Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Use duome to see more from duolingo.com

These Duome Forum guides have step-by-step instructions and screenshots on how to achieve the desired results. So read the relevant ones before you ask again.

Arandomhooman

Use duome to see more from duolingo.com

Post by Arandomhooman »

Edited : 🔗 from original posted by Josephthekoala
(Some editing from original to incorporate/update links and information and conform to standard formatting style, while seeking to hold respect to the original post.)
This post can assist you in using and understanding more of the information about your Duolingo public extended profiles.

This post is a step-by-step guide to using Duome, and in particular, a user’s Duome page.

Please keep in mind that the Duome is not owned or run by Duolingo and is an independent website.

What is the Duome?

For the most part this website is an attempt of a clean visual representation of our public extended profiles and a little bit more: at duolingo.com you can only see a very limited amount of statistical data for your current language; duome.eu shows your detailed live data for your current language pair and keeps some essential stats for the rest of your languages, making it possible to compare your progress to thousands of other duolinguists out there.

source: https://duome.eu/faq

Users

To find your Duome page, you can go to the website and add a “/” sign followed by your username. This is an example:

Note: You will not be able to access your Duome page unless your Duolingo profile is public. If you do not want people to be able to see your statistics, you can opt out of the Duome by making your profile private.

Check out your Duome page!

Special Note: Informed by a user, installing DuoProfile will add a link to your Duome profile on your profile page.

User’s Page

1. OVERVIEW

There are two white boxes on the top, which contain the most obvious features of your profile. On the left box, you will see your profile picture, your username, your bio and location (if you have them), as well as your total amount of XP, your streak, your lingot count, and your current leaderboard.

The right side box contains statistics related to your target language. These tell how far you have gone. Besides your level, these stats are your number out of the total number to completing the tree.

Below these two boxes are 3 (or more) white boxes with other features. The first one is your Daily Progress, comparing your progress in the last few days (usually 21 or 22) with an orange line to another Duolingo user’s progress with a white line. The second box below displays your language(s) and the number of crowns that have been earned in each language. (Similarly, each language also is listed with L: level number, W: words learned, and XP.) Further down are your Golden Owls, and your recent activity.

duome1a.jpg
duome1a.jpg (14.93 KiB) Viewed 10803 times

2. USING THE DATA

If you click on your target language, in the right white box at the top, the page directs you to an organized list of your skills. This page can also be reached by adding another “/” sign after the username and the word “progress”. This is an example:

https://duome.eu/yourusernamehere/progress

XP

https://support.duolingo.com/hc/en-us/a ... hat-is-XP-

When you learn on Duolingo, you earn points, and we call them experience points, or XP for short.

Level

https://blog.duolingo.com/goldilocks-an ... uage needs.

At Duolingo, we use the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) to set goals for different language proficiency levels when we design our courses. The levels are labeled A1, A2, B1, B2, C1, and C2, and they cover increasingly complex language needs. ...
Each skill has five levels, and each level gets you practicing the skill's vocabulary and grammar with more challenging exercises. The skill color and the number in the little crown change when you level up. When you reach Level 5, the skill turns gold!
also: https://duolingo.fandom.com/wiki/Freque ... ns/Courses
https://happilyevertravels.com/duolingo-levels/

Crowns

https://support.duolingo.com/hc/en-us/a ... wn-levels-

Each skill you do has a “Crown Level” associated with it. When you level up a skill, you earn a Crown, and the types of exercises you see will get harder.

Skills

https://blog.duolingo.com/duolingo-101- ... ngfeatures

Our courses are made up of skills, colorful circles representing each unit in the course. Skills cover a particular topic, like Travel or Family, and teach vocabulary and grammar related to talking about that topic. Our Spanish course starts with the skills Intro, Phrases, and Travel.

The first tab is the Skills tab. You can sort skills by Strength, Crowns, Date, Name, and Original Order.

To read a skill’s Tips, click on the orange “bulb” sign at the right (the first circle).

To practice a skill or do a lesson, click on the “weight” sign (the second circle).

To level up, click on the “key” sign (the third circle).

Lessons

https://blog.duolingo.com/duolingo-101- ... ngfeatures

Each level has a number of lessons covering vocabulary and grammar related to the topic. Each lesson introduces new content, so you have to complete all the lessons in the first level in order to unlock the next row of skills!

