Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Loading on app

We are not Duolingo, we cannot solve any problems directly, but we can provide community-based advice.

panyamnyenyekevu
Ukraine

Loading on app

Post by panyamnyenyekevu »

The loading owl is cute but the loading time is exasperating to say the least.

🇺🇦

Drymice

Re: Loading on app

Post by Drymice »

It's better than mine, on the android app on the computer, I just get '...'

I'm as dry as a mouse.

panyamnyenyekevu
Ukraine

Drymice wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:52 pm

I’m guessing you rarely have to wait long for anything to load on a browser though? Sometimes I have to wait for longer than fifteen minutes. It’s forcing me to be absurdly patient. And I think it’s a basic programming malfunction. Duolingo is adding so many cutesy things it wants kids to see, or notifications to create more social bonds, that it’s slowing the basic function down. An “emperor has no clothes” moment when anyone but the company itself can see the basic problem.

🇺🇦

Drymice

Post by Drymice »

panyamnyenyekevu wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:50 pm

I’m guessing you rarely have to wait long for anything to load on a browser though? Sometimes I have to wait for longer than fifteen minutes.

The android app on the computer takes around only loads half the time lmao

I'm as dry as a mouse.

panyamnyenyekevu
Ukraine

Drymice wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:03 pm
panyamnyenyekevu wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:50 pm

I’m guessing you rarely have to wait long for anything to load on a browser though? Sometimes I have to wait for longer than fifteen minutes.

The android app on the computer takes around only loads half the time lmao

Sorry I mis-read you and thought you were using a browser. That sounds worse than mine!! One naturally gets bitter when one is forced to wait like this, but there could be more charitable reasons for why these waiting times apply. I have seen complaints to @duolingo (@ on twitter) lately about loading times lately so I hope it is a bug that will be corrected soon. I could just use the browser for some things, but I strongly prefer the app for various reasons. For one, since I’m using my phone, the type is too small on the browser for me to feel as comfortable. And for me, feeling comfortable is key to my motivation to continue strongly. I want language to seep in and out of my pores like air.

🇺🇦

panyamnyenyekevu
Ukraine

I just think it’s really bad programming if an app periodically takes more than a few seconds to load, let alone minutes or many minutes. I think I’m right about this and it just surprises me that it continues.

🇺🇦

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

Time delay seems to built in now with those little blurbs they added. I think they did that around the time forum shut down.

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

panyamnyenyekevu
Ukraine

I have to say that what loads and doesn’t load on any given day is so finicky it sorts of dictates what I choose to study at least half the time.

🇺🇦

panyamnyenyekevu
Ukraine

Horrible loading issues for me on the iphone app today and yesterday. Today it’s been sporadic. Yesterday, it didn’t load for over ten hours starting late morning. Not even after I deleted it and re-downloaded it. Source of the problem? I don’t know. It often seems to have loading issues Sunday. Saturday i hadn’t experienced much before. On twitter someone commented once that his app wasn’t loading all day, whereas his family members using same operating system and connection were not having the same trouble. I suspect it might be both a traffic issue and a much more idiosyncratic programming issue.

🇺🇦

Return to “Duolingo”