Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

percentage completed in user stats

Ask, and we'll consider your request. Provide an accurate description of what you would like to do/have, and we'll consider implementing it, if this is technically possible.

Liseechka
United States of America

percentage completed in user stats

Post by Liseechka »

Could you add the percentage completed for crowns, skills, lessons, and lexemes on the user stats page? https://duome.eu/liseechka

It's nice to see the quantity completed over total available (like already there for crowns) -- then not have to do the math to get the percentage. :D

Attachments
12CA15DC-5490-49A6-8A5E-A1FE1D86CC42.jpeg
12CA15DC-5490-49A6-8A5E-A1FE1D86CC42.jpeg (62.27 KiB) Viewed 2285 times
Liseechka
United States of America

Re: percentage completed in user stats

Post by Liseechka »

I see that when I hover over the crowns something shows up below with a percentage --- but for my french course somehow it's showing 1317/1408 at 58.8% complete. When I switch over to my german course, that hover percentage looks to be accurate.

duome

Post by duome »

First of all, it is now fixed to correctly explain the L6 tree prediction (58.8% is accurate, but the rest of the explanation line wasn't).

Now I'll think of the percentages )

Edit: 58.8% is for how much of the legendary tree you got, not the total amount af crowns. These are different percentages, so I will have to include both somehow/somewhere.

Liseechka
United States of America

Post by Liseechka »

That makes total sense and is a great thing to track. :-) I just wasn't thinking about it that way when looking at it. What do "sessions" mean? How is the "days to go" calculated?

It might be cool to do the total skills percentage as a visual -- like as a ring representing all the skills possible but colored so that skills whose highest level is L1 are blue, L2 green, etc. So for my french tree it would be a circle which is all purple and gold; whereas my Russian tree would have some of all the colors; and someone who hasn't finished a tree yet would have some of the circle not closed. Something like this..

Just a suggestion, but I know I'd love it and would be a much more meaningful way for me to track my progress than the XP intense way Duo seems to be switching to.

I'm not sure what visualization tools you use but hopefully one with that kind of visualization widget!

Attachments
0BB25E62-4A37-493A-ABC2-0A4286ACD4B2.jpeg
0BB25E62-4A37-493A-ABC2-0A4286ACD4B2.jpeg (158.46 KiB) Viewed 2259 times
duome

Post by duome »

Session is a lesson (they call it "sessions" in the data), duome takes the number of lessons you still need to do to complete your current tree level, divided by the daily amount of lessons you did in the last few weeks on average - that makes it a "days to go" value.

Liseechka
United States of America

Post by Liseechka »

I see you're already making changes. You're super fast! :) Love it!!
Now we can see both total % complete and % of next level tree complete too. Yay!

It's probably way simpler than what I was suggesting just to color the bar you get when you hover over skills or crowns or do something like what you already did with strength. Then it's closer to the UI you already have. (Sorry to keep suggesting things -- I'm excited to finally be able to see stats that I've been manually tracking without having to do all the legwork!! I may be nerding out a bit :roll: :geek: )

duome

Post by duome »

duome-crown-level-stats.png
duome-crown-level-stats.png (7.31 KiB) Viewed 2177 times

Well, maybe a bit too colorful to my taste, but these are original colors so how could I complain?.. :?

duome-crown-level-chart.png
duome-crown-level-chart.png (8.44 KiB) Viewed 2173 times

I also tried the chart, but we probably need a better place than this; it could be more "readable" as a circle around the big avatar, but yet again - it might be just too colorful there or anywhere else.

Liseechka
United States of America

Post by Liseechka »

**edited
I kind of like it - even if it is very colorful. (But I like colors. 😂)

Where is the graphic you posted? Is it under skills? I don’t see it, but it looks like tree level may have gotten wonky.

Last edited by Liseechka on Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
Liseechka
United States of America

Post by Liseechka »

edited
I see what you posted for my german and russian trees :)
It's showing as 100% complete for the French tree with no colorful boxes though.

Would it be possible to add a percentage bar under the skills section in addition to what you added to the tree section?

Attachments
5F185DA6-0BB5-4CD1-9910-7DA2117E1377_4_5005_c.jpeg
5F185DA6-0BB5-4CD1-9910-7DA2117E1377_4_5005_c.jpeg (20.81 KiB) Viewed 2131 times
Last edited by Liseechka on Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

I like it! I wonder if we can have the crowns skills rearraigned in order according to level 1, 2, 3 etc.? I can only get the tree option from my main duome screen, when I click on Hebrew it doesn't show, although my main screen shows Hebrew and I can see the bar there. I imagine it is still being developed.

