Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Potential New Resources

Hobgobliner
Great Britain

Potential New Resources

Post by Hobgobliner »

Dear all,

I'm developing three things. I'm wondering if these would be useful for other people as well. If so, then perhaps they can be shared.

First, I made my own little flashcard app for words in Indonesian. It collects words from the different lessons on DuoLingo into lessons with the same name. It's written in Python and I run it on my Android phone with the Py3 app. It is very crude, but I find it useful. I often use it to revise a lesson before taking the lesson to the next level. It includes sample sentences, but not all words have them, and I haven't included any lessons from checkpoint 1 in it as I didn't have it then. This is very crude and works for me, but if others are interested then we can look into it.

Second, I'm interested in finding Indonesian songs that contain 1000 new words. By 'new words' I mean words not covered by DuoLingo Indonesian. E.g. in understanding the lyrics of 'Makhluk Tuhan Paling Sexy' by Mulan Jameela I found quite a few words I didn't recognise which aren't in DuoLingo as fas as I know.

Third, I'm going to be suggesting to the Vegan Society of Indonesia that we make a list of words useful for vegans travelling in Indonesia. Clearly one place to make that available (if they agree) is on the FB page. But, I'd like to know if others think this would be sensibly released elsewhere.

If any of these resources would end up being shared more widely, then it would be worth my while thinking of this while developing them. Rather than just having them impossibly rough for others.

Note that even should these suggestions be welcomed, these things will appear over time.

striver

Re: Potential New Resources

Post by striver »

Good initiative. I personally would not use another app. I want to keep it within Anki.

I'm interested in indonesian songs to learn new words and expressions too.

Please tell how I can contact the vegan society - I will send them the suggestion too.

dakanga

Post by dakanga »

"contact the vegan society"

How does this relate to forum such as duome.eu ?

If you are interested in a vegan society, would it not be best for you to connect directly with them ?
And perhaps to check out resources yourself on search engines such as google ?

Yet - who knows ... perhaps someone here could assist you this.
Though it is not what the focus of our forum is about.

striver

Post by striver »

dakanga wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:57 am

Easy. The OP will suggest that to the vegan society. If they directly tell me the contact, I'll contact them too. When a word list is released, it will help us who are learning Indonesian from English, as well as all travellers to Indonesia. I am not a vegan myself, but I can eat all vegan food and I could have vegan friends or family with me on a future trip to Indonesia.
The OP can simply add 1 line in their overall reply about the contact of that society.

dakanga

Post by dakanga »

Great call.

And I hopping all that will occur. Or that others of us in this community will engage in a positive way about this.

Thanks for elaborating also on this discussion @striver ,
For engaging and expanding on this.

Thanks for your contributions to this forum here, including about important issues such as issues for the vegan society.

Dana_Dany Danuta
Poland

Post by Dana_Dany Danuta »

striver wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:51 am

Good initiative. I personally would not use another app. I want to keep it within Anki.

I'm interested in indonesian songs to learn new words and expressions too.

Please tell how I can contact the vegan society - I will send them the suggestion too.

Hello,@striver!

🙂... on the website below you have a lot of choice and you can listen to any variety of Indonesian songs:

Top 100 Indonesia Songs 2024 ♫ Best Indonesian Music Hits 2024

💫 I like this 👀 song:

GHEA INDRAWARI - JIWA YANG BERSEDIH (OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO)

Native language: 🇵🇱 Duolingo levels

Be smart and write poems. :D

gmads
Mexico

Post by gmads »

Hobgobliner wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:45 am

Third, I'm going to be suggesting to the Vegan Society of Indonesia that we make a list of words useful for vegans travelling in Indonesia.

striver wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:51 am

dakanga wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:57 am

🦎  Amazonia is now becoming a carbon source.  🦎
Elysium - Master of the rainforest

🇲🇽 :us:  ·  :it: 🇧🇷  ·  :ru: 🇦🇪

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

@Hobgobliner I think you could release it here too, if they're interested. Vegan food is good, if you want to eat vegan if not you might still learn something. I like vegan.

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

Return to “Indonesian”