Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Kelime listeleri

dakanga

Kelime listeleri

Post by dakanga »

Danika_Dakika
United States of America

Re: kelime listesi

Post by Danika_Dakika »

daKanga-- A few suggestions here, if I may? (And then feel free to delete)

"kelime listesi" -- the plural (word lists) would be:
Kelime listeleri

The names of the languages:
Türkçe
İngilizce
Almanca
Rusça

In the table headers:
(Language) Dil
(Words) Kelimeler
(Units) Üniteler
(Skills) Beceriler

This may be too "in the weeds"... but I am reading the header as "Tree. Words." etc. and suggesting accordingly. If the actual header is meant to be more like "Tree words" or "Tree's words" or "Words in the tree" -- I would suggest something slightly different for each of those. Totally up to your preference for how the words flow, because any of them sound fine!

Teşekkürler!
--Danika_Dakika

Duolingo Mod, TR Image <> EN Image

dakanga

Re: Kelime listeleri

Post by dakanga »

Especially for now, I am leaving your wise and appropriate corrections - for me to be able to ponder over more. And see if it has repercussions in other posts I may be porting.

Thank you for these appreciated corrections !

dakanga

Post by dakanga »

Is : "kurs" a good word to use for "course"

as in the Duolingo course.
Duolingo often refers to a course as a tree.

Danika_Dakika
United States of America

Post by Danika_Dakika »

Yes, "kurs" is good for "course" -- we use that most of the time in the Turkish-speaking forums.

It seems like "tree" is slightly more jargon-y these days -- since it dates back when the graphics of the course were very different and it looked more tree-like, right? I've run into a few users that were confused by it, so I am less likely to use "ağaç" in Turkish.

dakanga

Post by dakanga »

And it looks like sometime later this year they will be changing the look of the courses to being a path.

viewtopic.php?p=14232-big-changes-comin ... ath#p14232

sktrbktn
Turkey

Post by sktrbktn »

There is wrong. Langage means "dil", language is "lisan". Unfortunately, our Turkish language was killed in the genocide (cultural) in Turkey. People don't know the difference between langage and language.

dakanga

Post by dakanga »

Could we now choose to refer to the name Türkiye for this country, instead of Turkey ?

I have just this last fortnight become aware of this, and will endevour to change references I have made in these forums to Türkiye. To that end I have also put up this post for more information : viewtopic.php?p=43339-türkiye-tur-kee-y ... ame#p43339

And if I have slipped up and missed something, please, could you point it out to me. Thank you.

Danika_Dakika
United States of America

Post by Danika_Dakika »

Yes the most appropriate name for the country is Türkiye, but isn't everything here labeled with "Türkçe" because it is the name of the language?

Return to “— türkçeden (tr)”