Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Registration

This is for Duome related issues only, about the Progress pages, about the Forum itself.
ATTENTION : For Duolingo issues, write to Duolingo support.

duome

Registration

Post by duome »

For those having trouble registering on the forum: this forum uses reCaptcha v3 during registration, it should be seamless/invisible unless Google thinks it's "not ok" for whatever reason - I wouldn't know their reasons but I can check the list of inactive users (currently there are none). If you're still having issues, try a different device, maybe a laptop or a smartphone and see what happens. You could also ask one of your friends to see if it works for them and they can probably set up an account with a temporary password for you.

In the meantime I don't see any warnings or reports regarding unsuccessful registrations. If I do - I'll step in and do what's possible.

You can also email me at _ ask at duome eu _ and I'll set up an empty profile for you.

duome

Re: Registration

Post by duome »

I tweaked some settings so it could be better in at least some cases - I did a test where I was previously getting an error and I'm not getting it any longer with new settings. If you were affected - please, give it a try once more.

Explorer
Portugal

Post by Explorer »

Some users from Duolingo are unable to complete the registration process. They say they are not receiving the activation email (it's not in their spam folder either). Apparently it has not been possible to create new accounts since yesterday evening.

Edit: it seems to be working fine now.

🇬🇧 🇪🇸 🇵🇹 🇫🇷 🇩🇪 | Learning: 🇯🇵 |

Jenga218
Australia

Post by Jenga218 »

Explorer wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:24 am

Some users from Duolingo are unable to complete the registration process. They say they are not receiving the activation email (it's not in their spam folder either). Apparently it has not been possible to create new accounts since yesterday evening.

I just got a report from someone in a Facebook group also not getting the registration email? About 20 minutes ago at the time I posted this comment.

🇨🇦 🇦🇺 Native
:fr: - Upper Intermediate | 🇮🇱 Beginner | 🇪🇸 Beginner (inactive)

Explorer
Portugal

Post by Explorer »

Jenga218 wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:35 am
Explorer wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:24 am

I just got a report from someone in a Facebook group also not getting the registration email? About 20 minutes ago at the time I posted this comment.

I think they are not getting the email immediately. I guess it may take a few hours after registering :?

🇬🇧 🇪🇸 🇵🇹 🇫🇷 🇩🇪 | Learning: 🇯🇵 |

pawndemic
Germany

Post by pawndemic »

Thank you for letting me in. There is certainly an issue with the activation e-mail. Until now i didn't receive any of it and I did the registration 2 or 3 days ago. Today I just tried my luck to logging me in and apparently it worked. So, informing an admin helped. :)

native: 🇩🇪, B2 - C1: 🇬🇧 🇪🇸, A1: 🇫🇷 🇮🇹

duome

Post by duome »

I understand the issue now but I have to wait for my web host tech support to fix it, until then I activate new accounts manually several times a day, so.. don't give up ;)

Deleted User 279

Post by Deleted User 279 »

I never received the registration email. However I noticed that someone on the forum was advised just to try the log in (after registering) which worked for them.
This I also tried and was successful. Maybe for those still having difficulty this can generally be made known.

Deleted User 279

Can one change username and pfp on this site? Have done so on my app. Thank you.

Deleted User 114

Post by Deleted User 114 »

Can one change username and pfp on this site?

For changing the pfp: Go to "User Control Panel", then to "Profile", then to "Edit Avatar"

When I went to "User Control Panel", then to "Profile", and then from there to "Account Settings", I didn't seem able to change my Username.

duome

Post by duome »

Crocodile-Dundee wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 5:00 am

Can one change username and pfp on this site? Have done so on my app. Thank you.

A username change isn't allowed in the settings by default but I can still do it on demand.

Deleted User 279

May I change it to the one now on my app please? Also the profile pic. I'd be most grateful!

hecate4stuff
United States of America

Post by hecate4stuff »

Just in case it helps someone else: I was among the people who had registered fine but not received the activation email so asked for a resend this morning. After quite a delay in which I thought even that didn't work, I did finally get the email and activated find. So asking for the resend seem to kick things into gear now.

for extreme cases, there is sometimes extreme magick
native :us: intermediate :es:

hecate4stuff
United States of America

Post by hecate4stuff »

Duome, My username on the duolingo forums Is hecate4stuff And I stupidly registered here just as Hecate So of course none of my streaks or achievements are showing up here. Is it possible to manually change my username to the proper one I used on the previous forums?

Basler Biker
Switzerland

Post by Basler Biker »

Hello Hecate.

There is no automatic or built-in link between your duome forum alias, and the alias used on Duolingo.

Some people do refer from here (the forum) to their duome "progress" page, but that is done with a simple URL in which you use the DL alias. Here is the URL to your duome progress page https://www.duome.eu/hecate4stuff/progress

In order to get a new alias in line with your duolingo one, please do proceed as explained

• via the UCP => delete your Hecate account
  • make a new registration with the correct username

The point being that duome forum needs the registration "evidence" (I agree with the Terms) done by the username which you will be using on Duome. We have one from the name of Hecate, but not one on the name of hecate4stuff.

BB - Basler Biker - Positivity and constructiveness will prevail
Native :belgium: :netherlands: / fluent :fr: :de: :uk: / learning :sweden: / fan of :switzerland: (bs/bl)

hecate4stuff
United States of America

Post by hecate4stuff »

Oh, okay, I will do that. I was just hoping to avoid the hassle of re-registering but with my participation here so new (only four or five posts) I'm not losing much :). It's just when I saw that post by duome saying he could do it manually, I was hoping... Thanks.