Lexemes

https://duolingo.hobune.stream/comment/27148908
By Lrtward

It's more or less the "base word".
Study, studied, studying - all are one lexeme, despite being three different words.

By Hermesianax

Please note, lexemes have a different meaning on Duome.eu from the common use in linguistics. You can click on the question mark next to the number on Duome.eu and it will explain its use on that site.

In linguistics, a lexeme is the collection of all inflections, declinations and other variants of a particular, well, lexeme. For example:

words: "make", "makes", "made". lexeme: "make".

Basically, it's the dictionary entry. There is no need to put into a French-English dictionary all separate forms of être, such as sommes, été, etc. as they all mean the same thing: "to be", only in a different person, number or grammatical function in the sentence.

Strength

https://duolingo.fandom.com/wiki/Strength

Strength was a measure Duolingo used to indicate which learned words and skills a learner currently most needs to practice—the lower an item's strength, the more it is in need of practice. Currently strength is not shown on Duolingo, but it can be seen in Duome / Individual progress page.

Vocabulary

The second tab is the “Words” tab. This tab displays all the words in the course, with your learned words in dark blue. Clicking on any of these words directs you to the Duolingo Dictionary, which translates and defines the word.

Tips and Notes

This third tab is an easy way to read all the tips provided for your language. It is like a textbook!

3. HISTORY

Back to the users page, on the top left corner of the Daily Progress section, is a little gray button with the word “RAW” on it. Clicking on this shows you your recent practice sessions, which is basically your history.

You may notice that some words are light while others are not. When the Duome is not sure what you have done, it puts the activity in a light color. Other times, it marks large XP numbers as “Stories” (e.g. 40XP stories). There is no 40XP story, however, and it is not sure what was done.
The real name for stories is “timed practice/stories”.

At the bottom right corner of each day's history, there is the total day's earned XP as well as the amount of XP earned that day for each language. And at the bottom of the total history page, it shows your total XP for each language.

Learn how to use the Duome for XP contests here.

For another resource, a user informed me of the Duo Strength browser extension, inspired by the Duome. See here for more info.

I hope this was helpful. I really enjoyed making it. ... If there is anything I missed, or if you have questions, please feel free to comment below!

Last edited by dakanga on Sun Mar 27, 2022 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

-Posted by Arandomhooman

Arandomhooman

Re: [GUIDE]: How to Use Duome - from the forums

Post by Arandomhooman »

The markdown does not copy, but I figured out how to use it correctly.

-Posted by Arandomhooman

60yo

Post by 60yo »

When I go to https://duome.eu/60yo (and 60yo is my username both in Duolingo and here), I find the profile of someone who registered in 2016 (I did so this year) and has been inactive for a long time. Seems Duolingo allows duplicate usernames...

Explorer
Portugal

Post by Explorer »

60yo wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 5:03 am

When I go to https://duome.eu/60yo (and 60yo is my username both in Duolingo and here), I find the profile of someone who registered in 2016 (I did so this year) and has been inactive for a long time. Seems Duolingo allows duplicate usernames...

Can you please go to your profile on Duolingo and paste the URL of the page here?

🇬🇧 🇪🇸 🇵🇹 🇫🇷 🇩🇪 | Learning: 🇯🇵 |

60yo

Post by 60yo »

https://www.duolingo.com/profile/60yo5

So I'm actually 60yo5 in Duolingo and https://duome.eu/60yo5 then works fine. Clever!

Upbeat 88
Mexico

Re: Use duome to see more from duolingo.com

Post by Upbeat 88 »

thanks for making this !!!!

i ma loving it too much

Ady
Canada

Post by Ady »

How do you link to your DuoLingo profile (or even just 'activate' it**) on DuoMe?

There is a thread on that but the method isn't working for me and this seems important enough that it should be part of this sticky (or some sticky).
(viewtopic.php?t=3816-how-to-link-your-d ... um-profile)

**If I load the DuoMe list of DuoLingo accounts listed by XP in Esperanto, mine is not present where I would expect it to be. To me that suggests I need to do something special to make it show up in the list, though I do remember seeing my actual summary page here a while back. Very confusing.

