Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Question about Match Madness

We are not Duolingo, we cannot solve any problems directly, but we can provide community-based advice.

rachetclanky
Philippines

Question about Match Madness

Post by rachetclanky »

Ia Match Madness available in Android? I only see it in iPhone so far.

Deleted User 114

Re: Question about Match Madness

Post by Deleted User 114 »

This article says that:

“As of June 2022, it looks like Match Madness is only available on iPhone.

Other users should still have access to timed challenges in the league section, but it will probably be a different challenge, such as Lightning Round or XP Ramp Up.

Duolingo usually releases new and experimental features on iPhone first, so don’t worry if you’re an iPad, Android or desktop user — you’ll probably get to try it out at some point in the future!”

Meli578588
Italy

Post by Meli578588 »

I don’t have this new feature , yet.

Last edited by Meli578588 on Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

[mention]Meli578588[/mention] Here's a link that contains a video with match madness.

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

Meli578588
Italy

Post by Meli578588 »

Thanks Corrine. 🙂

Last edited by Meli578588 on Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

[mention]Meli578588[/mention] I don't know why it wouldn't be available in say French, but I don't use the app to be able to help you there.

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

evaaaaa

Post by evaaaaa »

Good day. I've only been playing duolingo for a few days. In the "leagues" section, I don't have a "circle" to start Match Madness. I can't find Match Madness anywhere. But I would like to play it, I enjoy it the most on Duolingo. I have Android operating system. Not sure where the problem might be?

SansEspoir
Norway

Post by SansEspoir »

@evaaaaa If you click on the tiny little animations along the path in your target language, where you can see Vikram grilling and Lily having a raincloud etc over her head, you can play Match Madness on android now. And it gives you 3 stars if you're fast enough on all 3 levels. Which is very hard, so they encourage you to buy timer boosts. It's all about that revenue after all.
It's still not available on the website.

DuoMe Profile Learning 🇮🇹/Image + 🇩🇪, with the most focus on 🇮🇹 for now.
Working on repairing the 🇸🇪 🇩🇰 Legendaries after the 2023 updates, but refusing to pay for the snake makes it hard :mrgreen: as long as a kind soul keeps me in their family plan Image. 🇳🇴 Legendary is finally completed again.

Saperlipopette!

Post by Saperlipopette! »

I can only do the Ten-steps March Madness or the Ten-Steps Rapid Review when I'm in leagues.

I have the three-star MM and RR all the time on the app. It's a different game for each unit. iOS probably has it too. As for the web, fuhgettaboutit. I doubt it will ever be available there.

Say I scroll to the top of Section 4 Unit 4, like in Exhibit One. If I click on Junior eating un grand morceau de jambon, I get Three Star March Madness for Section 4, Unit 4. Questions will be tilted toward the vocab in Exhibit Three. I won't get Montmartre or Sacre-Coeur but I would see a lot of timbre, cathédrale, place, bague. I don't think I get anything asked in vocab above that level. The points go higher as you go up the levels. Level one is 5-10-20; if I get the first star I commence Level Two with the 10-15-45, and I don't get level three enough to remember what that structure is.

If I scroll down to Junior catching Zs, it's Three Star Rapid Review. I'm going to get sentences with the vocabulary in Exhibit Three. It's same thing - three stars and you go up a level to a higher reward scale as you achieve Stars.

If I advance a level in MM then move on to something else, then play MM again later in the day or the next day or so in that same unit, it starts at level 2. I'm playing for the 10-15-45 points.

If I go to unit 5, it is two new games. They would be based on the vocabulary for those two skills. I'd also start at level one until I get the stars for that level. If I get it, my next game in the unit would start at Level Two for the 10-15-45 XP.

Exhibit One

Exhibit Two

Exhibit Three

Paris : SEE TIP
1 . place, office de tourisme, bureau de poste, timbre, hôtel de ville, au bout de, arrondissement
2 . quartier, quartier latin, traverser, seine, nord, sud
3 . montmartre, kilomètre, mètre, sur l'avenue, sacré-cœur, est, ouest
4 . cathédrale, comment est-ce que je fais pour, pouvez-vous me dire, voudrions, proche, retourner, perdre
5 . capitale, tellement, centre-ville, monument, plan, guide

Shopping 3 : SEE TIP
1 . grandir, remplir, fini, armoire, choisi, neuf, taille
2 . grossir, grandi, maigrir, rempli, pyjama, basket
3 . grossi, maigri, short, maillot de bain, en promotion, plusieurs, paire
4 . bleu clair, bleu foncé, orange, confortable, marron, bon marché, parfait
5 . cuir, or, argent, bracelet, bague, coton, sweat-shirt

evaaaaa

Post by evaaaaa »

The problem is I do not have the circle for MM.
Re instalation does not help.

Attachments
Screenshot_2024-04-12-10-01-22-636_com.android.chrome.jpg
Screenshot_2024-04-12-10-01-22-636_com.android.chrome.jpg (489.8 KiB) Viewed 52 times

Return to “Duolingo”