Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Norwegian tips & notes have lots of duplicates

This is for Duome related issues only, about the Progress pages, about the Forum itself.
ATTENTION : For Duolingo issues, write to Duolingo support.

PeterPkp123
Poland

Norwegian tips & notes have lots of duplicates

Post by PeterPkp123 »

Hi,

I've been trying to use the tips & notes page for Norwegian language (https://duome.eu/tips/en/nb).
Unfortunately, Half of the reesources on this page are duplicated.

Thanks for help,
Peter

duome

Re: Norwegian tips & notes have lots of duplicates

Post by duome »

Apparently Team Norwegian renamed some skills, so now we need to find the exact duplicates regardless of skill names. I will need some time to rewrite the code to find these and future duplicates automatically.

Here's the problem though:

There is a skill named "Simple Past 2" with a link "Simple-Past-2" and another skill named "Simple Past 2" with a link "Past-3" - the latter is the newer, despite the strange naming pattern (I don't know what they were planning or thinking, but this Past 2 vs Past 3 naming will be a source of confusion). In the meantime these two copies seem to be identical, but as soon as they update this "Past-3" skill yet again, even if it's just for fixing a typo, these two skills will no longer be identical and this will become yet another variable in the equation...

PeterPkp123
Poland

Post by PeterPkp123 »

Thanks for the answer!

As a programmer I understand your problems ;)
When can we expect working document without that many duplicates?

Thanks!

duome

Post by duome »

Try it now. It's a "quick fix", so I hope nothing was lost along the way...

PeterPkp123
Poland

Post by PeterPkp123 »

Thanks a lot!

duome

Post by duome »

We do lose "The World" skill like this - it used to contain some text but it's now empty and duome ignores this "downgrade", so the update time for this skill is somewhere in the past already and it will never be updated again, and a quick fix was to display only the latest editions from the last update, but this way we lose all skills that were renamed/rearranged/deleted, so their timestamps will never be updated again.

"The World" or "The Nordic Countries" skills are examples that we do lose something this way - the skills themselves weren't deleted, but their tips were deleted for some reason.

The question is - shall we mix those deleted tips/skills into the list, or shall we show them in a separate section maybe?

PeterPkp123
Poland

Post by PeterPkp123 »

It's not a huge difference for me, let other people say. I would recommend doing what is easiest for you ;)

jzsuzsi

Post by jzsuzsi »

Hello,

I have a small request.
Hungarian from English Tips and notes .... for one of the skills (Names) , the Tips were updated on Duolingo, but it was not updated on https://duome.eu/tips/en/hu
Can you check it?

duome

Post by duome »

Thank you, I see the issue so I should be able to fix it ... it's ok now

jzsuzsi

Post by jzsuzsi »

Thank you duome!

Return to “Troubleshooting Duome”