Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Android Tablet: How can I access the web version of Duolingo?

We are not Duolingo, we cannot solve any problems directly, but we can provide community-based advice.

g-heike
Germany

Android Tablet: How can I access the web version of Duolingo?

Post by g-heike »

I admit it, I am completely unknown about Android, so far I have only worked with Windows systems.

On the Android system I have the Firefox browser running and have entered the web address of Duolingo, even sometimes with the addition /learn. I am then always redirected to duolingo.com/nojs/splash and can install the app. But I don't want that, I want to access Duolingo via the web version.

Does anyone have experience?

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Upbeat 88
Mexico

Re: Android Tablet: How can I access the web version of Duolingo?

Post by Upbeat 88 »

i would personally use google chrome i use that on my android phone and it works fine

https://www.duolingo.com/learn i guess i will throw ideas try this link to duolingo

IceVajal
Germany

Post by IceVajal »

Heike, I also use Chrome and never experienced this. Years ago I used Firefox and had some problems, but it was at a Windows computer.
Perhaps [mention]duome[/mention] has an idea how to solve this problem....

N :de: - B2 :us: - Beginner :ru: (Busuu: B1) - :netherlands:

wayfarer

Post by wayfarer »

Most Andriod browers will have an 'open desktop site' or similar option in the menu. That will take you to the same website as a desktop/laptop computer will go to.

duome

Post by duome »

Both latest Chrome and Firefox for Android let me use the web version just fine, yet I was redirected to the app on my first attempt to open duolingo website in Chrome, but that's only on my first attempt; in Firefox there's a setting to open links in the app or in a tab; in both browsers when I opened duolingo.com for the first time I saw a small banner offering me to use the app, but I could simply ignore it and proceed to the web version. I didn't see that banner since then.

Davey944676
Great Britain

Post by Davey944676 »

An Android tablet with firefox accesses the web version fine for me, so don't give up.

As wayfarer mentions, there is a "desktop site" toggle switch in your three-dot settings menu. You do not normally have to have that switch toggled on to actually use duolingo (apart from sometimes when doing that allows you to copy and paste, or to access more duolingo settings, for example), but perhaps you could try toggling that setting on before initially signing in to duolingo for the first time on your tablet.

That might trigger some sort of redirect to go straight in to the desktop version from that device next time you sign in, even if your "desktop-site" setting is toggled off.

Give it a try, anyway.

Good luck. :)

🇬🇧 British Native....Learning Polish 🇵🇱, Russian 🇷🇺, Romanian 🇷🇴, Ukrainian 🇺🇦, French 🇫🇷, Welsh :wales:

DmGabin

Post by DmGabin »

Try Fennec F-Droid instead of Firefox.

Upbeat 88
Mexico

Post by Upbeat 88 »

microsoft edge works great also

LICA98
Finland

Post by LICA98 »

well idk I just tried accessing it in Chrome and works fine

g-heike
Germany

Post by g-heike »

Thank you all very much. Now it works also in Firefox.

Return to “Duolingo”