Another thing. I can only access German, Hebrew and French on my Duome stats. Is that because of authentication?

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

duome

Post by duome »

Liseechka wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:01 pm

I don’t see it, but it looks like tree level may have gotten wonky.

Fixed to show your French level... (those grammar skills and the legendaries are still getting in the way sometimes).

Liseechka wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:34 pm

Would it be possible to add a percentage bar under the skills section in addition to what you added to the tree section?

5F185DA6-0BB5-4CD1-9910-7DA2117E1377_4_5005_c.jpeg

I actually like this representation a lot more than the one with numbers. Would you give up the numbers for this?

duome

Post by duome »

Corinnebelle wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:21 am

I like it! I wonder if we can have the crowns skills rearraigned in order according to level 1, 2, 3 etc.?

I didn't quite get this - can you explain, please?

I can only get the tree option from my main duome screen, when I click on Hebrew it doesn't show, although my main screen shows Hebrew and I can see the bar there. I imagine it is still being developed.

That's an issue that I still struggle to explain completely. Some profiles sometimes go into cached mode even though there's seemingly nothing wrong with duome-duolingo authentication at the moment and duome gets other profiles data just fine.

Another thing. I can only access German, Hebrew and French on my Duome stats. Is that because of authentication?

You need to "show" the other trees to duome - select Spanish on duolingo.com, refresh your duome progress page (can't remember why it had to be the progress page, in the meantime it won't cache your tree if you're on your main duome screen, but I'll make it work both ways later on).

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

@duome Aha, I need to not just show duome the page but actually click on it so it will show me the course and then it will light up with a blue link next time I look at it. Thank you!

Ok, I think I'm the color blind one here. I was expecting the purple to be legendary but the purple blue one is legendary and the purple one is the new skills.

Thank you for having this forum and all the great statistics you are generating for us! They are improving all the time! :D

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

Liseechka
United States of America

Post by Liseechka »

Yes! It's showing now. Woohoo!!
I have to say, I do like seeing the numbers.... What if you do something like this?

When you hover over skills show skills percentage - as that is most applicable to your progress in completing skills across the whole tree.

B7ED9FA3-8DF7-4586-96FC-835A1256521B_4_5005_c.jpeg
B7ED9FA3-8DF7-4586-96FC-835A1256521B_4_5005_c.jpeg (42.96 KiB) Viewed 2084 times

But when you hover over tree, show something more applicable to progress towards leveling up to the next tree. Like how many skills are at level, need 1/2/3/.... sessions to get to the target level.

94ED6495-BAB2-4398-9FA7-7ED679A89F8F_4_5005_c.jpeg
94ED6495-BAB2-4398-9FA7-7ED679A89F8F_4_5005_c.jpeg (45.1 KiB) Viewed 2084 times

They aren't as colorful so it tones down the garishness a little while still giving cool stats. Bonus - With that number of boxes at the bottom you also get a visual aid to gauge percentage. Is it clean enough for your aesthetic? You have a good thing going with the simplicity.

Last edited by Liseechka on Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Liseechka
United States of America

Post by Liseechka »

[mention]duome[/mention] I think I'm seeing the same thing as [mention]Corinnebelle[/mention] about the inactive languages.

When you first started adjusting code, even though I was active on Duo with my French course, I could use https://duome.eu/liseechka/en/de or https://duome.eu/liseechka/en/ru to see my other language stats and they had the same info as my https://duome.eu/liseechka did for french. Within the last day or so, though the .../en/XX pages have lost the new tree info and all the hoverability. It was nice to be able to toggle to my other languages that way without having to go into Duo to change.

Total nice to have though! I'm so super stoked about getting more stats :D

Liseechka
United States of America

Post by Liseechka »

Or even more simple like... ??

Attachments
03CF8392-72BC-486D-9622-80AAFD31CDB5_4_5005_c.jpeg
03CF8392-72BC-486D-9622-80AAFD31CDB5_4_5005_c.jpeg (31.99 KiB) Viewed 2077 times
Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

[mention]Liseechka[/mention] The languages which I opened the page on in Duome are still linked. I don't how long it lasts, but I think it is a long time.