Ne estas facila esti verda. :mrgreen: :star:

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

[mention]Ady[/mention] Maybe [mention]duome[/mention] could help with that list.

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

flootzavut
Great Britain

Post by flootzavut »

I assumed from Duolingo and thought I understood here that the W is for words, but some of mine are coloured red and some dark grey, even in languages where I've finished the tree. I am confused! Am I looking at the wrong thing? I don't think they're based on the strength because they're red in some languages I've not studied recently.

Thomas.Heiss
Germany

Post by Thomas.Heiss »

Ady wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:58 am

How do you link to your DuoLingo profile (or even just 'activate' it**) on DuoMe?
...though I do remember seeing my actual summary page here a while back. Very confusing.

Hello [mention]Ady[/mention],

what is your username profile on Duolingo? /profile/Ady?

Do you have a minimum streak of 100 days?
In that case it normally is enough to poll the service for the first time: www.duome.eu/USERNAME

Ady wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:58 am

If I load the DuoMe list of DuoLingo accounts listed by XP in Esperanto, mine is not present where I would expect it to be. To me that suggests I need to do something special to make it show up in the list

How far are you into the Esperato course? Finished with the owl? How many XPs/Crowns?

If you are alread listed in the Duome database you can refresh a language / course with this:

www.duome.eu/USERNAME/progress

To do that for Esperanto you first need to switch to this course on the www.duolingo.com/courses page (or Home/Learn page, top blue header bar with the language flag to show the popup menu for ALL courses) and make this EO (from EN, from XX base/source language, whatever) the ACTIVE one.
Once you refresh your Home/Learn page on Duolingo or it auto-refreshes itself and you see all skills (round circles) in the tree design or new path layout you can switch to the second browser tab and let Duome refresh the data (from the Duolingo backend "extended user profile") by accessing your /progress page.

There are currently 314151 members on the SHOF Duome portal which means not all user profiles can get added immediately, without meeting the minimum requirements.

You can find more informations about the process in the FAQ https://duome.eu/faq or Blog section https://duome.eu/blog.

If you link your username (Ady seems to be another Spanish speaking person) we might be able to take a quick look to see what's going on and what streak/XP/course data you meet.

For users below the 100 days streak minimum criteria Duome will AFAIK just poll the "extended user profile" and display some basic 1-n course information, but won't necessarily add you to the own Duome database for streak auto-refreshes and update cycles.

Let us know if we can help you any further.

:de: Native | :us: Upper-B2 (BritishCouncil) | ImageL25 (Duo) / A2 (6+y, McGraw-Hill) - Learning (Busuu): :fr: (A1 McGraw-Hill) | :brazil: (interm.)

sassfb

Post by sassfb »

I'm confused about the statistics I'm seeing in Duome--it looks like the Duome statistics are still using stuff from the old Duolingo Tree. When I got the new Duolingo Path, I could no longer complete all the stuff in the Tree, but I have completed everything in the Path to at least the Gold level, and some are Legendary purple. But my Duome statistics show "Tree: L3" and "Crowns: 1096/1521", so that sounds like a lower level and less complete than what I've done. I searched the forums but did not see this addressed. What am I missing?

Thomas.Heiss
Germany

Post by Thomas.Heiss »

sassfb wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 5:40 pm

What am I missing?

The Duome progress page and cached USERNAME page (general Duome overview for all languages) was mainly developed for the old tree.

Duome polls your "extended user profile" from the Duolingo backend servers.

There are five crown levels (L0), L1-5 (L5 was gold before) + Legendary (purple).

The path may end at crown level 3 (plus Legendary).

Do you have later "personalized practice" units on the path?
Do it push earlier skills to L4-5 crowns or not?

Tree vs path data may not be a good fit and progress is not 1:1.

Like I'm on L2 crowns, have finished the tree since end of 2017 + summer 2018, got my golden owl back from the PT tree and I'm now focusing on the harder verb tense skills and leveling up crown levels.

But staff/the system pushed me back to Unit 49 Infinitives on the Web.
I simply ignore the path for now and focus on the old Android app (V5.52.5).

The path code broken Camilo's TreeEnhancer userscript!

If Duolingo has a problem to correctly merge tree vs path data in the "extended user profile" which Duome is reading and Duolingo backend doesn't offer L4-5 crown levels directly (maybe with later personalized practice in the bottom units??) then you will have to see these discrepancies for a while.

