Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

My Spanish tree turned gold today!

ElmerRamone
United States of America

My Spanish tree turned gold today!

Post by ElmerRamone »

I just finished the last lesson in my Spanish tree. The last sentence was 'Look at the time, and I still haven't taken a shower.' Something of an anti-climax. I would have thought something more meaningful would have been nice.. And no confetti or parades. Nothing, absolutely nothing happened. I had already gotten the weird trophy thing when I finished everything to level four. I thought maybe now it would change color or give off sparks or something. But, no... I'm just sitting here going "Oh, I guess that's done, then".

I guess now is the time to just be chuffed with myself that I did this thing, and not expect anything else. So that's what I'll do.
I'm not going away, though, I'm sure I'll be back with questions, I still have much to learn. It's just going to be a little different now. Thanks to everyone for all your help, I couldn't have done it without the better minds.

panyamnyenyekevu
Ukraine

Re: My Spanish tree turned gold today!

Post by panyamnyenyekevu »

Super big congrats, Elmer! I’ve not completed a tree so long to such an extent!

🇺🇦

ElmerRamone
United States of America

Post by ElmerRamone »

Thank you so much! Kind words are always appreciated.

MoniqueMaRie
Germany

Post by MoniqueMaRie »

wow, the Spanish tree is huge. How long have you been working on it?

Congratulations

Is your Spanish now perfect or near to perfect?

Native :de: / using :uk: / learning :fr: :cn: :it: / once learnt Image / trying to understand at least a bit :poland:

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

Congratulations! You did it! This is awesome!!!

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

Stasia
Poland

Post by Stasia »

Congrats [mention]ElmerRamone[/mention]! That is a nice achievement indeed!

Native: :poland:; Fluent: :es:, :us:; Getting there: Image; Intermediate: :fr:; Beginner: :ukraine:

Cifi

Post by Cifi »

Felicidades, Elmer!

ElmerRamone wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:16 am

And no confetti or parades. Nothing, absolutely nothing happened.

Well, let's have the party with confetti and fireworks here then: 🎊 🎊 🎊

I remember it was like this for me, too, when I finished Spanish. I think it was because I already had my tree complete before, when it was about six units only.

But overall I'm glad that it happened this way, because the later additions felt like "oh, great, new things to learn and practise" rather than "I thought I would finish soon, and then the target moves far away again and again".

Last edited by Cifi on Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Native: :de: Intermediate: :uk: Lower intermediate: :es: Beginner: :fr: Absolute beginner: 🇬🇷
(If there are errors in what I'm writing in either language, please do correct me - I'll never take it as offense or something like that.)

Explorer
Portugal

Post by Explorer »

¡Muchas felicidades por tu logro! Hay un nuevo hispanohablante en el mundo 😄

🇬🇧 🇪🇸 🇵🇹 🇫🇷 🇩🇪 | Learning: 🇯🇵 |

ElmerRamone
United States of America

Post by ElmerRamone »

MoniqueMaRie wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:04 am

wow, the Spanish tree is huge. How long have you been working on it?

Congratulations

Is your Spanish now perfect or near to perfect?

I've been slogging away for 527 days, and no, I'm nowhere near perfect or even satisfactory. I really need to do some serious listening and speaking practice. Thanks for the congrats.

MoniqueMaRie
Germany

Post by MoniqueMaRie »

Less than two years. That's fast. You must have known already more than only some Spanish when you started using Duolingo, did you?

Native :de: / using :uk: / learning :fr: :cn: :it: / once learnt Image / trying to understand at least a bit :poland:

ElmerRamone
United States of America

Post by ElmerRamone »

MoniqueMaRie wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 5:19 am

Less than two years. That's fast. You must have known already more than only some Spanish when you started using Duolingo, did you?

Nope, I was a real beginner, I just had the time and really enjoyed it. Especially in the beginning. So I devoted several hours a day to it. I have to admit that it's getting more and more difficult the further along I get, and I struggle more now. But I'm not giving up. I started this because I wanted to learn Spanish and I still do. I'll get there yet.

SweNedGuy
Belgium

Post by SweNedGuy »

You probably have discovered the Duolingo Spanish Podcasts by now. (Some slowly spoken Spanish intermitted with quite a lot of English narrator paragraphs to set the scene).
You can also invert the whole setting and listen to English Podcasts for Spanish speakers. The narrator voice in Spanish setting the scene is still quite clearly spoken, though with an extended vocabulary.

Somewhat more challenging is listening to Spanish spoken Youtube videos on any subject you like. Just enter the search subject in Spanish. Related to language learning are the videos of Superholly (mainly targeting native Spanish speakers trying to improve their English).

Another option are the DuoLingo events for L2 Spanish speakers. You can choose 'intermediate level' if you feel up to this. Some events are paying, while others (usually larger groups of learners) are free of charge. Most events are recurring every week (A few take a summer break).

Eventually you may end up discussing/posting on the forum for Spanish speakers over here.

Speaking :netherlands: :fr: :uk: :es: Learning :de:(B2-) :it:(B1) Image :sweden: :portugal: Image (A)

Dovili22
United States of America

Post by Dovili22 »

Wow!
Congratulations!
Te felicito. Ha sido una gran jornada. Tienes que ponerlo en práctica en el mundo real. Cuando viajes a algún pais en donde se hable Español.

D o r a

Return to “Achievements”