Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Tatoeba

We can't solve any technical issues that you may have with other services, but the Duome community may still give you some answers and ideas. Ask your questions, share experiences, exchange tips and advice and be welcome!

Forum rules

Duome can't solve the technical issues that you may have with any particular product.
For technical support, please, contact your respective service provider.
However the Duome community may have the answer to your questions.
Share your questions, get answers, share experiences, exchange tips and advice.

The language learning product subforums are listed in alphabetical order.

Zimozie
Finland

Tatoeba

Post by Zimozie »

I hope someone finds this web page useful: https://tatoeba.org/en/sentences/index

The web page is about collecting sentences and translations to them. I personally find this handy but I still lack ideas how to use it properly in language learning.

-Zimozie

🇫🇮 native, 🇺🇲 C1-B2, 🇫🇷🇮🇱🇸🇪 B2-B1, 🇪🇸 B1-A2, 🇯🇴🇪🇪🇳🇴A2-A1, 🇷🇺🇺🇦🇬🇷🇨🇳 A1
Duolingo profile: https://duome.eu/zimozie77

MsFixer
Japan

Re: Tatoeba

Post by MsFixer »

[mention]Zimozie[/mention]
Many of the sentences on Tatoeba are sourced to Clozemaster (self-claimed "post-Duolingo" app). It's a freemium app like Duolingo. Most of the basic features are for free. I post my review comment on Clozemaster here:
viewtopic.php?p=16794-good-free-languag ... ges#p16794

MsFixer with Pulau Bahasa | Native: 🇯🇵 | Learning: 🇮🇩 (B1)

Corinnebelle

Re: Tatoeba

Post by Corinnebelle »

Tatoeba is an interesting tool for language learning.

You can explore how words are translated in different languages.

Listen to audio in your target language with an English translation. Target language is Hebrew in the example.

Learn how sentences are translated in different languages. Base language is Hebrew here and I selected audio in the advanced search.

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

Return to “Product Specific Q&A”