Liseechka
United States of America

Post by Liseechka »

[mention]duome[/mention]
I’ve been playing around with mock-ups using my data and came up with some ideas for a clean look. Feel free to use or not, I’m just playing. 😊

What I was going for:

• skills section - give visual of skill level progress for all skills in tree, makes less colorful, keep simple; the boxes show how many skills are at each level (including how many are still locked - grey)
    German and Russian trees show that well since I’m still fairly early in those.
  • crowns section - no changes from what you have now
  • tree section - give visual of progress between current tree level to next, give some color to indicate levels (but not overwhelm), give insights to how many skills are in an intermediate state as moving between levels; reworded the subtext a little
    French tree shows this better since I’m working skills at different rates.

Boxes in tree section are # of skills: at or above target level; >66% to target level, 33-66% to target level, <33% to target level, <1% to target level

I’m not really sure how the percentage in tree section is calculating, but I tried to guess it based off of how many skills I have in various partial ways to legendary.

Attachments
French
French
AEDA3041-A72C-4DAE-821C-0C79FED51106.jpeg (51.71 KiB) Viewed 2028 times
German
German
C2AA836D-D75E-4D67-BD61-3DB7D9C98A69.jpeg (52.05 KiB) Viewed 2028 times
Russian
Russian
7B404C70-0D33-4A63-885B-B0F848249FDE.jpeg (52.36 KiB) Viewed 2028 times
JThompson07
United States of America

Post by JThompson07 »

What a convenient feature! Oftentimes, I find myself trying to manually figure out what I have left but it's too time consuming.

I'm not sure if this would be a separate request or part of this one, but I'd love to see this progress broken out by Unit/Checkpoint. Since Duolingo says things like "Finishing Unit 3 ~= A1 and Unit 5 ~= A2", I often wonder how many lessons that I need to complete to finish a certain Unit.

SimbiAni
United States of America

Post by SimbiAni »

duome wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:42 am

Well, maybe a bit too colorful to my taste, but these are original colors so how could I complain?.. :?

duome-crown-level-chart.png
I also tried the chart, but we probably need a better place than this; it could be more "readable" as a circle around the big avatar, but yet again - it might be just too colorful there or anywhere else.

I LOVE these colours & the colourful bar as it looks here! Was such a nice surprise when I first saw it! Image You got them from the source, like the example picture below, right? I still wonder why the original designer didn't go in straight "rainbow order", haha (reversing the first three, or just ORPBGY). As far as I'm concerned, I would like ALL the colors, as much as possible! Image If ever we could login & choose colors over plainness as a preference.. Image

What would really make it all the more epic for me is nixing the whole "having to hover" for each line to get the %s & just show 'em all at once. When I'm on a Duo-spree, I like to check Duome to take notes (in a text file on my separate mobile device) & whenever I get to the %s I have to keep grabbing the mouse, lol. My notes consist of updating each stat: date, XP, crowns, skills, lessons, lexes, & %s; as I reach my XP goals for each language.

🇺🇸 = fluent from youth & only one to 'stick'; 🇨🇦 = lifelong from nonblood relatives
🇩🇴🇵🇷 = lifelong exposure via local cultures; 🇮🇹 = for discovering genetic heritage
🇧🇷 = cuz why not; 🇰🇷🇯🇵 = L❤VE!! +24 more lol omg https://duome.eu/SimbiAni

duome

Post by duome »

Yes, these are original colors (plus the purple/legendary one).
I can export stats as csv or xls if you give me the exact sequence that you need for your records.
It can be a link like /SimbiAni/export, or something like that, or you can get it via telegram (duome has a telegram bot with notifications on whatever happens, I think I can teach it some other tricks including exporting our stats).

SimbiAni
United States of America

Post by SimbiAni »

Oh, no complicated files necessary - just like seeing the stats & then I simply type the numbers, ie backspacing a "6" & then changing it to an "8", etc it just would be faster if I don't have to reposition the cursor to hover (I use an AirMouse remote with my typing hand, ie put down my device, move the cursor, pick the device again, repeat, etc) & often during a limited-time doubler I'd like to update my notes before switching languages so I don't have to go back to a language later just to get the stats (since we can only view one at a time in full) so efficiency / time-saving is ideal. I do love how when the site is working, it loads each language switch very fast, all I have to do is hit refresh! Image

Cuz I'm a super geeky stats-&-notes nerd, here's the screencaps of my current info. Image

🇺🇸 = fluent from youth & only one to 'stick'; 🇨🇦 = lifelong from nonblood relatives
🇩🇴🇵🇷 = lifelong exposure via local cultures; 🇮🇹 = for discovering genetic heritage
🇧🇷 = cuz why not; 🇰🇷🇯🇵 = L❤VE!! +24 more lol omg https://duome.eu/SimbiAni

Return to “Requests new Duome features”