Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Your accent is good!

panyamnyenyekevu
Ukraine

Your accent is good!

Post by panyamnyenyekevu »

But you sound robotic. Where did you learn to speak English? Duolingo.

🇺🇦

zerogrqvity
United States of America

Re: Your accent is good!

Post by zerogrqvity »

Hmm, I don't quite get what you're saying, but I have thought of this for awhile now. [mention]duome[/mention] The character in the lessons, they're cute; don't get me wrong, but it would be cool if we could design our own characters and we could decide what they to us? Obviously, there would be a filter. (;))

👤♠ ㄥєт 𝓪𝕝Ⓛ ʸᗝᑌ 𝒹ᗝ в𝕖 𝐝Øⓝᗴ ⒾⓃ ⓒό𝓝ᖴι𝔡ⓔ𝓝𝐜𝓔 🎈🍫

Native: 🇺🇸 Learning: 🇯🇵 🇪🇸

panyamnyenyekevu
Ukraine

zerogrqvity wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:09 pm

Hmm, I don't quite get what you're saying, but I have thought of this for awhile now. @duome The character in the lessons, they're cute; don't get me wrong, but it would be cool if we could design our own characters and we could decide what they to us? Obviously, there would be a filter. (;))

Well what I’m saying is that instead of natural speakers actually reading out the sentences and speaking the way they would naturally, that for certain languages, Duolingo decided to draw on automated voices thinking they were perfectly natural and a lot of times they aren’t.

For me this is something I would never listen to if I could avoid it. It’s sort of like George Lucas going back into his three first star wars movies and inserting fake looking cgi. Just a very bad decision aesthetically. Like if Da Vinci were to decide the Mona Lisa needed improving so he used automatons to paint over what he’d done.

🇺🇦

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

That's what I would be scared of if I learnt one of those languages with those characters!

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

mathemajician
United States of America

Post by mathemajician »

Corinnebelle wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:11 pm

That's what I would be scared of if I learnt one of those languages with those characters!

Oh god imagine if you learned German with Junior.

Everyone would put their fingers in their ears when you opened your mouth.

panyamnyenyekevu
Ukraine

mathemajician wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:37 pm
Corinnebelle wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:11 pm

Oh god imagine if you learned German with Junior.

Everyone would put their fingers in their ears when you opened your mouth.

This made me laugh!

🇺🇦

Return to “Random Thoughts”