Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

"Make my profile public" error

We are not Duolingo, we cannot solve any problems directly, but we can provide community-based advice.

TheChronotope
Great Britain

"Make my profile public" error

Post by TheChronotope »

Hello,

I do not see a thread about this yet: Lately, when I refresh my Duome page, instead of updating it gives me an error message that reads, "Make sure you have "Make my profile public" enabled in your Privacy Settings to enjoy duome progress tracking..." My profile is already public, though, or I wouldn't be able to see my stats. Do you know what might be causing this? It happens every few times I refresh the page, sometimes just for my own, but also – just to compare – for other accounts.

Thank you for your help with this!

yelir64
United States of America

Re: "Make my profile public" error

Post by yelir64 »

I've been having that exact same error too today

Edit: It's working for me now, so maybe just wait and might work

duome

Re: "Make my profile public" error

Post by duome »

It could be better now..

There has been a lot going on in the background lately in an attempt to make it better ;)

The worst case scenario is a "too many requests" error which may still happen occasionally, then the only solution is wait and try again in a few minutes.

Part of the problem is that both of you have a less than 100 days streak so duome cannot use the cached mode for you, that's why all you see is a generic error message.

Return to “Duolingo”