Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

more color schemes

Ask, and we'll consider your request. Provide an accurate description of what you would like to do/have, and we'll consider implementing it, if this is technically possible.

ErikRed
United States of America

more color schemes

Post by ErikRed »

darkmode is a must, but personally, I'd want a red theme

Remember the Red
Recuerda el Rojo
eRinnere den Rot
빨간을 기억하세효

duome

Re: more color schemes

Post by duome »

Eventually.. )

I couldn't find even a single dark mode theme that would be good enough and ideally I would like to mod it even further to include original (familiar) duolingo graphics, so... I will have to do all the work myself this time), it's more than just installing a third-party theme or mod.

dakanga

Post by dakanga »

I will though suggest, for this small opening of time to copy text type information and links, lets not get too hung up about color schemes.

I hope we can get to save real advice and resources and links.

... edited ....
Then once the centre of the storm - of the eminent closure of the forums goes past - then is the time to focus on the n̶i̶c̶e̶t̶i̶e̶s̶ that which is real concern and ability for you to engage, to have control of options of an appropriate color schemes. Sorry for being flippant. I do get where you are coming from.
But - we are in a tad of crisis at the moment. And your participation to assist is greatly appreciated. Just that it may not be met in this next monthish. But perhaps it may be.
.... stop editing ....

At the moment, if anyone can help making information still be available that assist learning, can you struggle through the challenge of this color scheme ?

I know this is very important to you, and affects your ability to interact.

But, we are under the pump at the moment.

Though of course, if those brilliant minds can find a solution that does not absorb their ability to also help at bailing the boat before it sinks, then - whatever people feel comfortable with.

Hang in there all of you. And thanks for wading in and helping to save things.

dakanga

Post by dakanga »

I validate your issues superessedi.

For so many reasons.

Thanks for all you do for this community.

duome

Post by duome »

ErikRed wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:28 pm

darkmode is a must, but personally, I'd want a red theme

Dark mode is availavle though the moon toggle under your avatar in the top right corner. It's just a quick predefined solution that wasn't meant to be perfect, but it's at least something.. )

duome

Post by duome »

superessedi wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:37 pm

Thanks a lot! It works. I couldn't find it before. :D

It wasn't there.. )

dlhgl
Germany

Post by dlhgl »

duome wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:30 pm

Dark mode is availavle though the moon toggle under your avatar in the top right corner. It's just a quick predefined solution that wasn't meant to be perfect, but it's at least something.. )

Great, thanks a lot! :)

It seems there is still a missing color definition, see e.g. this page (as long as no other post is added): the bottom of the page below Privacy|Terms is still white (depending on the window size).

duome

Post by duome »

dlhgl wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:36 pm

It seems there is still a missing color definition, see e.g. this page (as long as no other post is added): the bottom of the page below Privacy|Terms is still white (depending on the window size).

I also have horizontal scrolling and unwanted 15px padding around the entire page everywhere on the forum. This needs to be fixed as well.

coto.i
Romania

Post by coto.i »

dlhgl wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:36 pm
duome wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:30 pm

Great, thanks a lot! :)

Thanks a lot for the dark mode!

I also have a white band under all the pages that don't have a certain height, for example all the tabs from the Control Panel (Overview, Profile, Board preferences, Private messages, Usergroups, Friends & Foes), all the pages with only one short post, etc. Actually, it spreads all the way from the left margin to the right margin of the browser, not just under the forum content.

🇷🇴 Native Romanian speaker :us: B2-C1 :fr: B1-B2 :es: A2-B1 :de: A1-A2

Return to “Requests new Duome features”