Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Handwriting Greek letters

Cifi

Handwriting Greek letters

Post by Cifi »

I started drawing greek letters on paper, which is probably a good thing especially for those which aren't shared between alphabets.

Duolingo has some exercises for this in the letter section, too, however they teach some in a way that isn't very intuitive to me, e.g. starting μ with a u shape, and doing the left downward slash afterward, or α with the circle-like shape first, while I would start at the upper right point (much like writing and ampersand).

Is this actually the way that Greek people would write the letters?

Native: :de: Intermediate: :uk: Lower intermediate: :es: Beginner: :fr: Absolute beginner: 🇬🇷
(If there are errors in what I'm writing in either language, please do correct me - I'll never take it as offense or something like that.)

Phil682961

Re: Handwriting Greek letters

Post by Phil682961 »

This page might be useful: https://www.foundalis.com/lan/hw/grkhandw.htm

Though I do recall we discussed this on the Duolingo forum, and not all of these are necessarily the most common way to write the letter.

Cifi

Post by Cifi »

Great, thank you, [mention]Phil682961[/mention]!

You probably don't happen to have a link to the old Duolingo discussion so I could access it in the hobune archive, do you?

Native: :de: Intermediate: :uk: Lower intermediate: :es: Beginner: :fr: Absolute beginner: 🇬🇷
(If there are errors in what I'm writing in either language, please do correct me - I'll never take it as offense or something like that.)

Phil682961

Post by Phil682961 »

Cifi wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:48 am

Great, thank you, @Phil682961!

You probably don't happen to have a link to the old Duolingo discussion so I could access it in the hobune archive, do you?

Sadly I don't think it's in the archive. From my download of my Duo data, I found the IDs of the comments I made in that thread: they're 37328434 and 37328487. Hobune doesn't have those, but I'm posting them just in case you come across some other archive that has them.

Return to “Greek”