Businesswise, I work as a freelance translator so the more languages I get better at, the more doors I open to myself. And you won't believe the number of times my understanding of a certain language has broadened by actually learning a different new language (eg: English / German). Consequently, I plan to keep my language learning journey up and make good use of it.

Congratulations on your attainment! That's about a year and third streak! All the best in continuing to attain your goals.

lama.03 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:51 pm

Congratulations on that big achievement!

Much obliged, fellas. 😁

Deleted User 114

Post by Deleted User 114 »

Congratulations! 🥳

And, thank you for helping me with my Arabic, it is much appreciated, and needed. :)

Deleted User 1414

Post by Deleted User 1414 »

Congratulations 🏆🪙💎👑

Deleted User 133

Jacko079 wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:27 am

And, thank you for helping me with my Arabic, it is much appreciated, and needed. :)

Don't hesitate to inquire about anything you don't get. I will try to answer to the best of my knowledge.

Jacko079 wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:27 am

Congratulations! 🥳

Nineko wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:34 am

Congratulations 🏆🪙💎👑

Thank you very much! 😁👍🏻

Stasia
Poland

Post by Stasia »

Congratulations [mention]Alivated[/mention]! I'm trailing 101 days behind you! :D I'm sorry I did not see your notification on my feed to congratulate you there.

Native: :poland:; Fluent: :es:, :us:; Getting there: Image; Intermediate: :fr:; Beginner: :ukraine:

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

[mention]Alivated[/mention]
The Spanish impact on Morocco is concentrated mainly in the northern regions, where Spain has two of its autonomous cities (yes, on Moroccan territories.) Therefore, the Spanish interaction in those regions is fairly high. A couple of years ago, before COVID-19, people of both countries could cross the frontiers and interact on a personal basis with each other all the time, under certain regulations. Moreover, Morocco is Spanish tourists’ biggest destination outside the European Union. So although in shorter numbers, you can still come across Spaniards in many touristic cities. Taking all that into consideration, in addition to the close proximity of the two countries, Morocco does get a lot of Spanish people.

Spain taking up space in Morroco! Did they used to run the place?

Now, to be frank with you, I would rather not discuss the living situations of Morocco here because there is no way that I can cover that without profoundly delving into politics. It's just that much, um, complicated. Moreover, I don't really live in Morocco anymore and the location on my Duome profile is stuck there since Duolingo hid that option some years ago without any prior notice.

I was more curious about was it a modern country? Are there still camel trains? What sort of landscape is there? [If any of these questions including the paragraph above these two aren't answerable I understand!] Sounds like a tourist! :oops:

When I started learning Spanish for the first time, I felt like I knew more than a newbie should. I think I was an A2 before even starting, perhaps because of the clash of cultures. I just had to improve my spoken skills, and we all know that Duolingo is not the optimal tool for that. So it's fair to say that Duolingo didn't help me improve much in terms of what I needed. I never felt any challenge doing the Spanish lessons: I knew all the vocabulary and understood everything. Watching YouTube videos proved to be more effective. Currently, I'm interacting with the people firsthand. I can more or less keep up with the conversations, understand a great part of what people say to me, and manage to express myself adequately. If only they could speak a tiny bit slower... Spaniards...

I hope you get a bit further down the tree where you can learn something! Apparently it goes to B2. Although I've heard the end is still being worked on as far as alternative answers and no tips.

Concerning French, my archenemy, well, let's just say that I and baguette go back a long way. In fact, it might just be the language I studied the longest, but not necessarily successfully, merde. In contrast, my Arabic is pretty advanced. I had to self-learn it through and through. I tried to learn more languages throughout the years and actually got ahead with some, like Portuguese and Japanese. However, German is next on my priority list after Spanish.

That is very interesting! You must be talented! So your native language is Berber?

If you are asking if learning languages has been a good use of my time and has benefited me in any way, then a simple yes would be an understatement; I think of this process as a self-investment. Businesswise, I work as a freelance translator so the more languages I get better at, the more doors I open to myself. And you won't believe the number of times my understanding of a certain language has broadened by actually learning a different new language (eg: English / German). Consequently, I plan to keep my language learning journey up and make good use of it.

Very good!

:)

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

Deleted User 133

Corinnebelle wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:42 pm

Spain taking up space in Morroco! Did they used to run the place?

Yeah, Spain used to have influence in the northern regions of Morocco while France was taking control over the rest of it until 1956, when Morocco got its independence from both these countries.

I was more curious about was it a modern country? Are there still camel trains? What sort of landscape is there? [If any of these questions including the paragraph above these two aren't answerable I understand!] Sounds like a tourist!

Please tell me you are kidding. Why does everyone think that Morocco is only... sands and camels? I mean I get it: Morocco is famous for its Sahara desert but that's just a small portion of the whole thing, really.

The video below speaks for itself. Please watch carefully.

In contrast, however, we find videos like this one below that are all mystique.

And then there are video like... yeah, I don't even know what to say.

So your native language is Berber?

Correct! I am a native speaker of Tamazight, or Berber, as widely known.

I hope you get a bit further down the tree where you can learn something! Apparently it goes to B2. Although I've heard the end is still being worked on as far as alternative answers and no tips.

Thank you very much. I'm making slow progress on Duolingo with Spanish but at least still moving forward.

Stasia wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:01 pm

Congratulations @Alivated! I'm trailing 101 days behind you! :D I'm sorry I did not see your notification on my feed to congratulate you there.

Thank you, [mention]Stasia[/mention]. Don't worry about it at all. Congratulations on your 400 days streak! 👏🏻

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

I don't know what to say about the last one either! Not my kind of thing! But the first two were nice! Sorry about my stereotypes! It sounds like a fascinating country. I was hoping to see something like that and not just sand! But there were camels in both. I bet they mostly live in the desert.

Return to “Achievements”