Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

What I love most about Duolingo

We are not Duolingo, we cannot solve any problems directly, but we can provide community-based advice.

panyamnyenyekevu
Ukraine

What I love most about Duolingo

Post by panyamnyenyekevu »

It’s simply streaks. Because I have always believed that if you work at something every day you can get something out of it.

🇺🇦

Explorer
Portugal

Re: What I love most about Duolingo

Post by Explorer »

Perseverance is very important to learn languages. It reminds me of a Ted Talk I watched some time ago.

It is said that you need on average up to 10,000 hours to master anything. That's a lot of time. But you can actually see positive results much sooner than you think. Enjoy the process of learning, enjoy your little victories and be patient. No matter how hard it is. One day you will reach your goals in life if you have enough perseverance 🙂

🇬🇧 🇪🇸 🇵🇹 🇫🇷 🇩🇪 | Learning: 🇯🇵 🇮🇹 |

LICA98
Finland

Post by LICA98 »

yeah without the streak I probably woulda abandoned a long time ago (or at least doing it much less frequently)

panyamnyenyekevu
Ukraine

Post by panyamnyenyekevu »

Explorer wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:27 pm

Perseverance is very important to learn languages. It reminds me of a Ted Talk I watched some time ago.

It is said that you need on average up to 10,000 hours to master anything. That's a lot of time. But you can actually see positive results much sooner than you think. Enjoy the process of learning, enjoy your little victories and be patient. No matter how hard it is. One day you will reach your goals in life if you have enough perseverance 🙂

Thanks!

I’ll watch the TED Talk. The 10,000 hour rule is somewhat debated. I think Anders Ericsson wants to tag his concept of “deliberative practice” onto it. Many people casually spend over 10,000 hours on areas but without focusing on improving their weaknesses? They can remain commonly inexpert. https://www.salon.com/2016/04/10/malcol ... implified/

🇺🇦

MoniqueMaRie
Germany

Post by MoniqueMaRie »

Duolingo won me over because of its gaming approach.

I was always playing something on my mobile or tablet and now I learn vocabulary as a "waste product" while playing.

My French has improved a lot in the last three years and I probably wouldn't have got this far in Italian without Duolingo.

Native :de: / using :uk: / learning :fr: :cn: :it: / once learnt Image / trying to understand at least a bit :poland:

Drymice

Post by Drymice »

Th streaks definetly kept me going, tho I also luke being able to see other duolingo profiles, tho that's probalby me being a sort of stalker

I'm as dry as a mouse and don’t use this anymore.

Return to “Duolingo”