Basler Biker
Switzerland

Post by Basler Biker »

Dear Hecate4stuff - if you read this, can you confirm that all is as requested now? Thx.

Native :belgium: :netherlands: / fluent :fr: :de: :uk: / learning :sweden: / fan of :switzerland: (bs/bl)

hecate4stuff
United States of America

Post by hecate4stuff »

Basler Biker wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 1:49 pm

Dear Hecate4stuff - if you read this, can you confirm that all is as requested now? Thx.

Absolutely! I'm back to hecate4stuff; I did post a reply to your post here but it never showed up. I'm just struggling with trying to get things set up as I can't find out how to have my favorite fora (the main one and the Spanish from English one) to show as links on the home page so I can go straight there instead of scrolling around there to find that Spanish one in the midst of all the others :) Just a learning curve, and I'm eager to see if this turns out to be a great resource and a friendly place!

g-heike
Germany

Post by g-heike »

The problem with the registration mail is not solved yet. But if you not get the mail try to login here without the mail. With me it has worked.

01tmJ8kb

Post by 01tmJ8kb »

It is 43 hours since we last had a registration, which is unexpected given the imminent demise of the Duolingo forum. I wonder whether there is something else blocking admission of new members.

:gb: N :de: A1 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 A1 :fr: A1

g-heike
Germany

Post by g-heike »

Yes, it can be that many people are irritated, because of the problem that no registration mail comes into their box and no one is found in the spamfolder. It was the same with me, I also do not try to login here, because I wait for this mail.

So my solution is, try to login without the mail. Possibly it works for the other people too.

Basler Biker
Switzerland

Post by Basler Biker »

g-heike wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:02 pm

Yes, it can be that many people are irritated, because of the problem that no registration mail comes into their box and no one is found in the spamfolder. It was the same with me, I also do not try to login here, because I wait for this mail.

So my solution is, try to login without the mail. Possibly it works for the other people too.

On the login screen/page there is a "resend activation email" link (as well as the usual "forgot password"
So try the resend, or just try logging in.

pawndemic
Germany

Post by pawndemic »

Basler Biker wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:41 pm

On the login screen/page there is a "resend activation email" link (as well as the usual "forgot password"

In my case that was exactly the problem, I didn't received any mail at all. But you can always contact the admin if you are in doubts And I guess our admin activates from time to time the accounts manually and than we are at that point of which [mention]g-heike[/mention] , has us told , that it just worked after a try.

contact

native: 🇩🇪, B2 - C1: 🇬🇧 🇪🇸, A1: 🇫🇷 🇮🇹

Yoong1eKangTerry
United States of America

Post by Yoong1eKangTerry »

Yes, I did not get an activation email. I did, however, send a message to an admin and I was able to log in and it worked.

Native:🇺🇸(English)| Novice Mid: 🇪🇸(Spanish)|Beginner:🇰🇷(Korean)

g-heike
Germany

Post by g-heike »

I'll push it up again. For those who still have the problem that they have not received a registration email. Try to log in without the mail, sometimes your account is already unlocked.

g-heike
Germany

Post by g-heike »

Since the forum can be viewed from the outside in unregistered state, it would be good if somewhere on the page there is a fixed text that if the registration email is not received, you should just log in like that. Often the account has already been activated.

duome

Post by duome »

In the meantime activation is not necessary, but when/if we turn it back on, such a comment would be really helpful. I wish we had this idea earlier...

Upbeat 88
Mexico

Post by Upbeat 88 »

I am not trying to be a know it or a showoff person, but I personally didn't a hard time registering the only hard thing is after I made my account/profile for duome is I couldn't figure out how to manage my profile to like to put my website URL/link, flag and Duolingo username down and then I finally figure it out! who had the same isssue '

Meli578588
Italy

Post by Meli578588 »

[mention]duome[/mention]

Sorry , it seems I posted my question in the wrong forum.

I’m having trouble with staying logged in . A Moderator here kindly told me to “ check the registered me “ box. It seems I have to do that every time and even then, sometimes it doesn’t work.

It will bounce me out after my comments and they don’t go through. And suggestions please ?

Thank you !

P. S . It might have been 3 moderators trying to help .:)

Thank you moderators !

Basler Biker
Switzerland

Post by Basler Biker »

Meli578588 wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 3:45 am

@duome

Sorry , it seems I posted my question in the wrong forum.

I’m having trouble with staying logged in . A Moderator here kindly told me to “ check the registered me “ box. It seems I have to do that every time and even then, sometimes it doesn’t work.

It will bounce me out after my comments and they don’t go through. And suggestions please ?

Thank you !

P. S . It might have been 3 moderators trying to help .:)

Thank you moderators !

First let's see how it is supposed to work. The "remember me" ="ON" (checked), on the login screen will make that the "duome.eu" certificate on your device is NOT erased when you close the last browser window/or Browser TAB where duome was open. The next time you visit the duome.eu website it will bring you straight to the main page, or the duome page/topic defined by your favorite link.

This works till you actively logout via the duome logout button.

So it's NOT intended to log you in automatically once you logged out (some OTHER systems do it like that, ... they remember the user ID and password for you, so you just have to press ENTER on the login screen.

So now compare this to your situation. Maybe send us footage in a PM video attachment or so) of your bouncing out...I have no idea what it could be, and wanna see it happening)
Also check: do you have any "strong protection" installed, such as preventing coockies or preventing certificates?

Return to “Troubleshooting Duome”