Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Bookmark vs subscription

This is for Duome related issues only, about the Progress pages, about the Forum itself.
ATTENTION : For Duolingo issues, write to Duolingo support.

Corinnebelle

Bookmark vs subscription

Post by Corinnebelle »

What's the difference between a bookmark and a subscription?

I bookmarked a page recently and have been receiving notifications when something new has been posted there. Do they do the same thing but are just stored in different sections in the UCP?

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

MoniqueMaRie
Germany

Re: Bookmark vs subscription

Post by MoniqueMaRie »

I'd also like to know this

Native :de: / using :uk: / learning :fr: :cn: :it: / once learnt Image / trying to understand at least a bit :poland:

Deleted User 133

Post by Deleted User 133 »

A bookmark is not supposed to notify you when there are new replies while a subscription should. Are you sure you haven't done both and that is why you received a notification?

Deleted User 133

Post by Deleted User 133 »

Never mind. Things are a bit different in phpBB 3.1.
This is from the FAQ section.

What is the difference between bookmarking and subscribing?
In phpBB 3.0, bookmarking topics worked much like bookmarking in a web browser. You were not alerted when there was an update. As of phpBB 3.1, bookmarking is more like subscribing to a topic. You can be notified when a bookmarked topic is updated. Subscribing, however, will notify you when there is an update to a topic or forum on the board. Notification options for bookmarks and subscriptions can be configured in the User Control Panel, under “Board preferences”.

Seems like the difference now is that subscriptions can be applied to topics and forums, while bookmarks work with just topics.

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

[mention]Alivated[/mention] Thanks! Guess I should of read the FAQ first.

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

Return to “Troubleshooting Duome”