Feel free to use an older Android app if you want to be able to selectively work on higher grammar/verb tense crown levels.

..(...)..

Legendary

There are two A/B tests going on:

• 1) Legendary level test up PER unit
  • 2) Legendary test for each path level (round circle), so more skill related, more single steps

A normal path unit maps multiple (about 2-3) skills and 3 crown levels per skill.

If the Duolingo doesn't specifically flag certain skills on the L6 crown level, then Duome can't do much.
Hence may show you a lower crown level (e.g. L3) from the path.

Maybe further fine-tuning can be done on Maxime's site but there is some hope staff will have to paddle back next 2-3 years from this path mess pr make firther adjustments.
In his place I wouldn't want to invest too much time into a separate path coding.

The CEO Dr. Luis von Ahn seems to be currently under a different impression and has clearly said on Reddit that they won't offer both.

If millions would force to use the old tree Android app this would affect their metrics noticeable.

Well, we probably won't see that Duolingo developers and business analysts or CTO move back to the old tree...but nobody knows that exactly comes up next year.

A lot feels like they are remote controlled by investors and only do changes for in-app currency (Gems) and how to steal the Gems out of your purse (I went from 30-40k blue Gems after conversation of my red Lingots to 0 Gems in a quick time with app League challenges ans buying timer extends) or to push you into Duolingo Super.

Doubt they want to maintain two separate versions in parallel.
I'm actually surprised that the "extended user profile" code hasn't exploded and tracking hasn't crashed yet... being totally unmappable.

The Duome progress page could be worse than it is right now :-)
Both worlds (tree vs path/snake) may not be able to coexist very well.
Or maybe you will see L4-5 crowns coming back?

If skill/crown level lesson (=crown session) is incomplete or missing on your profile, there's no simple way for Maxime @duome to make a guess work how it shall hide tree data but force path data for the display.

Maybe Duolingo staff needs to find a better way to have both systems/designs coexist with each other and to fix updates and variable data?!

:de: Native | :us: Upper-B2 (BritishCouncil) | ImageL25 (Duo) / A2 (6+y, McGraw-Hill) - Learning (Busuu): :fr: (A1 McGraw-Hill) | :brazil: (interm.)

sassfb

Post by sassfb »

Thanks for your detailed reply! I do have "personalized practice" units, and I have reached L5 or legendary (L6?) in every unit on the path, but Duome shows Tree: L3 and Crowns: 1096/1521 for me.

It looks like I've got the Legendary test per unit. Well, I don't have an Android device, so I can't use the Android app. Besides, I like doing Duolingo in a browser--I understand that with the app, people have hearts to lose. So I am glad to be heartless! I have plenty of lingots and acquire more than I use every week.

I don't really mind the change to the path form, but as you say, it looks like the Duome progress page can't use the path data very well. In that case, it's Duome (and not me) that is missing something.

Thomas.Heiss
Germany

Post by Thomas.Heiss »

sassfb wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 4:06 pm

I do have "personalized practice" units, and I have reached L5 or legendary (L6?) in every unit on the path, but Duome shows Tree: L3 and Crowns: 1096/1521 for me.

Then the Duolingo backend doesn't give you L4/L5 crowns and doesn't mark skills to be complete.

It looks like I've got the Legendary test per unit

No idea how Duolingo marks skills for L6 Legendary with path

• tests for a unit
  • or tests for a path level

There are two A/B tests going on.

Obviously the backend doesn't do it in the "extended user profile" and may keep that path data separately, else you would see more L6 Legendary purple skills.

Thomas.Heiss
Germany

Post by Thomas.Heiss »

I don't have an Android device, so I can't use the Android app.

The 6.67" Redmi Note 10 Pro is a really good SuperAmoled/Oled smartphone from Xiaomi as it supports 1300nits outdoors for bright sunlight.

Prices have gone up for Redmi Note 12 (Pro) series significantly.
Around 450-499 Euros with two variants (AFAIU they now offer a picture stabilizer).

The 10 Pro even has a triple Sim slot.

Wish I had bought the 128Gb version and not only 64Gb (later sale at a consumer store offered a good price for 128Gb but not at the time when I got the 64Gb deal from Xiaomi s EU online shop....but I can put a Sdcard into it.

