Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Tips on Duome

This is for Duome related issues only, about the Progress pages, about the Forum itself.
ATTENTION : For Duolingo issues, write to Duolingo support.

Danika_Dakika
United States of America

Tips on Duome

Post by Danika_Dakika »

According to the Tips page, "Every time a skill gets updated, Duome automatically caches the most recent edition; there may be seemingly "duplicate" tips and notes — these are taken from different tree versions, Duome keeps all of them for future reference." Where should I look to find those prior versions of the Tips for a skill?

I don't see them on the main Tips page for the course. Today I am looking specifically for the prior Tips for the "Numbers 2" skill in JA<EN (the list shows that a new version was just pushed on 23 June.)

Teşekkürler!
Danika_Dakika

Duolingo Mod, TR Image <> EN Image

duome

Re: Tips on Duome

Post by duome »

What was meant there is - sometimes they change the skill name form something like Basics to Basics1, and then Basics1 to Basics-1, but leave the content untouched. It's possible to track these duplicates as long as they're actually duplicates, but when there are some corrections applied to each of these versions we end up with a multitude of "basic-x" skills that can be 99% equal, yet they're not the same anymore, and all of them would be there on the list.

If the skill title didn't change, then there would be only the latest revision.

I can make older versions available as well, but we need a clean UI for that.

Danika_Dakika
United States of America

Post by Danika_Dakika »

Oooh, okay! Thanks for the clarification!

Duolingo Mod, TR Image <> EN Image

Meli578588
Italy

Post by Meli578588 »

Not sure where to post this.
[mention]duome[/mention]

Can you please help me with PM’s. There is a game starting “jumbler” that I was tagged in. I went to PM to ask for more instructions and it will not let me PM. It gives me an X when I add a name and it will not let me do that. PM’s seem necessary for this language game.

Thank you much. :) Happy 4th, if you celebrate this day !

P.S Not sure if I’m doing it right. It seems pretty simple to make a PM, though.

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

[mention]Meli578588[/mention] I think you have to select the person either through hitting the conversation bubble, or you can contact them if you have friended them. Otherwise you can use "Find a member" or reply to someone who has pm'd you. I don't think you can just type in a name.

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

Meli578588
Italy

Post by Meli578588 »

[mention]Corinnebelle[/mention]

Just popping in to say “Thank you!” For your specific instructions..

😊😊

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

Meli578588 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:58 pm

@Corinnebelle

Just popping in to say “Thank you!” For your specific instructions..

😊😊

I'm glad they worked! :)

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

jzsuzsi

Post by jzsuzsi »

duome wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:51 am

What was meant there is - sometimes they change the skill name form something like Basics to Basics1, and then Basics1 to Basics-1, but leave the content untouched. It's possible to track these duplicates as long as they're actually duplicates, but when there are some corrections applied to each of these versions we end up with a multitude of "basic-x" skills that can be 99% equal, yet they're not the same anymore, and all of them would be there on the list.

If the skill title didn't change, then there would be only the latest revision.

I can make older versions available as well, but we need a clean UI for that.

Hello,
Can you take a look at my post in the Danish forum? viewtopic.php?t=10341-duome-tips-and-notes-missing

As far as I know, earlier, the Duome Tips and Notes were a mix all the available T&N of all the tree versions.

I think you did some cleaning at some point, so now only the T&N of the newest version are visible. Which helps in some cases...

But! For Danish, Tree 1 had a lot of Tips and Notes, while Tree 3 does not have many (thanks to the new guidelines...) So, showing both the Tree 1 and Tree 3 Tips and Notes on Duome would help users.

Thomas.Heiss
Germany

Post by Thomas.Heiss »

For the German from English course the old volunteer contributor tips are gone too and got overwritten by new ones from the updated CEFR course.

I'm surprised someone from the course team (at the Pittsburg US HQ?) is doing html formatted text edits instead of new mobile tips (staff tools only).

Thomas.Heiss wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:56 am

[mention]duome[/mention]

I found the old contributor Web Tips & Notes https://duome.eu/tips/en/de which metadata has got somehow hidden or overwritten by Duolingo staff archived here:

https://archive.ph/K6tee (8. January 2022)

Has 163 cached skills.

Older archive https://archive.ph/D7DDY from 10. September 2020 only has 162 cached skills.

For one one skill "Passport" there was an update on 19. October 2020 which is therefore included in the newer snapshot.

Last edited by Thomas.Heiss on Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

:de: Native | :us: Upper-B2 (BritishCouncil) | ImageL25 (Duo) / A2 (6+y, McGraw-Hill) - Learning (Busuu): :fr: (A1 McGraw-Hill) | :brazil: (interm.)

duome

Post by duome »

I turned off the filtering, there should be some duplicates now, but I think we may be better off marking the duplicates manually (this is something that needs better care than just some simple formula).. right?

Return to “Troubleshooting Duome”