Not all vendor phones offer a SD card slot!

USP for the 10 series was 299 Euros.
64Gb was 279 Euros.

But I got a offer for about 239 Euros and on top 20 Euro discount was in place so I only paid 219 Euros (included the 33 Watt Ac fast charger plus cable).

My phone has 6gb Ram. That's a must!

The 4Gb Ram Non-Pro or Non-Note offerings of cheap budget phones are IMHO just ridiculous.
Android 11/Miui takes a lot of Ram. Won't get better with Android 12/13.

Last edited by Thomas.Heiss on Thu May 18, 2023 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thomas.Heiss
Germany

Post by Thomas.Heiss »

I understand that with the app, people have hearts to lose.

Not if you have a school classroom.
Then you can enable unlimited hearts, just like when you're a Super subscriber.

So I am glad to be heartless! I have plenty of lingots and acquire more than I use every week.

This will change soon. See these new A/B tests with hearts and blue Gems:

viewtopic.php?t=14810

I don't really mind the change to the path form, but as you say, it looks like the Duome progress page can't use the path data very well. In that case, it's Duome (and not me) that is missing something.

I have not yet looked how Duolingo saves the path data per unit or what variable is set for a Legendary path level or path unit, sorry.

Those few Legendary path units on the Web come from old tree data where skills got leveled up to Legendary either on the very old Web portal or on the old Android app.

Well, this path thing is IMHO still quite new from January 2023 for most accounts.
Maybe Maxime @Duome finds better ways to interprete the data, read specific path variables and maybe he could offer both as tree vs path design?!

I surely wouldn't want to miss the old Portuguese tree data.
I'm for now ignoring their path thing.
Will do the same for the DE->FR course.

duome

Post by duome »

I'm monitoring the issue to see if (or when) there will be a solution. There isn't much to say though, at this moment in time.

marco_w
Germany

Post by marco_w »

Thanks for this great site :-) I came across this by chance and you have more information than on the Duolingo

sassfb

Post by sassfb »

Thanks, Thomas, for all the details and suggestions, and thanks, duome, for looking at this issue!

SweNedGuy
Belgium

Post by SweNedGuy »

Your contributions in this main section: Duome related Subforums

Your contributions in this section: Duome's how-to guides

Your contributions in: Troubleshooting Duome

Your contributions in: Duome Requests

Your contributions in: Duome Announcements

Your contributions in: Product specific topics: Q&A

Your contributions in: Duolingo Q&A (Note that this subforum includes a selection of threads previously posted all across the English forum; it greatly helps bringing related info together.)

Last edited by SweNedGuy on Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Speaking :netherlands: :fr: :uk: :es: Learning :de:(B2-) :it:(B1) Image :sweden: :portugal: Image (A)

Hoppi

Post by Hoppi »

This is not being updated for me. The latest update was two day ago. What is wrong?

duome

Post by duome »

Hoppi wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 7:40 am

This is not being updated for me. The latest update was two day ago. What is wrong?

Should be updating now.

Hoppi

Post by Hoppi »

duome wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 3:58 pm
Hoppi wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 7:40 am

Should be updating now.

I haven't seen it yet. Still there is no update after my post above. Currently shows English on Portuguese as my current course but currently I have switched to Spanish on Portuguese.

duome

Post by duome »

Investigating the issue..

SansEspoir
Norway

Post by SansEspoir »

Hoppi wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:18 pm

I haven't seen it yet. Still there is no update after my post above. Currently shows English on Portuguese as my current course but currently I have switched to Spanish on Portuguese.

Same issue. Taking a break from repairing the norwegian legendaries to see if I can make any sense of the italian again, as I feel the little italian I do know is rapidly removing itself from my brain. Duome page still shows Norwegian.

DuoMe Profile Learning 🇮🇹/Image + 🇩🇪, with the most focus on 🇮🇹 for now.
Working on repairing the 🇳🇴 🇸🇪 🇩🇰 Legendaries after the 2023 updates, but not sure how to complete it all since I'm out of gems due to refusing to pay for the Snake :mrgreen: as long as a kind soul keeps me in their family plan Image

Hoppi

Post by Hoppi »

After more than a week or so, it has started to work again for me.

Return to “Duome's How-to Guides”